PDA

View Full Version : My PTP Micro

Vicious6
11-01-2005, 08:30 PM
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/31000/Picture016_rs.jpg

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/31000/Picture017_rs.jpg

Please excuse the disgusting macroline, it was just for testing purposes.

Also sorry about the quality, it was taken hastily with my camera phone.

Trust me, the wood grain grips look MUCH better in person!! :D

Now, perhaps someone will provide the answers to my previous thread.... I NEED to get ahold of the sear pin and spring for the "rocker arm" type detent, mine was shot! First time using gun I threw on my Ricochet Apache and had it drop half a hopper out the barrel! :dance:

barjohn
11-01-2005, 08:35 PM
do micro mags take twist and lock barrels where the ball dedent is right in the barrel? if so they give ya a couple in those parts kits.

barjohn
11-01-2005, 08:38 PM
:D seeing a splash paintjob on a mag is kindda like seeing a guy dessed up in bell bottoms total disco walken down street today. not saying that it looks funny but it kindda looks funny.

Vicious6
11-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Micros are cocker threaded.

barjohn
11-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Perhaps this is what you are looking for.

http://www.paintballgear.ca/product_info.php/cPath/157_21_332_526_78/products_id/1018

Vicious6
11-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Neg, the (I believe gen 3) Micromag body I have has a plastic "rocker arm" as a detent.

Coralis
11-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Your going to probably have to go to Pro Team products to get the ball detent spring and sear pin. Though in a pinch you might be able to use the spring out of cheap ball point pen and cut it down if you want to use the marker right away .

This information is posted on their website.
Phone 386.437.3375
Fax 386.437.7108
sales@proteamproducts.com

This is my micromag

http://home.earthlink.net/~solrocoralis/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/micromag.jpg

3DSteve
11-03-2005, 12:16 AM
hey you micromag owners...
i'm really interested in the micro body, but i gotta know...
will it take stock grip frames...
i want a 2 finger trigger micro, but they're a little hard to come by...
could i put an intelliframe on one???
-3D

gunselman
11-03-2005, 12:40 AM
I am doing some custom work on a micro and i took out the pin that holds in the detent. It is just a roll pin that you can get at any local nut and bolt store.

The spring is sbout .3285" in length
with roughly .125" in diameter with 11 coils..

The whole in the plastic measures roughly .11"

so a small roll pin say .125" diameter would work.
and then cut it to length needed

As far as for the grips.. any automag grip frame should work. you may have inteference with the front of some grips and the vertical adapter though. a stock fram should work almost indefinetly.

Coralis
11-03-2005, 07:21 PM
To fit the sticky grips on my micro I have had to cut out some the grip as the trigger guard is in the way a bit , 5-10 min surgery with a exacto knife .

Tunaman
11-03-2005, 08:15 PM
I think I have some of these older ball detent kits. Let me see if i can find them... ;)

Barjack420
01-09-2006, 11:10 AM
I have a similar problem with my newly rescued PTP micromag. I found it in some old ladies garage sale, bought it for $40......with the RT valve :clap:

But the ball detent is shot :mad:

If anyone can find a site that has replacement lever style ball detents i would forever be in their debt.

I was thinking of getting rid of the lever ball detent and replacing it with a more modern version. Perhaps some time with a drill press, some tapping tools and a pair of Hybrid adjustable detents?
Or maybe just bending a paperclip and giveing it some oldskool :headbang: wire detents.......I dont know

Suggestions??

Target
01-18-2006, 07:40 PM
hey you micromag owners...
i'm really interested in the micro body, but i gotta know...
will it take stock grip frames...
i want a 2 finger trigger micro, but they're a little hard to come by...
could i put an intelliframe on one???
-3D

The 'Telli frame will fit with no problems on a MicroMag.
I have a MicroMag 2000 (vert feed) and I've seen one on the power feed version.
I did have a problem with a two finger Gun F/X / Benchmark on my MM.
It did not fit flush to the body and leaked terribly. I may have installed it incorrectly.
It works fine on my MiniMag.
ProTeam (Gun F/X) uses Benchmark frames exclusively so I would blame myself for the issues.
The one that I have has "wings" on it. The stock single Benchmark frame and the 'Telli frame are milled flat on top. This may be the problem.

Dan