PDA

View Full Version : Bifocal fogging

quik
11-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Okay, I have glasses, and they fog bad. I am sick of my glasses fogging when I play, and anti-fog spray does NOT work.

Please help me.

Also, I'm using a Proto mask, and I remember awhile back hearing about "Cat Crap" whipe stuff you can put on your mask.

Cow hunter
11-01-2005, 10:11 PM
contacts........ thats about it, or just dont wear your glasses

Target Practice
11-01-2005, 10:12 PM
That used to happen to me, then I got a set of Invisions, and it didn't happen again.

wanna-b-ballin'
11-01-2005, 10:16 PM
get some dish soap, put a drop on each lense, then rub it around evenly. do it on both sides, because both sides are prone to fogging in a mask. then soon before you play, rinse the soap off the lenses by swishing them in water. then let them air dry, dont wipe them or rub them.
i think that should work.

i know for a fact it works with snorkel masks, i dont see why it wouldn't with glasses.

Mind'sEye
11-01-2005, 10:47 PM
get some dish soap, put a drop on each lense, then rub it around evenly. do it on both sides, because both sides are prone to fogging in a mask. then soon before you play, rinse the soap off the lenses by swishing them in water. then let them air dry, dont wipe them or rub them.
i think that should work.

i know for a fact it works with snorkel masks, i dont see why it wouldn't with glasses.

I wear glasses and this ^ works for me. I carry a small complimentary hotel bottle of shampoo in my gear bag. Works just as good as dish soap. You get more protection if you don't rinse the soap. Just continue to rub the lenses with a clean soft rag until the streaks and smears are gone. A very little film may be left but it's much better than fogging.

siloseven
11-02-2005, 05:06 AM
is it the glasses on your head you use to see, or the goggles them selves?

I have the Proto switch EL and got a thermal lense was about to buy the turbine fan, but the guy said to me - put the rub on anti-fog stuff (it is in a jar my extreme rage I think) on you glasses not you goggles and you will be set.

I did it it worked, you just have to re-due it every time you clean you glasses.

behemoth
11-02-2005, 06:45 AM
I havent had a problem with my glasses in my PROfiler.

But, in your current mask, you could try a fan.

rkjunior303
11-02-2005, 09:16 AM
My teamate uses glasses in his Profiler and has no problems. They make anti-fog wipes, as well, which he's used in the past. You may also want to try "Fog-X" by the same company that makes Rain-X

Oldest Sage
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Don't use Rain-X or Fog-X on plastic lens! I wear glasses all the time, otherwise I can't find my mask. :D Since I started using Cat Crap I haven't had a problem. Last weekend we played in the rain @ 50 degrees, exceptional fogging situation. I coated my glasses and inside of my mask with Cat Crap, wiped it off with the "magic" cloth that come with the kit and I was fog free the whole day. The inside of my mask was dripping but I had no fog. I did renew the application at lunch time to be sure. I believe I got mine @ Cabela's but I thingk you can get it at almost any sports store or Google it and get it online. Hope this clears things up :p .

quik
11-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Don't use Rain-X or Fog-X on plastic lens! I wear glasses all the time, otherwise I can't find my mask. :D Since I started using Cat Crap I haven't had a problem. Last weekend we played in the rain @ 50 degrees, exceptional fogging situation. I coated my glasses and inside of my mask with Cat Crap, wiped it off with the "magic" cloth that come with the kit and I was fog free the whole day. The inside of my mask was dripping but I had no fog. I did renew the application at lunch time to be sure. I believe I got mine @ Cabela's but I thingk you can get it at almost any sports store or Google it and get it online. Hope this clears things up :p .

Thanks, I'll go check it out. Sounds good.

Lohman446
11-02-2005, 02:26 PM
When snorkeling the instructor told me to spit on my glasses, I did - no fog.

My Profilers very seldom fog.. only in heavy rain if I let the foam get wet

quik
11-02-2005, 03:14 PM
When snorkeling the instructor told me to spit on my glasses, I did - no fog.

My Profilers very seldom fog.. only in heavy rain if I let the foam get wet

Yeah, I've tried the spit. It works for a bit, but I think the reason my glasses are fogging is the fact that the Proto mask hugs the glasses to my face so closely (and the heat my face gives off), and they dont have as much ventilation as a profiler.

scrumpy
11-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Lasik

Jaan
11-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Plastic lenses tend to fog less than glass. Smaller framed glasses fog less too ... more air passing between your face and the lenses. Mask fans help. In the old days, I've gone so far as to take an old pair of glasses, coat them in anti fog, and mount them inside the mask. You used to be able to do this to JT masks if I recall ... they made a special plastic frame that could be installed inside the mask and you would have to go and have lenses put into them. I think my local paintball store still has a couple of those frames sitting around.