PDA

View Full Version : on/off blew up today!!!

Soopa Villain17
11-02-2005, 03:05 PM
well , me and bunch of freinds are going to go play in about 20 minutes , so i air up my mag and its got some really bad bolt stick , but only with a barrel on , i also switched the oring around in the power tube to infront of the spring , it was in the back , when it was in the back it leaked , when in front it didnt but had bolt stick , so i took my valve off and my on/off came flying out sending the peices everywhere , now im stuck using a dang m98 , can anybody explain why it did this ? thanks

RazorMonkey
11-02-2005, 03:32 PM
It held some air and the on/off blew out when it wasn't being held by the body anymore...

Jenkins
11-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Same thing happened to me, except I found all my pieces. After you degas your mag, pull the trigger a little to let all the air out. You will only notice a little pressure when you pull the trigger but that little but of air is enough to send your on/off assembly flying. Don't worry, your not the first person this has happened to, and at least its easy to fix.

wanna-b-ballin'
11-02-2005, 04:59 PM
that happened to me with my classic valve once. the day before i was leaving for the long drive down to AO norcal vs. socal. i didn't notice i lost the little brass disk inside, so when i aired it up it sounded like a machine gun. then i figured out what i did, and luckily there were alot of maggers around, so i ended up borrowing the piece from Carbon. when i got home a few days later, i found it in the middle of my living room floor, about 30 feet from where i took my gun apart.

rb211
11-02-2005, 07:01 PM
You still had pressure in the gun when you took it apart. You got bolt stick because you had your power tube components in backwards. O-ring then spring then power tube tip. If it's leaking, replace the spring with a solid spacer. you can buy a spacer kit from AGD's website. you will probably need to change the o-ring now also.

Maggot6
11-02-2005, 07:15 PM
I thought you meant a co2/on off or something... I was nearly scared...
At least it's not an expensive fix.