PDA

View Full Version : What kind of eye covers for a mag?

Arstron
11-02-2005, 04:27 PM
For the few people that do have eyes on their mags, what kind of eye covers have you used? If I rember right, devils den uses an epoxy and thats what im considering, but does anyone have any other suggestions? I just got my vert feed old emag style body (twist lock) drilled for eyes, barrel also. I have tested it and it works great with my fingers, I will test it with paint when I get home. I also have a new dragun frame almost completed, its been a very slow day at work today! :dance:

http://webpages.charter.net/arstron/dragun-mag/DSC03392sm.jpg (http://webpages.charter.net/arstron/dragun-mag/DSC03392.JPG)
http://webpages.charter.net/arstron/dragun-mag/DSC03394sm.jpg (http://webpages.charter.net/arstron/dragun-mag/DSC03394.JPG)

onedude36
11-02-2005, 05:05 PM
i need to see this. Many people said you couldnot mill twistlocks for eyes.

for your question, i would use the plastic eblade covers cut to the length you need. seems easy enough.

Southpaw
11-02-2005, 05:12 PM
you can it is just hard/impossible to take your barrel out because of how the eyes can extend into the barrel and block removal.

TheTramp
11-02-2005, 05:46 PM
i would use the plastic eblade covers cut to the length you need. seems easy enough.

That's exactly that I'd do as well. They can be made to fit pretty much any gun.

Arstron
11-02-2005, 10:39 PM
thanks guys, I will try to find some tomorrow.

as for my eyes in my twist lock body. I have the barrel mounted so it can't be removed, but that was due to a mistake by me. using a punch isn't the best way to mark where you are going to drill.

I will try and get some pictures up soon. just so you know, this is all for my t boarded dragun-mag. :D

mobsterboy
11-04-2005, 10:56 PM
For the few people that do have eyes on their mags, what kind of eye covers have you used? If I rember right, devils den uses an epoxy and thats what im considering, but does anyone have any other suggestions? I just got my vert feed old emag style body (twist lock) drilled for eyes, barrel also. I have tested it and it works great with my fingers, I will test it with paint when I get home. I also have a new dragun frame almost completed, its been a very slow day at work today! :dance:

Eye covers? I'd go with eyelids if i were you :D

Pha|anx
11-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Once Logic's frame is done wouldn't it make sense for someone to make some mag specific eye covers? Probably only for ULE bodies. Maybe they could be used for Devilmags, Hypers with eyes, etc... After all isn't the mag about how many custom parts you can put on it? Even doing a nice job with epoxy still ruins it, especially Dallaras.

So getting flamed for suggesting this. :ninja:

warbeak2099
11-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Logic already mkes his own. They only fit on RTP based rails though. I'm going to go with the eblade covers so I can keep my shweet Alpha rail. The thing is nasty light. They're a good idea for Dallara rails too.

SpecialBlend2786
11-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Logic already mkes his own. They only fit on RTP based rails though. I'm going to go with the eblade covers so I can keep my shweet Alpha rail. The thing is nasty light. They're a good idea for Dallara rails too.

Yeah, Automaggot68 has a gorgeous dallara, the thing is lighter than air.

Arstron
11-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Once Logic's frame is done wouldn't it make sense for someone to make some mag specific eye covers? Probably only for ULE bodies. Maybe they could be used for Devilmags, Hypers with eyes, etc... After all isn't the mag about how many custom parts you can put on it? Even doing a nice job with epoxy still ruins it, especially Dallaras.

So getting flamed for suggesting this. :ninja:

I agree completly. the mag I'm using right now doesn't look that good, which was why I used it. who could honestly do their first ever eye install on a brand new exile body and shadow rail? after I get some more money saved up, its going to happen with my rpg mag. :d

so rouge or coolhand, any chance of mag eye covers?

warbeak2099
11-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Once again, Coolhand makes his own eye covers. If you want, buy them from him. Of course, they will only fit on his RTP rail or any RTP rail with the right modifications done to it. So you'll need to either buy his rail and sell your current one, or send your current rail and have him install the covers onto it.

If you have a Classic rail though, I'd just use the eblade covers. They look pretty nice actually.

Arstron
11-06-2005, 06:59 PM
I will put some pictures up here tomorrow, I took some pictures this weekend, but am having problems accessing my web server at home.

Arstron
11-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Just added some pictures of the beast in the original post, she isnt pretty, but she works great. :D

luke
11-07-2005, 09:41 AM
I thought eyes were supposed to be installed as close to the bottom of the breach as possible, so the ball would fully load before the gun could fire???

The way your is mounted it looks like the gun will fire with the ball only 1/2 way loaded in the breach.

Arstron
11-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Well this was my first ever eye install and I did get in to big of a hurry on it, I only measured once, and when I measured the body wasnt sitting right on the rail and caused my measurements to be off on the first hole. I usualy am very patient, but the thought of getting this done made me want to rush it. This is why I did the eye install on the twistlock body first before I did it on a nice ULE body. ;)