PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ shipping a tank.

B.A.M.
11-02-2005, 07:32 PM
What is the legal way to ship a tank, do i have to declare it or what.

Pha|anx
11-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Shipped one to Crossfire for maintenance, shipped another on a trade. Both times I never declared what it was. I hear that if you want absolute legal immunity (If any such thing exists. :rolleyes: ) take out the fill nipple or one of the burst discs.

B.A.M.
11-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Shipped one to Crossfire for maintenance, shipped another on a trade. Both times I never declared what it was. I hear that if you want absolute legal immunity (If any such thing exists. :rolleyes: ) take out the fill nipple or one of the burst discs.
well i emptied it of the N2 so it should be safe but i have shipped a couple of tanks and i always feel aqward when they ask if its a tank and i say no

Pha|anx
11-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Maybe it's just me but I have never been asked. And if I was asked what is in the package... "sporting goods" ...plain and simple.

B.A.M.
11-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Maybe it's just me but I have never been asked. And if I was asked what is in the package... "sporting goods" ...plain and simple.
oh i say it pb equipment so ill just say sporting goods now

FallNAngel
11-02-2005, 09:06 PM
well i emptied it of the N2 so it should be safe but i have shipped a couple of tanks and i always feel aqward when they ask if its a tank and i say no

Which is why you take the burst disc, gauge or fill nipple off... then it's just an empty cylinder, not a tank holding air.

JRingold
11-02-2005, 09:22 PM
I usually comply with the DOT regulations for the tank and provide a copy of the DOT regulations to the "agent" of the shipping company.

You are aware that a copy of the DOT exemptions must accompany most tanks when it's put on cargo vessels, passenger vessels and airgraft used to transport such packages, right? It's under MODAL REQUIREMENTS, usually item 10 on the DOT exemptions form.

B.A.M.
11-02-2005, 09:35 PM
I usually comply with the DOT regulations for the tank and provide a copy of the DOT regulations to the "agent" of the shipping company.

You are aware that a copy of the DOT exemptions must accompany most tanks when it's put on cargo vessels, passenger vessels and airgraft used to transport such packages, right? It's under MODAL REQUIREMENTS, usually item 10 on the DOT exemptions form.
and this means? and where do i get this

JRingold
11-04-2005, 08:57 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163096

BD_Paintball
11-04-2005, 09:14 AM
just let all the air out and you should be fine. i have shipped a few tanks with no problem doing that

Skoad
11-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Let the air out, put it in a box, take to postman, done.

B.A.M.
11-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Let the air out, put it in a box, take to postman, done.
ya i just did that, they didnt ask what i was shipping so it was good

Skoad
11-04-2005, 04:19 PM
I did it too, about a half hour ago :)