PDA

View Full Version : Intimidator question

Lohman446
11-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Ok, one of the guys was to the field with a Naughty Dogs Intimidator and I really liked it, and decided I may need a Timmy by next year. For those of you who know these things. What makes a ND or a Ripper Timmy better than something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOB-LONG-2k5-TIMMY-INTIMIDATOR-NOT-DYE-SHOCKER-PROTO_W0QQitemZ7193853230QQcategoryZ16048QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

I mean, is it just milling - is it internals? What makes them better? What should I be looking for in a Timmy when I get around to buying one? It is likely I wait until the beginning of next year to pick up one of this years models and am wondering... well why teh vast price difference in Timmys?

Dayspring
11-03-2005, 01:37 PM
That's a 2k2 body that they put the 2k4 gripframe on. (From the factory, but yes, that's what they did.) So yes, there IS a difference.

If you're going to get a Timmy, make sure it's based on the Alias platform. The front air chamber is larger, has a bumperless ram and the feedneck is moved a bit to help balance the gun better. Plus, it will be alot lighter than the 2k2s. The bolt is smaller, so less recoil.

As for the difference between the ND, Ripper2, Russian Legion, Alias, A-Bomb and what not is just body.

The Empire Timmy is a mix of 2k2 parts and 2k4 stuff.

Lohman446
11-03-2005, 01:42 PM
That's a 2k2 body that they put the 2k4 gripframe on. (From the factory, but yes, that's what they did.) So yes, there IS a difference.

If you're going to get a Timmy, make sure it's based on the Alias platform. The front air chamber is larger, has a bumperless ram and the feedneck is moved a bit to help balance the gun better. Plus, it will be alot lighter than the 2k2s. The bolt is smaller, so less recoil.

As for the difference between the ND, Ripper2, Russian Legion, Alias, A-Bomb and what not is just body.

The Empire Timmy is a mix of 2k2 parts and 2k4 stuff.

Simplify that for me - what ones are based off the Alias platform - I'm assuming the ND, Ripper2, Russian Legion, Alias, A-bomb all are?

FSU_Paintball
11-03-2005, 01:49 PM
That is correct. The Dark may be as well.

ECX, Species, GZ, old Ripper, old Dragon, Ironman are all based on the 2k2 platform. I probably missed a few.

I'd definitely go with the Alias platform.

And the 06 timmies are hot. And very small.

I personally have my eyes on the DM6. I ran some air through one and was amazed at the small size/weight... it is my next gun.

Jackel411
11-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Honestly... any timmy can shoot as good as each other..

I use a stock, well shocktech ram and cp barreled, late 2k2 timmy with a modern frenzy board , and besides being longer shoots no better than my friends ripper timmy..

PErsonally.. by a cheap GZ timmy and 05 frame it , and frenzy board it youll get away for under the price of a ripper 2 or even alias and it will shoot just as nice.

Lohman446
11-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Honestly... any timmy can shoot as good as each other..

I use a stock, well shocktech ram and cp barreled, late 2k2 timmy with a modern frenzy board , and besides being longer shoots no better than my friends ripper timmy..

PErsonally.. by a cheap GZ timmy and 05 frame it , and frenzy board it youll get away for under the price of a ripper 2 or even alias and it will shoot just as nice.

Like the one in the link? I'm not in a drastic hurry to buy and I really like the ND and Ripper, however I am wondering if its worth the money difference really. I appreciate all the advice from everyone, never shot a Timmy long term...

FSU_Paintball
11-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Well, any 2k2 timmy will shoot as good as any new one provided you've got a couple upgrades on it, but in my experience the Alias platform timmies have been a bit more reliable, a bit easier to work on... not to mention smaller, lighter and nicer looking in my opinion. If I were to buy a timmy as my main gun I'd be going after an Alias... they are easy to find in the $700 range used. Of course, if money is a big deal, I'd go after a $300 used 2k2 in a second.

Lohman446
11-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Well, any 2k2 timmy will shoot as good as any new one provided you've got a couple upgrades on it, but in my experience the Alias platform timmies have been a bit more reliable, a bit easier to work on... not to mention smaller, lighter and nicer looking in my opinion. If I were to buy a timmy as my main gun I'd be going after an Alias... they are easy to find in the $700 range used. Of course, if money is a big deal, I'd go after a $300 used 2k2 in a second.

It will be a back-up marker to my PM5... or might take top spot. Either way I have one marker that I am very happy with now, just would like a second.

CKY_Alliance
11-03-2005, 02:31 PM

The alias is oh so comfy to..most comfy gun ive held,didnt play with it so may not have liked it, i have always been told that timmys always break..idk how true this is but if i dont like my DM4 coming in the mail i was going to look at an alias becasue the one i held was so comfortable.

Dayspring
11-03-2005, 02:42 PM
2k2 Models-
2k2
ECX
Texas Storm
Species
Z (or GZ)
Old Ripper
Old Dragon
Old Ironman
Old Lasoya

2k4+
Alias
ND
Ripper 2 & Ripper 2,5
Russian Legion
New Lasoya
New Dragon
A-Bomb

Hybrid-
Old Empire

2k6
New Empire
Infamous?
Stock

And no, a 2k2 will NOT feel like a 2k4. It just doesn't.

FSU_Paintball
11-03-2005, 04:53 PM
You really don't think so? I thought 2k2 and 2k4s felt nearly identical. I mean, they work almost exactly the same...

the 2k6 felt different at Cup. They've changed a good deal of stuff. It was LOUD as a mother though. Maybe it was the dwell....

TheTramp
11-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Like the one in the link? I'm not in a drastic hurry to buy and I really like the ND and Ripper, however I am wondering if its worth the money difference really. I appreciate all the advice from everyone, never shot a Timmy long term...

I don't believe that the Timmy you linked will be drasticly different than a "full" 2k4. It even had a bummperless ram cap. If you really feel that the larger air chamber is needed then you can get a volumizer.

I've shot both (2k4 and 2k4'd 2k2) and didn't feel a difference that I thought was worth the extra $. Obviously not everyone agrees on this.

yakitori
11-03-2005, 05:38 PM
getting one myself. Im trading my Ion w/

orange bolt
stiffi 14" barrel
unimount
shocktech feedneck
NDZ trigger
hybrid biotch grips
dye hyper 2 reg

and 350 cash for one.

its black/gray fade 05 and nice.

hobbesTZ
11-03-2005, 11:00 PM
I had a classic with 05 frame and a 2k2 timmy at one point, both felt very differant because of the frame placement. I didn't know the Alias style moved the feedneck as well.

Evil1
11-04-2005, 03:03 AM
The only bad thing I can say about my alias is that it cost me $1k brand new which was a good price for the time period that I bought it, but the alias and all other timmies feel like a $400 gun. They perform real well, but feel like a spyder in your hands. They don't feel solid like a mag or angel or something like that.