PDA

View Full Version : Realignment of fatty

buzzboy
11-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Ok. I just got in my new fatty. I went to install it and the guage gos the wrong direction. The package says that there is only one input hole so you can't change around the fittings(makes no sense, why couldn't you change which port has the guage on it. Now I look at it and on the fitting is engraved that there are 2 input holes and only one output hole. Which is it. And I guess that means that all I could do is get rid of the guage and put a grub in the hole to plug it up. Is that correct. In that case I would just take the palmer guage off the reg and use it as my main gun guage. Please help.

MisterBones25
11-03-2005, 04:30 PM
im not realy sure what you mean by the guage goes the wrong way. if you mean the needle moves the wrong direction when you get your tank filled, then get a new guage. dont just plug the hole up because you need the guage to see how much your tank is filled.

Muzikman
11-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Buzz,

Yeah, you can take the gauge off and just plug the hole. I think you answered your own question as to why you can not use the other holes for the gauge.

To be honest, I still can't figure out why Palmers sells the fatty with a gauge. Gauges on regs are not needed.

TheTramp
11-03-2005, 05:07 PM
They are needed on a lot of the guns people use palmer's regs on. It's a pain to put a gauge on an A5 for example. It's even helpful on Timmys with only a LP gauge as well.

Muzikman
11-03-2005, 05:18 PM
But why do you need the gauge? What purpose does it serve? If you are using a gauge to adjust your reg, you are not adjusting it properly.

MisterBones25
11-03-2005, 05:22 PM
oops, i was thinking you were talking about a tank for some odd reason. listen to muzicman, he's got you covered. a guage is not nessesary, but nice to have in some cases.

TheTramp
11-03-2005, 05:45 PM
But why do you need the gauge? What purpose does it serve? If you are using a gauge to adjust your reg, you are not adjusting it properly.

The average person has no idea what you're talking about and isn't going to learn. Yes they use the gauge so they can start at a resonable pressure and fine tune from there. Or perhaps just to know the aproximate pressure they're opperating at.

buzzboy
11-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Well I think I got it. The booklet says that I can unscrew the reg a little bit and have it still maintain a proper seal. The original problem was that I couldn't get the reg to screw all the way in because the guage hit the trigger frame. I just unscrewed the guage and screwed it back in after I got the reg installed. In the words of a retard Ba dir ta dir.

Marchborne
11-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Well I think I got it. The booklet says that I can unscrew the reg a little bit and have it still maintain a proper seal. The original problem was that I couldn't get the reg to screw all the way in because the guage hit the trigger frame. I just unscrewed the guage and screwed it back in after I got the reg installed. In the words of a retard Ba dir ta dir.

There's an easy fix to that -- I used it myself. AKA sells the locking ASA adaptors they use on the 2liter+ regs, as separate parts. Find the length you like best, and you can realign/rotate the fatty to whatever position you want for the guage and air-line fitting, then lock it down with the AKA adaptor. Works like a charm on my featherlight viking. :)

ThePixelGuru
11-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Gauges are damned helpful for fast troubleshooting and because there are some people out there who just like to know what pressure their marker's operating at.

Muzikman
11-04-2005, 12:50 PM
But a gauge is so inacurate that what it tells you, you are running at is surely not the real pressure. Besides, who cares what it's running at. People put way too much faith in gauges.