PDA

View Full Version : Empire and Odyssey have competition

DarkMag722
11-03-2005, 09:30 PM
There is a new hopper that viewloader has made called the Velocity. Dam I love that word. VELOCITY anyway it feeds 25 bps or free fall rate of 35 bps watever that means. While the Halo and Empire loaders feed around 22 bps. And cost more. Well if you want to check it out here is a link. It looks like a mix of a 12 volt Revvy and a Ricochet hopper. Link to Action Village (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=IQ5C8YoRVfVCXMl74mmCWYC33uPbIhETT50=?Pro ductID=5PvAqArbonEAAAEG1%2efbl70h) link for the halo hopper you can look at the empire hopper without me setting the link cause im an ill edit the word my self a$$*. halo hopper link (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=SPMH0D6pPAsHin3DjnXHeDQPNjv7JJEGOYY=?Pro ductID=tFysFAY75_QAAAD3okGlA_2t)

Automaggot68
11-03-2005, 09:33 PM
There is a new hopper that viewloader has made called the Velocity. Dam I love that word. VELOCITY anyway it feeds 25 bps or free fall rate of 35 bps watever that means. While the Halo and Empire loaders feed around 22 bps. And cost more. Well if you want to check it out here is a link. It looks like a mix of a 12 volt Revvy and a Ricochet hopper. Link to Action Village (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=IQ5C8YoRVfVCXMl74mmCWYC33uPbIhETT50=?Pro ductID=5PvAqArbonEAAAEG1%2efbl70h) link for the halo hopper you can look at the empire hopper without me setting the link cause im an ill edit the word my self a$$*. halo hopper link (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=SPMH0D6pPAsHin3DjnXHeDQPNjv7JJEGOYY=?Pro ductID=tFysFAY75_QAAAD3okGlA_2t)

Reeeeepost.

onedude36
11-03-2005, 10:01 PM
since when do empires only feed 22? Hmm, must have missed the memo

repost.

phantomhitman
11-03-2005, 10:07 PM
i max out my halo all of the time :rolleyes:

I swear we need a dodgy smily face

MonsterMag
11-03-2005, 11:22 PM
That's one fugly Halo
Looks like it got deformed

Why wasn't there a patent on the halo design?

psychowarden
11-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Just incase you guys hadnt gotten the news. Odyssey is done. They have been bought out by NPS, and they probably will no longer produce the Halo, on the Reloader B. But now that the Velocity is out, it may actually be quite the seller.

phantomhitman
11-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Just incase you guys hadnt gotten the news. Odyssey is done. They have been bought out by NPS, and they probably will no longer produce the Halo, on the Reloader B. But now that the Velocity is out, it may actually be quite the seller.

Is there a place you can read about this? I want to found out why the sold out and how nps aquired them. I have known for a while odyssey was not doing to good.

siloseven
11-04-2005, 07:49 AM
don't worry, I live down the street from them and I don't even know. well I knew they were selling before the press reliece, but I don't know why they did.

ThePixelGuru
11-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Engineered with light weight, extreme impact resistant polymer making it the largest capacity and lightest weight loader on the market today.

How can companies claim crap like this? I'd be willing to lay down money on a bet that the VL200 is lighter. :rolleyes:

gc82000
11-06-2005, 04:22 AM
The kicker for me is "Viewloader quality that you can trust." :rofl:

ZEROte
11-06-2005, 08:33 AM
is everyone here have a strong dislike for viewloader? i used revvies and eggs for years now. my egg shells seem to break every once in a while but what hopper shells dont? they are good loaders and im sure this new one will be good also.

thefuzz
11-06-2005, 10:05 AM
My local store got one of these to "test" and since I'm buddies with the owner, he let me see it. The thing is huge from the back! When the thing is on the gun and you're looking out, its difficult to adjust to having your vision blocked. The neat thing is though, from the front it looks smaller than it actually is (some sort of optical illusion)...its almost like a smooth Ricoche. The feedneck is much smaller than a Halo or Empire so if you have an "unadjustable" feedneck, it'll fit perfectly without having to sand it down (especially on my ULE Mag body). My only complaint is that the lid is very very tight. You almost have to hold the hopper onto the gun to in fear of flinging the hopper off everytime you open the lid (yes its that tight)...that can be fixed with a little sanding. I did not get to see one on a gun, shooting 25bps...but the owner of the store said its much faster than a stock Halo or Empire. Its also said the battery life in these things are much longer than either a Halo or Empire as well...not tested that claim yet.

I may pick one up because Empire's parent company (NPS) is being sued out the ying yang for not paying debts and who knows how long they'll be around in the same capacity. Plus Empire's customer service is less than be desired and getting stock parts if something breaks is always tough. Halos aren't horrible, but if this thing has a longer battery life then I'll definatly pick this up.

TheTramp
11-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Halos aren't horrible...

What? They, and the Realoader B are the fastest proven loaders out now. Far from being "not horrible" they are the fastest.

Bejita
11-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Some of yall are retarded........Have you tried it yet??? Hell no because you can only pre order it. The halo wasn't even the best loader on the market before this.........Fact is the Q-loader and the warpfeed w/ 12 volt conversion hold up better than the halo......go here for proof of this http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/z-mans_corner/zmans_corner_main.html and as far as durrability goes.........More ignorance demonstrated. The halo is made out of the same crap plastic as most elbows, just thinner.......They break on a regular basis and I hear you guys moaning all of the time about how you need another shell or different shells so dont even go there.......

Dont get me wrong...I own a halo and it's ok......but I assure you....It's not the end all be all of loaders. Something better WILL come along, hell there are better loaders out there. My point is.....dont talk about crap you have ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIECE using :D

neppo1345
11-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Some of yall are retarded........Have you tried it yet??? Hell no because you can only pre order it. The halo wasn't even the best loader on the market before this.........Fact is the Q-loader and the warpfeed w/ 12 volt conversion hold up better than the halo......go here for proof of this http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/z-mans_corner/zmans_corner_main.html and as far as durrability goes.........More ignorance demonstrated. The halo is made out of the same crap plastic as most elbows, just thinner.......They break on a regular basis and I hear you guys moaning all of the time about how you need another shell or different shells so dont even go there.......

Dont get me wrong...I own a halo and it's ok......but I assure you....It's not the end all be all of loaders. Something better WILL come along, hell there are better loaders out there. My point is.....dont talk about crap you have ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIECE using :D

Yeah, as far as speed...it mayhyave been secone...the the Q is not practical for tourney play where high rate of fire + easy reload + larger ball capacity are required...it might work fine on the scenario field....and the warp, no matter how nice it is is simply ungainly...yeah it works great...but why tote the extra weight of 2 loaders around and make it hardwer to shoot offhand?

No matter what anyone says...the halo is the best loader on the market...when the vlocity gets released...things may change...we shall see...

68magOwner
11-06-2005, 04:05 PM
as long as it feeds 15, reloads easily, and looks ok (yes, i said it, looks ok), then ill take whatever is lighter, dont care if it feeds 22 or 35 if im capped at 15.

Bejita
11-06-2005, 04:38 PM
No matter what anyone says...the halo is the best loader on the market...when the vlocity gets released...things may change...we shall see...

No......It's the most popular loader on the market. Because 90% of paintball players are a bunch of trendy followers :tard:

gc82000
11-06-2005, 06:14 PM
No......It's the most popular loader on the market. Because 90% of paintball players are a bunch of trendy followers :tard:

Or they use what they know works. Ever have a Egg shell shatter in your hands after trying to reload, or take the time to actually try to reload a Q-loader. both bad experiences that honestly for me I would not like to repeat. Pluss Q's are impratical for a tourney, only a 120 ball capacity. But you can not shoot the last ten balls for not enough tension. :tard:

If you weigh all the major needs of a player, haloes comes out the best of all compared to others on the market now. we will see in a few months how the Velocity affects the market.

Bejita
11-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Or they use what they know works. Ever have a Egg shell shatter in your hands after trying to reload, or take the time to actually try to reload a Q-loader. both bad experiences that honestly for me I would not like to repeat. Pluss Q's are impratical for a tourney, only a 120 ball capacity. But you can not shoot the last ten balls for not enough tension. :tard:

If you weigh all the major needs of a player, haloes comes out the best of all compared to others on the market now. we will see in a few months how the Velocity affects the market.

:dance: