PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Lvl 10 Help PLZ

Jasonl619
11-05-2005, 02:33 AM
I just installed my lvl 10 today

I have 2 shims in
the carrier is snug
I have the smallest main spring

but when I gas it up and turn the velocity up until it fires a small hiss starts in the back of the regulator out of the velocity adjustment screw. Any help would be much appreciated, I'm going out to shoot tomorrow and I really want to use this.

rb211
11-05-2005, 09:09 AM
I assume you are using a classic valve. If it is an older one, you need to get a high pressure reg piston. Oil it first and see if that stops it.

11 Bravo
11-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Maybe the carrier is too snug. Try the largest one that will not leak.

athomas
11-07-2005, 10:14 AM
You may need a new regulator piston assembly. The older ones were set to a lower pressure and don't work well with the higher pressures associated with the level 10 bolt setups.

Jasonl619
11-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the help. I got the bolt working and just dealt with the slight leak out the back for the day. I'm not sure how old my valve is but I think I'll be buying a new piston. Will the high pressure piston improve the air efficiency any over the old one I have in right now?

BigEvil
11-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the help. I got the bolt working and just dealt with the slight leak out the back for the day. I'm not sure how old my valve is but I think I'll be buying a new piston. Will the high pressure piston improve the air efficiency any over the old one I have in right now?

The reg piston in this case has nothing to do with the efficency of the gun. That hissing is the over-pressure-relief saftey on the pistion. It is designed to vent if the gun was overpressurized. The current pistions have that set to start venting at a higher PSI than the older ones. Its a simple fix. I think that any of use old-skoolers who had classic mags back in the day and switched to AIR from C02 had the same problem. If it will make you feel a little better, give the AGD tech line a call and they will confirm the piston issue. They may even hook you up with a new pistion if you are nice to them :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Paintmanmike
11-11-2005, 03:48 PM
athomas' and rb211's advice is spot on, a new reg spring pack is in order.

I had the exact same issue moving to Lvl 10, even after it was wroked over by AGD's tech, and once I changed to the new pack (I think they are set 50 psi higher or so) I could set the velocity up, have no leak, and finally get Lvl 10 to really shine.

rb211
11-15-2005, 07:18 PM
I hope you mean that you bought a reg piston, not the spring pack. Changing the spring pack isn't going to solve the problem. You need a new reg. piston. That is the root of your problem, not the spring.