PDA

View Full Version : Trracer pump barrel Q's

deded
12-08-2001, 08:52 PM
I've been screwing around with my old trracer pump, and I was wondering if anyone else who has this can get the barrel off.

I heard that they shoot a little less *LOUD* when they have a new barrel on them... buuuut I can't seem to get mine off. Also, what kind of barrels do they use?

Thx!:)

DrEvil
12-08-2001, 08:55 PM
Im interested in this too I have a ttracer on the way that I got off ebay. I had one several years ago but didnt try an aftermarket barrel ever.

bofh
12-08-2001, 09:52 PM
The pump has to be removed and then the barrel is just twisted out. Regular threads. I don't think it's threaded funny. Just checked, it's normally thread. ie. looking down the barrel from the tip, twist counter-clockwise.

I have a brass J&J from about 6 or 7 years ago. Much quietier and much better than the stock...

deded
12-08-2001, 11:29 PM
How do you get the pump off?

:D

bofh
12-09-2001, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by deded
How do you get the pump off?

:D

Follow the pump handle back to the bolt, there should be a bolt/screw on each side that attaches the fiberglass-y/plastic pump handle to the bolt/thingy. Un-screw those and slide the pump off the tip of the barrel.

There's a c-clip on the barrel that prevents it from being removed while the pump handle is there. (and no, I have no idea why...) My aftermarket barrel doesn't have one.

Of course this is for a 1994 era Trracer, your milage may vary.

animal
12-09-2001, 05:52 PM
Mine just unscrews. I never had to take the pump handle off to get the barrel out. Of course now I've installed the autotracer kit to one of them, so the pump handle is no longer needed on that one.

Anyone else break paint with their tracer ALOT? I'm talking 1 in 10 shots.

deded
12-09-2001, 08:28 PM
I unscrewed it from the bolt.... but it wont just slide off the front of the barrel.

It stops on something.

Pulling hard and fast doesn't seem to work. Is there a quick resease button somewhere that the elves are hiding?

bofh
12-09-2001, 08:50 PM
Have you tried unscrewing the barrel now? Everything should come apart, now... Maybe your c-clip is the other way around from mine. Maybe mine was on the wrong side... I never figured out what it was for.

deded
12-09-2001, 09:45 PM
hmmm... I can't get it

O well I guess, thanks for trying!:D

the JoKeR
12-12-2001, 09:29 AM
Try a big hammer. Impact maintenance! A big hammer and dremmel tools make me smile :D