PDA

View Full Version : A MMO for FPS lovers....

Glickman
11-07-2005, 12:11 PM
FPS Galaxies + MMO= The "New" Galaxies

Just a quick overview:

-Still MMO
-Still Starwars
-Lucasarts taking over

-Combat is "over-the-shoulder"
-You fire as fast as you can click :clap: :clap: :clap:

and uh..

-anyone can be jedi from the start

-Buy it.

kosmo
11-07-2005, 12:24 PM
When is this taking place? Is it just a patch for the game or what?

Jonneh
11-07-2005, 01:19 PM
hahahhaha, I played galaxies a few years ago before the combat update, I've been reading about how much this patch screws it up even more. It sounds hilarious. Gone is what made galaxies even remotely interesting, in place is an extremely simple diablo clone minus the character customisation and some quests. Go SOE, truly your ability to destroy mmo games is legendary!

Rather
11-07-2005, 02:14 PM
-anyone can be jedi from the start .

:nono:

Doesn't that take away from the point of the MMO of it, i mean having to build stats and do hundreds of useless quests to become a jedi?

/This isn't the MMO you are looking for...
//Waves hand.

rkjunior303
11-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Mmo?

Steelrat
11-07-2005, 02:27 PM
MMO is a short way of saying MMORPG, as if that acronym was really too long. Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, like Everquest.

Anyone can be a jedi? Never played the original OR the new one, but I always liked the premise that it took a LOT of work to be a jedi, so you didn't have everyone running around as a jedi.

Python14
11-07-2005, 05:22 PM
I'll stick with my Arcanite Reaper and Earthfury toys, thank you very much.

RogueFactoryKid
11-07-2005, 08:18 PM
I'll stick with my Arcanite Reaper and Earthfury toys, thank you very much.
The unstoppable force > Arcanite Reaper.

Python14
11-07-2005, 11:14 PM
AV is a myth these days. Plus...I've got a buttload of points for Finkle's Lava Dredger if it drops on our run tomorrow.

Then comes the big question....+22 int or +55 healing

I CAN'T DECIDE.

teufelhunden
11-08-2005, 11:16 PM
The unstoppable force > Arcanite Reaper.

/pets The Untamed Blade.

And 6/8 Wrath.

Altimas
11-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah I have enough to buy out 2 items of Might in MC but all we've been getting is Freaking Cenarion and Fel Heart.
:cry:

SCpoloRicker
11-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Leeerrrroooyyy Jeeeennnkkkiinnsss!!!!

teufelhunden
11-09-2005, 11:49 AM
We recruit Warlocks specifically for the purpose of giving them loot- we use a null DKP system, so people only earn DKP based on DKP spent-- so if we DE Felheart, we get no DKP :(

Steelrat
11-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Leeerrrroooyyy Jeeeennnkkkiinnsss!!!!

At least I've got chicken.

Python14
11-09-2005, 04:36 PM
My guild gets everything the other guilds on my server don't get. We got 2 cenarion belts, 3 Might Bracers, a Propecy belt, and I think a pair of arcanist bracers as well just clearing our way to Domo last night.

We haven't seen Earthfury in three weeks, or felheart in 2.

My main's Profile (http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?187292)

beam
11-09-2005, 10:02 PM
When is this taking place? Is it just a patch for the game or what?

It's supposed to go live Nov. 13. Not sure if that's changed or not.

A large portion of the SWG communtiy was ticked that they announced the NGE (New Game Experience) one day after Trials of Obi Wan released. A lot of people say they wouldn't have bought it.

I've been on Test Center to preview the new format. The tutorial was a lot of fun. The actual game mechanics will take some getting used to, but that's just because I have over 2 years of habit to overcome.

In the end, I think the change will be good for the game.

Anyone who compares SWG to diablo or wow or anything else must not have "played" galaxies. There is so stinkin much you can do in that game. You've got the land based game (core SWG), space based game (Jump to Lightspeed), expansions (Rage of the Wookie, Trials of Obi Wan) all rolled up into one game.

Glickman
11-10-2005, 10:03 AM
:D
It's supposed to go live Nov. 13. Not sure if that's changed or not.

A large portion of the SWG communtiy was ticked that they announced the NGE (New Game Experience) one day after Trials of Obi Wan released. A lot of people say they wouldn't have bought it.

I've been on Test Center to preview the new format. The tutorial was a lot of fun. The actual game mechanics will take some getting used to, but that's just because I have over 2 years of habit to overcome.

In the end, I think the change will be good for the game.

Anyone who compares SWG to diablo or wow or anything else must not have "played" galaxies. There is so stinkin much you can do in that game. You've got the land based game (core SWG), space based game (Jump to Lightspeed), expansions (Rage of the Wookie, Trials of Obi Wan) all rolled up into one game.

Star wars galaxies player- n. Someone who gets shafted but enjoys it

i loved the test center format. grinding is a little harder, but then again, i havent solo'd in years.

One of the few, very good things galaxies has is a very good economy. I havent seen such a good combination of crafting and economy in any game.

hope to see you around the new CU, im with IRS on tempest, what about you?

beam
11-10-2005, 08:30 PM
:D

Star wars galaxies player- n. Someone who gets shafted but enjoys it

i loved the test center format. grinding is a little harder, but then again, i havent solo'd in years.

One of the few, very good things galaxies has is a very good economy. I havent seen such a good combination of crafting and economy in any game.

hope to see you around the new CU, im with IRS on tempest, what about you?

I'm currently unguilded on Ahazi.

No doubt the economy in SWG is very well thought out. I remember seeing an article a while back with all the stats that they track in order to balance the economy. They published the article just after a large number of players got banned for exploiting some bug that allowed them to gain enormous amounts of credits. Then, over the course of the next few months, the devs balanced the economy by removing billions worth of credits.

Anyway, hopefully the NGE goes smoothly for SWG.