PDA

View Full Version : Knee pads that don't bite

Miscue
12-08-2001, 09:29 PM
I've tried renegade pads, various knee pads... I can't get them to stay in place and I end up busting my knees anyway. Any suggestions on a good pair? I'm thinking I might end up stitching knee pads to my pants so they won't have anywhere to go...

ProjectMag
12-08-2001, 09:31 PM
Have you tried the Redz knee/shin pads? Don't know if you want that shin part but I've heard they are pretty nice. My brother just got some but hasn't been able to try them out yet so I can't report on them from his experience.

irbodden
12-08-2001, 09:33 PM
What I find funny is that people buy the paintball brand knee pads that all suck. Try picking up a set of Harbingers, at a local skateshop. They range from $35-70 and are of very high quality and comfort.

:cool:

Miscue
12-08-2001, 09:36 PM
That's what I was thinking too... 'Paintball' pads seem to be really crappy, as well as Sports Authority type stuff. Will try a skate shop... good idea!

Maybe pants with built in pads...

Smokee_2_7
12-08-2001, 10:04 PM
Thats' exactly what I was about to say. . . I wear hard shelled kneepads for skating. Alot of people will crack on me, 'cause I might catch an extra break on the hard shell. Funny enough, Ive never been taken out because of the hard shells. Additionally, i BRUTALIZE my knees when I play, and I woulndt be able to walk if it werent for such good pads. All was well in my sliding world until I caught a rock in the shin while sliding-- cut me up pretty bad. So, then I started making things. I bought a pair of old, used renegade pads cut off the knee protection. A little stitching here and there, and now I have fairly well protected shins, w/ super armor on my knees. Might look kinda funny to some people, but Its very comfy and I kinda like the look. here's what the finished setup looks like

Paintchucker
12-08-2001, 10:09 PM
I use a pair of softball sliding pads, which cover the knee and the shins. They do a great job and never fall down... They are Trace Brand.

$pam
12-08-2001, 11:12 PM
Hey Paintchucker, I just ordered a pair of those Trace Softball knee/shin pads. I couldn't pass up the deal (they were only $2). How do you like them?

X-Plosive
12-08-2001, 11:17 PM
redz, they are nice but a little uncomfortable at first. I don't need kneepads anymore. My field is mostly grass now.

toymyster
12-08-2001, 11:26 PM
Try the Redz pads and wear them under your pants!!! I slide all over the place and my pads do not budge!!! Also, you may want to try PJ Antron pants, they're pretty sweet, and damn near indestructible, also they have a place for knee pads sewn into them!!

rifleman
12-08-2001, 11:30 PM
Trust me on this, your want b.e. kneedpads. These are the only kneepads I ever buy. They lasted me all last summer for 15 bucks (the viynle strap broke off). They have a hard plastic shell so you can literaly jump up and land on your knees without feeling a damn thing. The hard plastic is also nice to slide into bunkers. Off the break when I slide into my bunker I go down about 6 feet in front of the bunker and I slide the rest of the way there. Any hey, there only 15 bucks.

Drew
12-09-2001, 01:31 AM
buy the redz knee/shin guards, these are hands down the best for your money, they work great and they are tough as hell, I'm not what one would call a small person, I'm hard on gear and even harder on my knees, I refuse to play with out them:D

Ninja B0Y
12-09-2001, 01:45 AM
I have the Dye Core kneedpads and they don't slip on me. It gets a little out of place after a few slides, but it doesn't slip on me, especially when I play on rough terrain.

Deadeye
12-09-2001, 07:19 AM
Redz Knee/Shinz Padz, I have used and abused them to the point where I can safely and honestly say that they IMHO, are the best.

You will not regret them...My .2cents

Russ
12-09-2001, 07:43 AM
I use the JT e-motion pads. I wear them under my pants. They don't move around, and are comfortable. I've played all season with them and they still look new. I highly recommend them.

Gambit1106
12-09-2001, 11:36 AM
I agree with the JT E-motion pads. They are very comfortable and have a slide piece built in to them so they move as you do. I haven't tried the reds but heard OK things from them too.

Darren

graycie
12-09-2001, 12:22 PM
i've had the redz knee/shin pads for about two years, i liked them for use in the woods. gave me the protection i needed from rocks,branches, small children, etc. now i use the redz knee pads that you wear under your pants, comfy and good for speedball. i used the pads under my pro series pants the other night at high velocity, let me tell ya i was a sliding freak!

dorksquad55
12-09-2001, 12:43 PM
definitley go with the redz. i have them and they don't move at all and are very comfortable and protec almost your whole leg. but like the other guys said, the hard shelled skate pads are really good. i use them when i skate at skateparks. your choice though.

ken
dorksquad55@aol.com

IceCool32
12-09-2001, 01:23 PM
Yeah, it's like most of these guys have said, skate brand kneepads, or go Redz.

Redz are more made for what you want to do in paintball. I suggest you wear them under your pants tho, they work better that way. But I guess both do the job, the skate brand are meant to take more impact, but I do like the Redz© style of knee/shin full coverage protection. or you can buy the JT pants with the built in ones.