PDA

View Full Version : Question about the PMI T.H.O.R secondary adjustable regulator?

Jason Reed
12-08-2001, 09:51 PM
Has anyone used this or had any experience with this product. I have a PMI PE 88ci 4500psi tank and wanted to convert it to an adjustable. I was wanting to know if this was a good buy or a waste of money. I love my tank, but I am going to but a retro valve and wanted the reactive trigger, so I need an adjustable tank. So I thought I could keep my tank and just add the secondary adjustable regulator.

Jason

Gunga
12-08-2001, 10:07 PM
Dunno anything about the THOR reg, but I'm running my RetroValve off of a preset PMI 68ci 4.5k psi tank. The trigger reacts just fine. :)

So, you may wanna try using your retro with your preset PMI to see how you like it before you throw down some $$ on the THOR.

Chaos
12-08-2001, 10:28 PM
i have the thor, i like it. It keeps up and there hasn't been any noticable dropoff at around 10bps. Just from my experience when I had an RT, its deffinately a good idea to go adjustable. I couldn't stand not being able to adjust the reactiveness. Not to mention that sometimes the RT decides to turn into a blender and you need to turn the pressure down.... so the THOR helps. I like mine thus far :) with a 5000psi tank lol :)

tooslow
12-08-2001, 10:34 PM
You have a very good question Jason. But, there's a big difference between a tank with an adjustable reg, and a pre-set tank with an adjustable secondary reg.

If you add a THOR (which is an excellent reg, by the way), you will actually have 3 regs in total on your gun, including the reg in the RT valve. Also, you will not be able to adjust the pressure higher than what the tank is pre-set to.

My advice would be to forget about the THOR, and save up for a tank WITH an adjustable reg or just use the pre-set. Most of the guys I know with Rt's and ReTros, including myself, are very happy with performance they get from pre-set tanks.

Hope this helps.

toymyster
12-08-2001, 11:59 PM
I'm with Tooslow on this one!! My Retro works beautifully with the preset tank!!! Save your money!!