PDA

View Full Version : Thor & 5000psi tanks

Chaos
12-08-2001, 10:16 PM
yeah, so, I had my maxflow on my purple GX3, and didn't have a good tank for my pewter cocker, Sooooo I picked up a 5000psi tank with the Thor regulator. Minireview

First off, it feels and acts a lot like an Armaggedon. The Thor attatches via a standard beavertail dropforeward, which is nice because I love the Dye drops and the rail is a nice system IMO. It comes preset to adjust between I believe 3-600psi output, with small metal spacers (cant think of the name right now, bushings or somethign of that sort). Take out one, and you can adjust it somewhere between 0-300 output, have 1 in (which is what it comes with from the factory) and its 3-600, add a 2nd and its adjustable from 600-850. Its a very similar adjustment like on the geddon, just a set screw that your turn. Disassembly and reassembly of the Thor is easy, just 4 long allen screws, it was easier than a Maxflow (main reason being, the maxflow is hard to get the cover initially on the threads because the spring pack is pushing against it so hard...). I have mine output at around 250 right now for my cocker, which is perfect, its climbing slightly right now but I think it just needs to be broken in.

As for the tank, the tank is very light, seems to be made with precision, and so far I like it. The only downer is most no-one will fill to 5000psi, but 4500 is just as good and no worries about overfilling it if they think its a 4.5k. I'm also planning on picking up a 45.45. screw in, that way I have a backup, a smaller tank, and I can pick 45 or 68 and still have my cocker setup perfectly, and still be able to use my kapp gas-through foregrip. I believe the tank is also a 5yr hydro date, which is always a plus side. As for performance wise, its on my pewter chaos series genx with uprising frame, and its kept up very nicely, even going at a very high ROF. Main benefit of this setup over the geddon, is this accepts any screw in tank, and I can also take my screwin tank and use it on any other gun :) If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Also, i'm playing tomorrow, so we'll sell how she does over the chrony. My purple GX3 with maxflow currently is at I believe +-3fps, so we'll see how the thor handles (tho it is on a slightly different setup, the main only difference is the 3-way, so it should be a pretty accurate analysis).