PDA

View Full Version : Scubas that fill to 4500 psi!

JACK
12-08-2001, 11:12 PM
Does anyone know how much these sell for? I want one!

virus
12-09-2001, 09:59 AM
i have seen these at times on ebay... they were very lage fiber wraped scuba tanks.... and usally they were being sold with out of date hydros so that was the first thing that needed to be done once someone got one... i do remember the seller saing that if it didn't pass either another tank would be shipped or money returned or somehting like that...

only thing to remember with those is to make sure that the dive shop you will be getting it filled at can fill a tank up to that pressure.....

cphilip
12-09-2001, 10:04 AM
They are like $350-400 and heavy as heck. Steel. Divers Direct has them.

Oh I do not know if a traditional PB fill station made for a traditional J valve will handle them though. And I believe they do have the european style fitting anyway. So finding a fill station for them is the trick. You need to check that out before you get too involved in this.

It would be easier to just go to a welding Supply and rent a 6000 psi tank and they do make a fill station that fits those types of tank necks. And these can be set down to 4500 or even 3000 on the output regulator side. And you will get multiple true 4500 fills this way. Most PB Fields have those if they do not have a compressor.

CFD323
12-09-2001, 10:15 AM
What kind of cost would I be looking at for a regulator for a 6000psi tank ?

I'm trying to find a regulator that I can use on a 4500psi firefighting air tank. I've got the tank but no fill station for it since all the PB fill stations only go up to 3000psi.

mitch
12-09-2001, 10:25 AM
my dad used to have 8 of them.
he used to dive for a living.
they are around 800-1000 dollars canadian.
he got them for free or else we would be poor:)
anyways if you are using it for paintball use only go with the nitro duck compressor much cooler and fun to use.
very expansive though.
get a few of your friends to in on it with you.

WickeDKlowN
12-09-2001, 10:36 AM
where can you get a nitro duck compressor?