PDA

View Full Version : Reg question

bentothejam1n
11-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Sorry for the noob question in advance but when it comes to pressure and regs me not that smart :rolleyes:
I was just wandering what would be the best reg would be for my incoming tac-one. I want something consistant and is there anyway to make it operate at a lower psi?? Correct any of my noobness in the post

Hexis
11-10-2005, 12:24 PM
None. Mags have a reg as part of the valve. Adding a second one offers nothing.

warbeak2099
11-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Adding a 2ndry reg on your tac-one will cause the valve to be starved for air. There is no effective way to lower the operating pressure of a mag. When it comes to consistancy, an RT style valve is more consistant than most anything else. Spend your money on other things. Forget about regs.

Hexis
11-10-2005, 03:38 PM
an RT style valve is more consistant than most anything else..

Other than that statement you are correct. The RT/X Valve is very very fast, it is not very consistant in comparison to some other designs.

bentothejam1n
11-10-2005, 04:32 PM
k thanks a lot guys

warbeak2099
11-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Other than that statement you are correct. The RT/X Valve is very very fast, it is not very consistant in comparison to some other designs.

34-35bps w/o shootdown? Geez, show me another reg/valve that can handle that. Zman proved it with a 3000psi scuba hooked into his RTP. That's pretty consistant in my book. The 26bps w/o shootdown claim by AGD is a gross understatement.

FSU_Paintball
11-10-2005, 05:12 PM
That's recharge, not consistency in the way people in the paintball industry use the word. There's no dropoff and it has a fantastic recharge rate, but it's consistency leaves a bit to be desired.

In terms of consistency, we're talking about shot-to-shot FPS differences. And many regs are more consistent than anything AGD has put out in that respect.

SpitFire1299
11-10-2005, 11:00 PM
That's recharge, not consistency in the way people in the paintball industry use the word. There's no dropoff and it has a fantastic recharge rate, but it's consistency leaves a bit to be desired.

In terms of consistency, we're talking about shot-to-shot FPS differences. And many regs are more consistent than anything AGD has put out in that respect.
I have to agree with you. Although xvalves do have the "regulator on the valve", there still are tons of regulators that can make it even better. I dont care for a regulator though, because im already shooting accurate ropes. :D

UTDragun
11-10-2005, 11:25 PM
I have to agree with you. Although xvalves do have the "regulator on the valve", there still are tons of regulators that can make it even better. I dont care for a regulator though, because im already shooting accurate ropes. :D
Correct me if im wrong, but adding a second reg would only be a bottle neck. the reg is built in so unless you changed the design of the gun to have a "better" reg, it would have to be "downstream" of the built in reg.

My point is adding a reg before the built in reg does nothing.

neppo1345
11-10-2005, 11:31 PM
theoretically, adding a reg in front of the reg already in the valve would do absolutely nothing IF AND ONLY IF the flow rate of the first inline reg is higher than the flow rate of the regulator built into the valve...

But it's a waste of money...simply because of that fact...

UTDragun
11-11-2005, 06:55 AM
theoretically, adding a reg in front of the reg already in the valve would do absolutely nothing IF AND ONLY IF the flow rate of the first inline reg is higher than the flow rate of the regulator built into the valve...

But it's a waste of money...simply because of that fact...
thats what I said