PDA

View Full Version : problem with classic valve

Lance
11-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Ugh, finally get my tank hydro'd, filled, balls ready. I replaced the o -rings and spring with the parts kit, and now the thing won't work. I freaking re-installed everything the way it came out, even looked at the diagram to be sure. Problem is, though it gasses up, trigger mechanism pops up, I press it and nothing happens. It even sometimes works on the first squeeze after gassing up but very weakly, then nada. Press, nothing. Thoughts?

Arstron
11-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Sounds stupid I know, but I spent an hour the other day working on my valve and it ended up being that I had the velocity turned to far down.. If you did check that, did you replace the orings inside the back half of the valve? Unscrewing the velocity adjuster completly and replacing all the orings in there?

Scott Hudnall
11-10-2005, 04:38 PM
might want to check the sear's trigger rod length to make sure it's in spec.

egb groupie
11-10-2005, 05:14 PM
I have experienced that problem, but mine was with an on/off ASA that I wasn't screwing in far enough when gassing it up. It was rather stiff, I just had to give it an extra couple of turns. If you have an on/off ASA be sure of this area as well.

Lance
11-10-2005, 06:30 PM
thanks guys, I fixed it. It's been too long since I used my mag, so I forget its nuances.