PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh Helllllya! got my 06 proto yesterday...pics

yakitori
11-10-2005, 04:42 PM
It finally came. Got it from pbgear.com and they shipped next day. Great. came in 4 days.

Last night opened the package to my suprise to see a tiny little PM6 Matrix box inside. And when I say tiny, I mean tiny. This box was about 12" long, by 14" side, if that. Prolly closer to 1 ft x 1 ft by about 2.5-3 inches in depth. I know for a fact my DM4 couldnt fit in that box. Lets put it that way.

Anway, opened up my matrix box, and there it was. :eek: OMG, this thing is amazingly good looking. Very nice milling, great ano, love the color. Its a black to red fade. The red is a dark blood red...almost burgundy. Very pretty. Matches my backplate and red mamba stiffi nicely.

The gun itself is very light. Id say it is about as light as an Ion I have w/ a stiffi, and sidewinder on it (which is lighter than stock btw). Very light compared to the other trixes Ive held and owned.

So, I turned it on, aired it up and dry fired it some. Great. Shoots like a trix, but a lot more comfortable. It feels real nice in my hands. Probably the most comfortable gun Ive held to this date.

w/o hesitation, I slapped my CP trigger in it.

I am also happy cause my Cheetah board came yesterday as well. Its like christmas in november.

Anyway, I have more pics I havent uploaded yet, but here is one comparing it to the DM4 that I have (eh ehm for sale)

Pics.
EDIT: more pics
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0525.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0526.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0529.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0528.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0527.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0531.jpg

oneworld
11-10-2005, 04:45 PM
i like it. just dont like the looks of protos... more pics are a must!! :D
i bet thats pretty fast. get a vid and more pics!!!

Maggot6
11-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I nearly like that matrix! I usually despise of the milling. The anno is great ;)

yakitori
11-10-2005, 04:57 PM
pics do no justice. It looks a lot better in person.

White_Noise
11-10-2005, 06:55 PM
looks great....cant wait for mine to come in tomorrow!!!!
hopefully i can get some pics of me shooting it by monday(tourney on saturday)
mine is gonna have a UL frame on it too.

i want mine now!!!

etjoyride
11-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Beautiful, can't wait to see it sun. :D
If i can make it, might have some trouble with transportation :cry:

mobsterboy
11-10-2005, 06:58 PM
i have nothing to say...
:cheers:

BD_Paintball
11-10-2005, 07:36 PM
hotness. :clap: :headbang:

tyrion2323
11-10-2005, 08:09 PM
never likes the DMs or PMs, but the 06 Protos are gorgeous...

GORGEOUS, I SAY!

yakitori
11-10-2005, 08:15 PM
i have nothing to say...
:cheers:

I think thats the nicest thing youve ever said to me. :D

68magOwner
11-10-2005, 08:38 PM
....i get them for $600 *runs*

yakitori
11-10-2005, 08:46 PM
lucky you. I dont work at or own a field or get wholesale. I dont really care what you can get them for. They are worth the money IMO. ;)

mobsterboy
11-10-2005, 09:19 PM
well yak, ive decided to be constructive, rather than destructive. And 2 weeks without internet can take a toll on your meanside

My personal thoughts on the new PM6, Smaller, I like the fact that its not a huge impulse looking thing anymore and the milling isnt too bad this time around.
I do like the fact that you are true to the AKA factors. Sidewinders are freaking awesome.

Yak, if its what you like, great choice

can'tthink of1
11-10-2005, 09:47 PM
I'd wish they'd get rid of the composite eye covers, it gives a cheap look to protos. Also, you say it feels better, but minus the weight the frame/asa of the PM6 look just like the dm4. Whatever though, it might be the balance thing, which would be about the same as a PM5, but once again, whatever. I'm just having a hard time seeing where this thing feels so much better than everything else.. :D

Looks nice though. I'm wanting to see a PM6 with the UL frame.

68magOwner
11-10-2005, 11:29 PM
there are a few PM6's with UL frames posted on PBN, go check it out

yakitori
11-10-2005, 11:34 PM
The UL frame looks great, but its not necessary. The stock grip frame is pretty light already. If they wouldve milled all the way through the frame instead of leaving the right side, it would be even lighter.

Anyway, the feel is a personal preference thing. To me its just a lot more comfortable. Moreso than the 05s IMO. All the ones Ive held and shot anyway.

I actually like the eye covers. Theres nothing to strip and nothing to scratch when accessing the eyes, and if it breaks, its cheap to replace.

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

:D

lather
11-11-2005, 02:02 AM
Nice Proto.

I got a cobalt 06 a few days ago, the 06 feels so much more compact and lighter than my 05 Proto. Gonna install lucky bolt kit and see if there is any performance gains with it over the weekend, and compare it to my 06 Gat. About the only thing I dont like is the gap between the gripframe and the body is rather large. Other than that it shoots/feels great.

WARPED1
11-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Very nice yak. I may sell my 04 Shocker when it gets here so I can buy one.(I'm such a gun whore.....)

nt2004
11-11-2005, 03:16 PM
ha thats funny, it is sitting in the 05 proto's foam package cutout. Look closely, it really shows the size difference

yakitori
11-11-2005, 05:13 PM
ha thats funny, it is sitting in the 05 proto's foam package cutout. Look closely, it really shows the size difference

lol, never noticed that. It is A LOT smaller than the 05 then. yay.

I know its comfy and light as a mofo. I love it. taken it for a ride this sunday. ;)

oneworld
11-11-2005, 05:24 PM
that barrel just ruins every gun you put it on :tard:

i thnk a stock one would look better. :confused:

yakitori
11-11-2005, 05:31 PM
why do you dislike the red mamba switch? Its great. I love the barrel. I see hardly anyone w/ a red/black carbon fiber barrel kit. It shoots straight and looks are opinion. ;)

White_Noise
11-11-2005, 06:19 PM
....i get them for $600 *runs*

shens....i know dealer price is more than that.

sadly just got some bad news on my proto...UPS lost 2 of the boxes for my team, the only thing that made it was one guy's navigator. so hopefully someone didnt boost them, and we get them monday.

doober
11-11-2005, 06:29 PM
yakity yak

wtf u should die for having everything awsome

68magOwner
11-11-2005, 10:27 PM
shens....i know dealer price is more than that.

i also am aware that dealer price is more than that

yakitori
11-11-2005, 11:52 PM
If I could get one for 600, Id buy 4, sell the other 3 for 800 and keep the fourth free for myself.

:D

mobsterboy
11-13-2005, 04:49 PM
/murmors...got four of your mom for 600/end murmors

im gonna laugh when the guns get so small that you could almost crush them and in comparision to a halo and a tank, they look almost too odd

-Tab
11-13-2005, 06:14 PM
So, who else thinks protos are absolutely hideous??

p8ntball365
11-13-2005, 06:33 PM

The eye cover is the only thing bugging me. Other than that I think they look awesome.

dahoeb
11-13-2005, 07:07 PM
whew, thats hot, yakitori. very nice.

yakitori
11-13-2005, 10:40 PM

useless post number 1. *(that I know of anyway) :p

Took the gun out today and loved it. SHoots awesome. Once it got broke in a little it was more consistent, and smoother and quieter cause I could lower my LPR more. I chronod at 270fps at first and after a few games it had spiked to 300fps I suppose from getting broken in and orings seated good etc, and I welted my friend pretty good. I felt bad about it.

Anyone that buys a new spoolvalve should be aware that if its NIB, rechrono after a game or two just to make sure your not hot. Sorry pat. ;)

the eye covers are actually fine. They are strong and they have foam on the inside to pad the yes and detents incase of impact I suppose. Never knew that till today when it got its first cleaning and oil massage. oooooohhhh, ahhhhhhh......it moaned for more. :D

mobsterboy
11-13-2005, 10:44 PM
i lost all respect for you when you just said your paintball gun, no thats too simple, your Dye PM6(pms, heh heh, I just said pms) is now your new idea of a lubrication destination. You sicken me.
/Admits that my 01 Predatored Dark angel often sleeps next to me in my bed
//Also admits that the HyperTyrant(hyperframed xvalved mag) will have a spot there too, rotating nights

yakitori
11-13-2005, 10:52 PM
i lost all respect for you when you just said your paintball gun, no thats too simple, your Dye PM6(pms, heh heh, I just said pms) is now your new idea of a lubrication destination. You sicken me.
/Admits that my 01 Predatored Dark angel often sleeps next to me in my bed
//Also admits that the HyperTyrant(hyperframed xvalved mag) will have a spot there too, rotating nights

lol...I massage gun oil in ALL my anos. Well, only the dust ones. Gloss ones, I just spit shined. J/k.

I have yet to sleep w/ any of my guns because they all have stiffis, and that would be ghay. :p

atm743
11-13-2005, 10:59 PM
DAMMMMNN

i must say that the color and milling is hot

how dose it shoot??

I never liked how the old protos looked but i must say the 06's look really nice

yakitori
11-13-2005, 11:06 PM
here is my full review. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1266402

shoots amazing. Love it. Will be better when an orange bolt comes out for it. Damn 06s. Thats my only complaint is having to wait for ups to come out. j/k.

After a short break in period today I tuned it better and it shot A LOT smoother. Very quiet, very accurate, very low kick......classic trix operation. Well......if its properly tuned anyway. ;)

thanks guys.

mobsterboy
11-13-2005, 11:07 PM
lol...I massage gun oil in ALL my anos. Well, only the dust ones. Gloss ones, I just spit shined. J/k.

I have yet to sleep w/ any of my guns because they all have stiffis, and that would be ghay. :p

well, my angel has a 16 inch boomy that came with it, but i usually leave that in my workshop for when the girls come around...so they can look at it of course :D

yakitori
11-13-2005, 11:10 PM
mines only 14" *jealous* :(

mobsterboy
11-13-2005, 11:36 PM
its pretty much the spawn of satan tho, I hate long barrels, give me a 14 inch aluminum back freak and i'll be good. I like how they run cuz I only use the gold insert and its just like the old days, works everytime and no need to guess the bore size, being that we mostly use larger bored paint. On a mag is another story. Freaking hilarious to see a 16 inch anything on a mag