PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket EMAG parts???

harpo568
11-10-2005, 05:35 PM
(this is the 3rd time today i've tried to post this and due to problems with my ISP and computer the last 2 have failed...each time it gets shorter...)

I've had my PTP Micro EMag for a little over a year but due to being busy with the field I manage, a recurring knee injury and dealing with 2 teenage daughters in the house I haven't done anything to it yet besides shoot it...
I'm planning on spending some time upgrading it but haven't really seen a lot available so far. heres what i'm wanting to know about (not in any certain order):

1. grips:
What grips if any are available besides the stock ones? I've seen a couple of pics of emags whit some sort of aftermarket grips but didn't know where they came from.

2.triggers and frames:
Besides the Tunablade and Fireblade are there any other triggers available?how about frames?

3. Firmware and boards:
I'm going to have my stock board flashed shortly from 1.37 to 3.2(?)(best version or is there something better???)...to get me by until TAG(???) gets the new board I've been reading about the past few days comes out...if they haven't all been presold. Are there any other boards available that are drop in...I'm not too keen on buying a DIY kit for $150.00 and risking burning it out before I ever get it finished.
anyone know if there would be a problem installing the eye(s) for the ACE in a PTP body??I can make my own eye cover without any problem...

4. Batteries:
Does anyone make a rechargable Li ion battery pack??? also is there a battery relocation kit available??? (I've been thinking about relocating the battery pack and mounting it on the tank or somewhere)

5 what else is out there?
I'm not interested in changing bodies.It came with the LVL 10 (minust the extra parts in the kit).I don't mind the SS EMAG valve so I'm not looking into getting an XMAG valve...

I'm working on making a few parts of my own in my spare time at the field...with the limited tools I have (dremmel,a beat up drill press,a hand me down bandsaw and one of the first scroll saws that were sold by sears). Right now I'm working on 3 different sets of grips. I'm using clear polycarbonate to start with... later I may try doing some plastic cast pieces.
tonight I'll probably start on prototyping a trigger out of polycarbonate or polystyrene and make my finished product out of Delrin/UHMW/Teflon sheet or something similar.

A side note having nothing to do with my Mag... I'm also working on a 350 round HALO... HEY!!! I'm a back player...and happen to have a couple of sets of broken/damaged HALO shells, access to cheap plastics and some free time...

anyway thanks for the info and taking the time to help out...
yes i have done searches but haven't found much.
Please excuse any typos..

temilotzin
11-10-2005, 06:19 PM
1. LUKE and some others make nice grips and can be found in the dealer section.
2. As far as I know Tuna and Fireblade are it.
3. 3.2 is the most recent official version. There were a couple 4.#’s that got tested but were never made official. As far as I know TAG is the only one working on a new board for the e-mag.
4. Not sure
5. Not much

harpo568
11-11-2005, 04:00 PM
thanks temilotzin...that gets me started.