PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Lowers and Micromag Body.

Loguzzzzzz
11-10-2005, 06:19 PM
I have a set of e-mag lowers and I was thinking about putting a Micromag body that I have just laying around on them. They do not look like they will work.

The first thing I noticed is that the sear axle on the lowers is a smaller diameter then the axle in the Micromag body.

The second thing I noticed is that the front end of the body appears to not extend to the end of the lowers.

My main question, is the Mirco emag body different then the Micro mag body.

My next question, can they be made to work together or is it not worth the trouble.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

gx3man
02-04-2006, 11:12 AM
I would be curious to know the answer to this as well, since I have a micromag and would like to make it electro if possible. Also, if the e-mag lowers can be made to work, do I need a different valve than the Retro Valve that is on the micro now? Thanks.

athomas
02-06-2006, 09:12 PM
In order to use emag lowers on a micromag body, you need a few parts.

1. micro-emag sear
2. micro-emag body spacer
3. micro-emag on-off pin

With these parts, the emag lowers will bolt onto the micromag body and function just fine.

Aslan
02-20-2006, 10:08 PM
I've heard that you can put E-Mag lowers on a Minimag or Classic Mag. Is that true? Do you need any special parts? What kind've advantages do you get? Do you have to use an X-valve or can you stick with the classic valce?

craltal
02-20-2006, 11:37 PM
In order to use emag lowers on a micromag body, you need a few parts.

1. micro-emag sear
2. micro-emag body spacer
3. micro-emag on-off pin

With these parts, the emag lowers will bolt onto the micromag body and function just fine.

contact Tunaman or Pro Team, they should have the parts you need.

athomas
02-21-2006, 07:36 AM
I've heard that you can put E-Mag lowers on a Minimag or Classic Mag. Is that true? Do you need any special parts? What kind've advantages do you get? Do you have to use an X-valve or can you stick with the classic valce?

It can and has been done. You can use the classic valve. You do need an emag on-off assembly for it function. You also need a micro-emag sear to work in the classic rail because the regular emag sear only fits the rt/emag rails.