PDA

View Full Version : E-Max lvl 10 still chops

jaron_denson
11-13-2005, 10:02 PM
I have just purchused a E-max valve for my e-mag off of ebay from somebody who apparently claims was tuned by tunaman from agd. The # is EM01993 so if tunaman is looking at this he will know. But anyways the gun chops paint all the time. I use a Halo B z, it is the stock metal body, and has 1.37 programing. I run 750psi out of the regulator and seems to be in the right range of speed. Why is my gus still chopping? I am also using the weakest spring. Any help would be nice, thanks a lot...

onedude36
11-13-2005, 10:05 PM
what kind of paint? what kind of barrel? could it be barrel breaks? try some better paint or bigger barrel. kthxbye

11 Bravo
11-13-2005, 10:11 PM
I cant imagine having a chopping problem when using a Halo and level 10. Its probably barrel breaks. If not try the meduim spring.

jaron_denson
11-13-2005, 10:59 PM
I use a freak barrel set with the .682 sleve and marbalizer paint, it still chops really often also i used the medium spring and the paintballs were all over the place, indicating to me that the velocity was too high.

athomas
11-13-2005, 11:21 PM
I use a freak barrel set with the .682 sleve and marbalizer paint, it still chops really often also i used the medium spring and the paintballs were all over the place, indicating to me that the velocity was too high.

Using a .682 insert will have quite an effect on the accuracy of most paint when the velocity gets up to a usable range. Most paint is larger than that. Using such a small bore will also cause barrel breaks unless you are using really small paint. Most people I know are using bores larger than .690. I personally use a .693 or a .696 for almost all paint.

jaron_denson
11-13-2005, 11:50 PM
By closer inspection i believe the problem might be is that the level 10 is to rough with the paint. When i did the electrical tape on the paintball trick and try and make it chop it just ends up cracking it like an egg in the breach, how do i fix this?

Carbon Blue
11-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Tunaman is a very active member on this board, I should know i buy all my parts from him :D

Lvl10 needs some tuning every now and then so go to the biggest carrier that will not leak or the smallest carrier before you get bolt stick.Try starting off with the longest spring as that will help make the bolt softer on the paint and by having a smaller carrier slows the bolt down. But the again remeber you do not want bolt stick and you dont want too loose of a carrier. The ideal setup is to have the shortest spring on there and the biggest carrier that will not leak.