PDA

View Full Version : An Idea for the classifieds fourm...

rifleman
12-09-2001, 10:17 AM
I've noticed it's getting to the point where it's getting really tough to sort through all those ads. Could we have a fourm within a fourm?
Like:
Guns
Accessories
Misc.
Air Tanks
Barrels
Hopper systems

How 'bout it?

Adam

nutz
12-09-2001, 11:04 AM
great idea... lets see what mods will do!?!?

WickeDKlowN
12-09-2001, 11:07 AM
great idea, hope the mods like it

cphilip
12-09-2001, 02:12 PM
Well I dunno. You know if people would just follow a simple format on their own we wouldn't need to do anything. Like proper titles such as *Marker For sale - Emag* or maybe *Parts for sale - Mag* or *Parts for Sale - Cocker* etc. Always start with the specific thing and then the search feature could be used to search the title and that would sort them out for you. Example: Search for "Marker emag" or "Parts cocker" or "Sale trade". You get the idea? Anyway we could work on the set types and try to make them kind of like "Rules" and sticky that up top? I would have to work something up with your input and talk to Webby about it too. But...I kinda have to look at them all anyway so I like them all to be in cronological order and not by specifics. So I would like to see some more input first as to what is most popular. Anyone else got some input that uses the Classifieds a lot?

nutz
12-09-2001, 02:51 PM
maybe a like form with stuff for sale.. kind of like pbcity

pharcyde
12-09-2001, 02:58 PM
i think everyone should format their titles like this:
For Sale - item
For Trade - item for item
Wanted - item
Inquiry - item
and you can have a sticky post on top saying to use the porper format or else will be deleted. this is the same format used in a canadian airsoft board and it work well.

Webmaster
12-09-2001, 03:35 PM
I was honestly thinking separting it out into thier own forums simply because there are so many classifieds we get.

I will get with Tom and see what he thinks. If he gives it the OK I planned on separating out guns/tanks/barrels/etc
probably like what pbnation or some of the others do...

rifleman
12-09-2001, 03:51 PM
Yay!!!
Organization on it's way baby!