PDA

View Full Version : Reliability of Vikings

-Tab
11-13-2005, 10:42 PM
I plan on getting back into the sport this summer, but haven't even come close to deciding what I'll be shooting.

I'm leaning towards an EGO or a DM5 with a Dm4 for a backup - possibly 2 Dm4's (Nobody realizes the crappy luck with guns I have on tourney days)

But, just recently, I started looking at vikings.

The owner of the nearest paintball shop and captain of an incredible team tells me that they're good guns....when they work; which, he said, is a rare occasion.

So, I ask you, current and previous viking owners, are they as unreliable as he says?
What good or bad things can you say about these guns?
If they are great guns, which viking would you recommend?

mobsterboy
11-13-2005, 10:46 PM
keep them clean and well lubed and they will not let you down. Also, its a sin not to use a sidewinder on a viking

yakitori
11-13-2005, 10:47 PM
they are reliable. About like an angel I suppose. I think they are more reliable than an angel though. Keep it oiled and it will sing for you every time. Ive only had one leak that I fixed myself in about 5-10 minutes. It was a small leak, but my ram oring started leaking. Had to take the ram apart. You will also need a toolkit separately.

They are okay guns I guess, although they arent bulletproof. Why not get something smaller and lighter though. Vikings arent getting any younger. ;)

Get a cyborg or something, since you think protos are hideous. :rolleyes: :p

-Tab
11-13-2005, 11:17 PM
they are reliable. About like an angel I suppose. I think they are more reliable than an angel though. Keep it oiled and it will sing for you every time. Ive only had one leak that I fixed myself in about 5-10 minutes. It was a small leak, but my ram oring started leaking. Had to take the ram apart. You will also need a toolkit separately.

They are okay guns I guess, although they arent bulletproof. Why not get something smaller and lighter though. Vikings arent getting any younger. ;)

Get a cyborg or something, since you think protos are hideous. :rolleyes: :p

Thanks to both.

If I did end up with a viking, it would probably be a back-up.

But, uhhh....'06 Protos aren't as hideous :p

atm743
11-14-2005, 12:19 AM
dude all i can say is

GO OUT AND BUY A VIKING NOW

they get a case of paint off a 68 4500 tank

never had a problem with mine.

if you get a viking GET TADAO if you can find it :D

only downfall that you may come by with a viking is how they are a bit heavy. really to me they are light but if your the guy that has to have a gun weight like a ego then you wont like a viking.

CoolHand
11-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Well, I've owned just about every high end marker to come along in the last four or five years.

Had a Proto, had a DM4, an Alias, a 2k2 Timmy, three (3) Ebladed cockers, an '03 Viking, had a GenE Matrix, Shocker SFT, Nerve, Impulse, etc, etc, etc, etc, and so on and so forth.

The only one that is left now?

That '03 Viking HalfMill.

It's a little heavier than other markers, but the milled versions are pretty damned light (the equal of any other marker out there right now).

They are hella efficient (which may or may not make you any difference).

They are so smooth. Fast and basically zero barrel rise, though not as limp feeling as a spooler.

Basically bullet proof.

In the two years I've had mine, I've literally only put lube down the ASA and checked the LPR pressure on ocassion (just to be sure). It has never let me down, not once.

At the last tournament I was at, I had a guy with an Ego put his marker down and cream his sliders when I let him shoot it.

They just feel solid. They are very well built.

And even though AKA the company has gone to hell, there is a large enough dealer's network to keep your marker singing for many years to come.

PLUS, with the way resale has been going, you can pick one up for about $550.

Now THAT is value.

FSU_Paintball
11-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Vikings are heralded for their reliability, among other things. They are rock solid, super efficient, super fast, and super consistent. In fact, the only thing wrong with them is they're kinda big and heavy.

rkjunior303
11-14-2005, 09:12 AM
HA!

"when they work"

That honestly made me chuckle out loud. Vikings almost #1 selling point was the reliabilty, next to the efficiency... A stock 04 is a great deal right now.. Milled, they are as light as everything.

Check out the AKA forum @ PBN or www.akaowners.org, you'll find lots of information over there.

GT
11-14-2005, 10:26 AM
The owner of the nearest paintball shop and captain of an incredible team tells me that they're good guns....when they work; which, he said, is a rare occasion.

Your bud is completly clueless. Vikings are one of the best electros on the palnet.

SCpoloRicker
11-14-2005, 11:20 AM

O RLY?

/which team?

dahoeb
11-14-2005, 12:17 PM
O RLY?

/which team?

the incredible one.....jk

i used to own a viking. even to this day, its probably my favorite electro, very straight to the point. as far as reliability goes, rock solid.

Steelrat
11-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Pros of the viking
-VERY reliable. I've owned 7 vikings and 5 excals, the viking's big brother, and I only had one problem, related to a new detent design. None of them ever went down on me, ever.
-FAST. As fast as anything out there with the right board and settings. Theres a video of a stock 04 viking I had doing 31 bps (yes, bps) with no noticeable shootdown.
-SOLID. They are built like tanks. Seriously.
-EFFICIENT. Try around 2000 shots off a 68/4500.
-CHEAP. You can get amazing deals on vikings now. I've seen beautiful 04 customs going for under $900, thats just amazing.

Cons
-Can be heavy in stock 03 versions. Stock 04s are lighter, and custom milled ones can be very light, around 2 lbs for some of them.
-AKA is going through a bit of turmoil, but there still seems to be great support in the service network
-Must use a toolkit to work on it, and you must use AKA lube or a high-quality synthetic.

Overall, the guy who mentioned they go down a lot doens't know what he is talking about. The vikings and excals are the proverbial "take it out of the bag and play" kind of guns. Mine were so reliable they made mags look downright tempermental.

As for a recommendation, I'd say an 04 featherlight, DC, or streamline with a tadao board.

MicroMiniMe
11-14-2005, 02:34 PM
/Enter all the AKA fanbois

Both my Vikings and Excalibur were/are never a problem. The only thing thats fussy on them is you absolutely need a fresh stockpile of 9V batteries. If anything ever develops, put in a new battery. And just to make sure, you try a different batch for a new battery if the first doesn't solve it.
Part of the reason Vikings are so reliable is its cartridge based design. It makes it difficult to tinker with without the special toolkit. So the reliability reputation comes from well made markers with good tolerances and diminished user created error. Just dont adjust the LPR on them like other markers.
They are solid feeling shooters, and the milled ones can be downright light and still have the solid feel. The trigger setup and settings stock you'll probably want to change up a bit, but otherwise there isn't much to get for upgrades. The most popular has been going from an unmilled stock to a milled custom/aftermarker voyage.

/Enter Magman007 and the Matrix pitch
;)

68magOwner
11-14-2005, 02:47 PM
meh, ive had mine for roughly a year, no leaks, no nothing, ever, Had it go down once, and, really, i was still able to play, just ripped up an eye wire out of the connector when i took the frame off, so, no eyes for the rest of the day. All i do is drop some oil in the asa and dryfire ~20 times every other time i play, other than that, i broke down the marker and cleaned up all the regs/orings once, ever, and it probably didnt even need that. Overall, thing has been rock solid, and my favorite marker to date.

Spartan X
11-14-2005, 05:12 PM
meh, ive had mine for roughly a year, no leaks, no nothing, ever, Had it go down once, and, really, i was still able to play, just ripped up an eye wire out of the connector when i took the frame off, so, no eyes for the rest of the day. All i do is drop some oil in the asa and dryfire ~20 times every other time i play, other than that, i broke down the marker and cleaned up all the regs/orings once, ever, and it probably didnt even need that. Overall, thing has been rock solid, and my favorite marker to date.

And the Custom ones can be really beautiful and light....

http://www.flagpull.com/free/PICT0015.JPG

http://www.flagpull.com/free/PICT0019.JPG

Steelrat
11-14-2005, 05:41 PM
And the Custom ones can be really beautiful and light....

http://www.flagpull.com/free/PICT0015.JPG

http://www.flagpull.com/free/PICT0019.JPG

I bet you couldn't wait to get back so you could start posting that thing again :D

PERFECT example of a way to refute the "vikings are heavy" mantra. That marker weighs less than almost any other marker out there.

Pha|anx
11-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Websters dictionary definition...

Vi.king \'vikin\ n [ON vikingr] 1 a: durable, consistent, effiecent

rkjunior303
11-14-2005, 06:02 PM
I still don't know how you shoot it with that damn trigger.... it's such a hard pull.

craltal
11-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Vikings are heavy if you are used to carrying a pump gun or stock class. They might be a tad heavier than a freestyle or dm, but it's not like your trying to carry around a shocker 4x4...

they are great guns and I'm trying to figure out how to get another.

A Tadao board will make them scary...

yakitori
11-14-2005, 06:12 PM
that is the sexiest viking EVER, but how much did you spend on it? I bet when its all said and done, it ended up costing you over 2 grand. Milling, ano, original purchase of the gun, etc.

I dont know if I would go that far. I love it though.

Hey spartan, how much did that thing weigh?

68magOwner
11-14-2005, 06:54 PM
A Tadao board will make them scary...

yup, if ya get one, try and snag tadao, espicially if you play with psp shooting rules. For semi, didnt have a problem with my pandora, but, the PSP mode on tadao is MUCH better, not to mention, my marker now has 2 led's and enough colors/flashing combinations to have a dance rave to.

etjoyride
11-14-2005, 06:55 PM
God i love that gun spartan.....light, reliable, good looking, efficient, fast what else do you need :D

WenULiVeUdiE
11-14-2005, 07:58 PM
PLUS, with the way resale has been going, you can pick one up for about $550.

Now THAT is value.

I just picked up an 04 with Tadao for $425. Not bad, ehh? ;)

CoolHand
11-14-2005, 08:27 PM
I just picked up an 04 with Tadao for $425. Not bad, ehh? ;)

Bastardo! :D

If I ever run across an '03 unmilled with eyes and covers for less than $450 I am jumping all over it.

I've got an idea for a milling pattern, AND I just bogarted some sweet *** CAM software, so I'm thinking real hard about doing a one off Viking just for me.

May never get to it, but it's something to do, you know, in my "free time". :tard:

madmolly
11-14-2005, 08:53 PM
I have a half milled black one with Predator 2 board for 550.00 sorry for whoring but this seems like a good place to offer up.

doc_Zox
11-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Tadao fun:
http://www.marionmark.org/uploads/video/DBDfaViking.mov
waveform counting says 14bps

:D

-Tab
11-14-2005, 11:14 PM
The guy I talked to said that he had some people that would play at his field. They both owned vikings and he said they were always taking it apart and tinkering with it in some way.

So, after reading all this, I'm assuming it's user error.

I'm not saying the viking is going to be a perfect gun, but it sounds like they have a lot more potential than the field owner stated.

Thanks guys!

paint magnet
11-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Vikings = bulletproof.

I seem to manage to screw up just about every gun I've ever owned (which is around 30). One of the only guns that never gave me trouble was the Viking, and it was also one of the easiest to maintain. AKA also has great customer service to boot (not like you'd ever need it though).

Don't be surprised if you start playing with that "backup" even when your main gun is working :cool:

CoolHand
11-14-2005, 11:44 PM
I have a half milled black one with Predator 2 board for 550.00 sorry for whoring but this seems like a good place to offer up.

Hit me with pics and we can talk.

Best take it PM's though.

I've got a halfmill right now (Burgundy Thunder! :shooting: :ninja: :headbang: :rofl: ), so I'm really looking for an unmilled '03.

yakitori
11-15-2005, 12:22 AM
viking seem to curve balls downward. I noticed it more w/ my viking than any other gun. Others have said the same. They are consistently curving though, but you just have to compensate for it. Some can also have creeping issues w/ the LPR, so its best to have a tool kit handy instead of sending it to someone. AKA cust. serv. isnt THAT great. Esp. since Dan is gone. AKA went kinda downhill after Dan got fired. They still honor warranty, but expect about a week turnaround in some cases, and shipping both ways. Solenoid, and board are not covered under warranty. Anything else, you can fix yourself if youre handy enough. They arent difficult.

Hype hype hype.

Honestly they are efficient, fairly low kick (although noticable), low maintainance, fast, reliable, heavy (unless you want to spend 400+ for milling/ano), consistent, but they arent BULLETPROOF. PPl still have probs w/ them. FSDO unless you have new software w/ WAS then you get first shot hot cause you cannot regulate first shot dwell. Tadao fixed this w/ ABS dwell. Good luck finding Tadao again. Last I heard will isnt making them anymore. Some 04 vikings have chopping probs cause of the detents. They are dual same side. They tried to alleviate it by offering Quad detents. Have fun tuning them. You can also use an oring behind your ram bumper to make your bolt stick out further forward to keep balls from rolling back and getting partially fed and chopping w/ the eyes on.

That about it. Every gun has positives and negatives. You can believe the hype or you can believe the truth. Ppl need to stop acting like vikings are the end all of paintball guns. Vikings are getting kinda outdated. Spartans is nice no doubt, so is rkjuniors, but those are pimped out vikings, not unmilled ones.

Steelrat
11-15-2005, 12:45 AM
viking seem to curve balls downward. I noticed it more w/ my viking than any other gun. Others have said the same. They are consistently curving though, but you just have to compensate for it. Some can also have creeping issues w/ the LPR, so its best to have a tool kit handy instead of sending it to someone. AKA cust. serv. isnt THAT great. Esp. since Dan is gone. AKA went kinda downhill after Dan got fired. They still honor warranty, but expect about a week turnaround in some cases, and shipping both ways. Solenoid, and board are not covered under warranty. Anything else, you can fix yourself if youre handy enough. They arent difficult.

Hype hype hype.

Honestly they are efficient, fairly low kick (although noticable), low maintainance, fast, reliable, heavy (unless you want to spend 400+ for milling/ano), consistent, but they arent BULLETPROOF. PPl still have probs w/ them. FSDO unless you have new software w/ WAS then you get first shot hot cause you cannot regulate first shot dwell. Tadao fixed this w/ ABS dwell. Good luck finding Tadao again. Last I heard will isnt making them anymore. Some 04 vikings have chopping probs cause of the detents. They are dual same side. They tried to alleviate it by offering Quad detents. Have fun tuning them. You can also use an oring behind your ram bumper to make your bolt stick out further forward to keep balls from rolling back and getting partially fed and chopping w/ the eyes on.

That about it. Every gun has positives and negatives. You can believe the hype or you can believe the truth. Ppl need to stop acting like vikings are the end all of paintball guns. Vikings are getting kinda outdated. Spartans is nice no doubt, so is rkjuniors, but those are pimped out vikings, not unmilled ones.

Thanks, but I can speak for myself. You may not like vikings that much anymore, but I have nothing but positive memories of them. The only issue I ever had was that detent one, which I was able to solve. Have fun with your matricies.

Steelrat
11-15-2005, 12:50 AM
That being said, I prefer excals to vikings. Really apples and oranges, but if you want to try a viking, might as well try an excal too.

SCpoloRicker
11-15-2005, 12:56 AM
I have absolutley no idea which opinion is more valid!

yakitori
11-15-2005, 01:04 AM
who said I dont like vikings much anymore? You pulled that one outta your arse. I just said that was some of the other side of vikings that nobody discusses. No matter what I shoot now, so what, doesnt change the facts. Im just being honest.

So, comparing your excal to your viking, does the viking seem to curve balls down? Truthfully

Was detents not an issue for other ppl besides yourself? honestly

Has FSDO w/ previous firmware of WAS been an issue? the truth please.

Has the 1.6v firmware or later have first shot hot issues from un-adjustable added dwell? again, the truth please.

Is tadao easy to find now a days?

Are vikings kinda heavy unmilled/halfmilled? compared to markers that are 2 lbs and less today?

Is AKA cust. service still great even after dan left? I had probs w/ eileen before, and the tech guy, just gave me the run around on an issue and told me himself that Id have to pay for shipping both ways, and a week waiting time cause others were before me. Are boards and noids covered under warranty? NO

I said nothing false. You just are too ashamed to face the truth or something. I loved my viking, and if I ever went back to a poppet marker, Id prolly be shooting a viking, or an excal. So stop w/ the "you dont like AKA anymore and Im a trix fanboy talk.

Trixes have thier downsides too. Ive been unbiased about everything. Others havent.

Answer my questions please.

a new gun comes out made by dye and all you guys spew is "hype, its all hype" :rolleyes: , yet hyping AKA guns is "okay, cause its ALL true" gimme a break.

Doesnt mean I dont have great memories of my viking. I miss it. It was the fastest gun Ive ever shot when I ramped it. Legally it was no faster than any other gun ive owned, even my emag.

yakitori
11-15-2005, 01:08 AM
I have absolutley no idea which opinion is more valid!

Hmmm....ya thats a tuff one. Im the only one that has discusse ONE negative issue w/ the AKA line. I CAN tell you this.....post count doesnt matter. :)

And also, I prefer the 03 wire detents over the 04 detents. Easier to tune IMO. (not directed at you poloricker) ;)

CoolHand
11-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Better watch out Yak, generalizing that much about Vikings might prompt someone to say something like:

DM5's are great, but since they're spoolers, they are gas hogs. Or that and they eat orings, because all spoolers eat orings. And since it's made by DYE the wiring is crap, breaks if you look at it funny.

Aren't generalizations and rumor fun? :rolleyes:

How about we only talk about problems we've actually encountered in person.

I never had a bit of trouble with my Proto, or my DM, but I have heard of all sorts of things, and I have fixed all sorts of problems with Matrices. :ninja:

And I am calling BS on the "Vikings curve balls down" thing.

Ballistics are ballistics, and unless you show me some proof of top spin, I'm going to stick by that one.

yakitori
11-15-2005, 01:23 AM
you said it yourself.....topspin. I didnt....> see you know of the issue. Nobody does true scientific research on paintball guns. Well, "real scientific research" anyway. Maybe some mom and pop setups w/ some statistics that prove nothing. Everyone that shot my viking noticed it. Everyones viking I shot, I noticed it. It does......I dont need an "expert" to determine that.

and that is true. Trixes do have weak wiring. You have to be gentle w/ it. Most ppl take the grip frame off and rip a wire, or pinch one. They DONT however chew orings. Spoolers dont "chew" orings unless they arent lubed and maintained properly. And at least you get an oring kit w/ your trix. You gotta pay 60 bucks or so for a viking tool kit. Also, spoolers arent efficient, but more efficient that mags, but ppl get defensive when you say mags hog air. I get about 1200 or so on a 68/4500 w/ a stock 06 proto. W/ an evolve you get 1700+. Eh ehm.....thats viking efficiency. Tophat and bonebrake mod will give ya a couple more pods and its cheap and easy. So coolhand, when you rebuild your LPR or clean it and remove it, how easy is that? Do you pinch any orings where the ASA is. You prolly dont, but many do. You gotta push it down a/ an allen wrench to keep it from getting twisted and pinched. Hmmm...what else. You can pinch a wire on your viking too if its an 03 the tray is just notched.

Ive also seen issues where the trigger frame holes for the grips to be mounted didnt line up right and the grips mounted on crooked. Mine was kinda like that. It was barely noticable, but it was. And I know of at least one other person w/ the same thing.

Did I touch a soft spot on you guys?

Vikings are greatly efficient. 2000 sometimes on a full fill. Very Consistent. I mean, prolly the MOST consistent gun I know of. Its accurate, but it still curves balls down.

Its very high quality. Very durable. Great type 3 ano. NIcley balanced, comfortbale trigger. Great tolerances. yada yada yada.

doesnt mean the negatives arent true.

Better watch out Yak, generalizing that much about Vikings might prompt someone to say something like:

DM5's are great, but since they're spoolers, they are gas hogs. Or that and they eat orings, because all spoolers eat orings. And since it's made by DYE the wiring is crap, breaks if you look at it funny.

Aren't generalizations and rumor fun? :rolleyes:

How about we only talk about problems we've actually encountered in person.

I never had a bit of trouble with my Proto, or my DM, but I have heard of all sorts of things, and I have fixed all sorts of problems with Matrices. :ninja:

And I am calling BS on the "Vikings curve balls down" thing.

Ballistics are ballistics, and unless you show me some proof of top spin, I'm going to stick by that one.

yakitori
11-15-2005, 01:26 AM
oh ya, and nobody answered my questions honestly. I asked them to be answered. They are very easy yes or no questions. Should take about 2 minutes. ;)

Duzzy
11-15-2005, 01:29 AM
you said it yourself.....topspin. I didnt....> see you know of the issue.

Knowing what something is or labeling something is totally different than saying it applies to the situation... That's on par with saying that an Excalibur gets more range becuase it is closed bolt.

No offense or anything, but it was junky logic. :rolleyes:

magman007
11-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Steelrat, we all know that im the trix fanboy and im going to adress some things.

First and foremost, i will flat out admit, i do not like poppet guns. i cant stand the kick, which is quite prevalent on any poppet marker like a viking, or angel, or timmy, or ego, etc. The spool has spoiled me, and i like it.

now, im going to adress some issues mentioned.

Efficiency, is it really that important any more? who doesnt have all day air? and who dumps a case a game?
Dm's are gatting 1400-1500 now anyways, and even more with a little tape, and some dremmeling if you feel so inclined, even though it is not necessary.

Reliability. Never has any one of my matricies left me sitting, and if it did, its only one of 5 orings that can be causing the problem. very easy to take care of.

Wiring. Last i checked, the vikings arent wired much better than the dm's are, and theres the worry of pinched wires, etc.

maintinence. Ok, so the matrix is slightly more involved with its maintinence, but it is by no means hard or ardous, you take bolt out, apply lube, put bolt back in. and it only needs to be done every 5 cases, i am anal retentive and always strip my guns down after play, but thats me.

kick. mightymax it all you want, the viking is still going to kick more than the matrix.

Trigger feel. i think trixes of all incarnations have had the best feeling triggers to date. i did not like my impulse esque switch mounting style of the viking.

balance. i feel that the dm's balance way better than the viking.

weight. grow some muscle.

software. good luck finding tadao, where chips are easily available for dm's, tadao for a vik is going to be hard to hunt down, and i think we can all agree that its the best programming out there.

never had rollback or detent issues with any of my matrixies

finally. SHOOT THEM BOTH, or atleast shoot a trix, and a nother poppet gun. tell me which you thought was more enjoyable?

CoolHand
11-15-2005, 01:36 AM
who said I dont like vikings much anymore? You pulled that one outta your arse. I just said that was some of the other side of vikings that nobody discusses. No matter what I shoot now, so what, doesnt change the facts. Im just being honest.

So, comparing your excal to your viking, does the viking seem to curve balls down? Truthfully

Nope, never seen any difference at all.

Was detents not an issue for other ppl besides yourself? honestly

The '04's had a few detent problems, but they were not as prevalent as people would make it out to be. Yes, some did have problems, but they were not the majority, and even then, it's a fairly easy fix. I will admit that the wire detent is one of the many things I prefer about the '03 Viking.

Has FSDO w/ previous firmware of WAS been an issue? the truth please.

Once again, some boards had FSDO, some didn't. Some folks had FSDO from sticky ram orings, but that issue was addressed by AKA free of charge. The markers that could not be fixed got the cap mod or a firmware upgrade, and all was well.

Has the 1.6v firmware or later have first shot hot issues from un-adjustable added dwell? again, the truth please.

This one is true. BUT, how many Shockers, DMs, other markers with ABS are running around with hot shots after 5 mins? It's a non-problem brought up to defend a pointless point.

They're not impossible to find, you just gotta look. But really, a WAS or Pandora board with Ramping on it is just as fast, they just don't have as many bells and whistles as Tadao.

Are vikings kinda heavy unmilled/halfmilled? compared to markers that are 2 lbs and less today?

Depends on what you consider "heavy". I myself think anything under about 9lbs decked out is fine. My halfmill is about 8lbs loaded, so I have no problems with it. You gotta remember that after you hang a loaded hopper and a tank on it, that 1.5lb marker still weighs in at nearly 7lbs. It's not that big of a deal.

Is AKA cust. service still great even after dan left? I had probs w/ eileen before, and the tech guy, just gave me the run around on an issue and told me himself that Id have to pay for shipping both ways, and a week waiting time cause others were before me. Are boards and noids covered under warranty? NO

Nope, AKA's service sucks now. BUT, there are five or six other places that have just as good, if not better service than AKA used to have. Besides, as previously posted, Vikings are hella easy to work on, and a tool kit is pretty cheap.

I said nothing false. You just are too ashamed to face the truth or something. I loved my viking, and if I ever went back to a poppet marker, Id prolly be shooting a viking, or an excal. So stop w/ the "you dont like AKA anymore and Im a trix fanboy talk.

Nope, nothing false, but also nothing that is really useful. You're nit picking, and you seem to do it every time anyone suggests a marker other than a DYE Matrix. If you do that consistently, how can you be surprised when you get labeled as a Matrix fanboi? I mean really. Like you said, every marker has its down sides, but anymore, 99% of them are just little nit picks that people find just so they have something to ***** about.

Trixes have thier downsides too. Ive been unbiased about everything. Others havent.

Answer my questions please.

a new gun comes out made by dye and all you guys spew is "hype, its all hype" :rolleyes: , yet hyping AKA guns is "okay, cause its ALL true" gimme a break.

Everything on AO (and any PB forum anymore) is hype, even (or rather especially) the anit-hype.

Doesnt mean I dont have great memories of my viking. I miss it. It was the fastest gun Ive ever shot when I ramped it. Legally it was no faster than any other gun ive owned, even my emag.

I like my Viking, and I didn't like my spoolers. That's my opinion. I just like the feel of a hammer/poppet marker better.

There is nothing wrong with spoolers, I just don't like them. I'm not going to nit pick at ever little detail to justify my decision.

CoolHand
11-15-2005, 01:52 AM
you said it yourself.....topspin. I didnt....> see you know of the issue. Nobody does true scientific research on paintball guns. Well, "real scientific research" anyway. Maybe some mom and pop setups w/ some statistics that prove nothing. Everyone that shot my viking noticed it. Everyones viking I shot, I noticed it. It does......I dont need an "expert" to determine that. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Aw, come on man, this is heading toward the Na Nana Boo Boo stage of the discussion.

By your logic, if you think a Toyota is a higher performance car than a Ferrari Enzo, then it is.

It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and babbling when someone asks for something to back up your "findings".

This mentality is why we still have the "closed bolt is more accurate", "my timmy shoots at 35 bps", "Dragon Timmies are better than Alias Timmies", or "The ripper timmy shoots better than that Russian Legion Timmy", or "Buzzards shoot flatter than Phantoms", or "Cockers Hurt more than spyders", etc, etc, etc.

I've got a bridge that I'll sell you. If you walk across it, you'll live forever. Me and all my friends walked across it and we're going to live forever. We've all observed these findings, they are true beyond a shadow of a doubt. I'll sell it cheap. Shipping is free. Wadda ya say?

:tard:

yakitori
11-15-2005, 02:12 AM
I could care less about open and closed bolt. Ive shot other open bolts that dont curve down AS much IE, timmy, Ego, excal, etc. I didnt even mention topspin, you did. Thats all I was saying. :tard: back atcha.

Im not a DYE fanboi. I happen to like Dye markers. I liked my viking and my emag just as much at the time I owned them. I like my Ion and I used to not even like SP. Im just not a biased kung pao chicken like you. :ninja:

weight AND size are issues in the kind of ball I like to play. Im aggressive kinda front man. I cannot run hauling arse to my 50 carrying a 9-10 lbs setup. ANd yes the 6.5-7 lbs is A LOT easier to squeeze into a bunker and lug around. Im a lot more agile w/ a lighter marker. Im sorry if you think that 1-1.5 lbs on a marker alone makes no differnece. Its also easier to snapshoot faster w/ a lighte marker. Im sick of the "lift some weights" arguement. I weigh 180 and benched 305 a year ago, and still prefer a lightweight marker. Its not that I cant carry around a heavier marker, I DONT WANT TO. Im faster w/o it.

I have a personal prefernece. I never recommended a trix. I didnt recommend a viking or anything else either. I DID however make some points about the other side of vikings that NOBODY was mentioning. If you read through the first page of this thread its all "OMG, vikings are the shiznit" "vikings are the BEST guns ever made" blah......there is no best gun.

I too prefer a trix for the reasons magman does. I dont care for poppet markers that sound like a metal hammer/ram is SLAMMING into a metal valve. I dont like the clap of them, I dont like the kick. I like the lifeless, accurate, quiet....poof poof of a trix. Shockers are the same way, but I dont really care for them. Big deal. I dont recommend or praise at trix in EVERY thread....stop your slander. Lies I tell you, lies.

You (and others here) make WAAAAAYYYYY too many assumptions. Im not a fanboi of ANY gun right now.

Duzzy
11-15-2005, 02:14 AM
I could care less about open and closed bolt. Ive shot other open bolts that dont curve down AS much IE, timmy, Ego, excal, etc. I didnt even mention topspin, you did. Thats all I was saying. :tard: back atcha.

*Edit*

Making my intentions clearer hopefully.

yakitori
11-15-2005, 02:16 AM

ME :shooting: :argh: YOU

Duzzy
11-15-2005, 02:19 AM
Sorry, I am who I am and saying the Excal is open bolt just kind of came across as silly.

So shoot me all you want, I shall strive valiantly to be a good target.

CoolHand
11-15-2005, 03:04 AM
. . . . . . Im just not a biased kung pao chicken like you. :ninja: . . . . . . .

Now name calling. We have officially reached critical mass, this thread has nowhere left to go.

Seriously man, listen to yourself.

You call me a biased kung pao chicken (whatever that means), and then go right into your poppets suck, spools rule mantra. How can anyone NOT call you a fanboi?

You have a preference, which is fine, everyone does. What kills me is how it's OK for you to voice your preference, cite good points about your marker of choice, and gloss over or dismiss bad points, while calling yourself fair and impartial, and then turn right around and rag on everyone else for doing the exact same thing centered around a different marker.

THAT is what is giving me the chuckle, and THAT is what makes your whole argument moot. It's not even an argument per se, it's just you failing to see that you are in fact doing the very same thing what you are *****ing about all of us doing, but just about a different marker.

Also, just because you didn't say "Dood! Get a Trix, they are the gatzorz!!!111one!!11!!3!!" doesn't change what you are doing.

Besides, I didn't see anyone seriously state "Just get a Viking, nothing is better, all others suck, etc, and so on, whatever."

You just need to chill. It's like you're on a campaign to start as many arguments over how great the trix is/how bad poppets suck, on every board you post on. I have no idea why.

News flash! ---> It makes zero difference in the end, and just makes you look like an *** in the interim.

I don't have anything to prove about the markers I buy. I buy them because I WANT them. No other reason. Some of the markers I have "suck" by other people's standards, but I still like them. I'm not going to make a big production out of trying to convince said people that they do not, in fact, "suck". It's a waste of time and energy, and in the end I don't really care what they think anyway.

To the original poster: Just find a Viking and shoot it. If you like it, don't be afraid to get one, there is support a plenty, and parts to be found in many places. If you don't like them, you've saved yourself some time, and narrowed your search by one marker. Shoot everything you're thinking of buying. Shoot anything. Hell, even shoot markers you don't want to buy. Find one you like and buy it. Simple as that.

Any more, ANYTHING can get the job done.

WenULiVeUdiE
11-15-2005, 06:58 AM
If I ever run across an '03 unmilled with eyes and covers for less than $450 I am jumping all over it.

I found a couple 03's on PbN for $425. I can PM you the links if you would like.

Steelrat
11-15-2005, 07:44 AM
Pros of the viking
-VERY reliable. I've owned 7 vikings and 5 excals, the viking's big brother, and I only had one problem, related to a new detent design. None of them ever went down on me, ever.
-FAST. As fast as anything out there with the right board and settings. Theres a video of a stock 04 viking I had doing 31 bps (yes, bps) with no noticeable shootdown.
-CHEAP. You can get amazing deals on vikings now. I've seen beautiful 04 customs going for under $900, thats just amazing.

Cons
-Can be heavy in stock 03 versions. Stock 04s are lighter, and custom milled ones can be very light, around 2 lbs for some of them.
-AKA is going through a bit of turmoil, but there still seems to be great support in the service network
-Must use a toolkit to work on it, and you must use AKA lube or a high-quality synthetic.

Overall, the guy who mentioned they go down a lot doens't know what he is talking about. The vikings and excals are the proverbial "take it out of the bag and play" kind of guns. Mine were so reliable they made mags look downright tempermental.

As for a recommendation, I'd say an 04 featherlight, DC, or streamline with a tadao board.

BTW, the stuff in red is me pointing out negatives. So please, no one claim that they are the only crusader for truth and justice, willing to point out the horrible downsides to vikings.

And magman, my "have fun with your matricies" comment was not meant to disparage matricies. I think they are fine markers, not really my cup of tea, but fine markers nontheless. However, I know that yak is currently a fan of the matrix line of markers, so the comment was intended for him.

doc_Zox
11-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Hey, and don't forget that in order to duck the SP Lawsuit, they shut down production, fired their son and then slandered some of the better AKA techs on the AKA webpage.

its like a soap opera

rkjunior303
11-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Hey, and don't forget that in order to duck the SP Lawsuit, they shut down production, fired their son and then slandered some of the better AKA techs on the AKA webpage.

its like a soap opera

there was much more to the Aaron/Dan/Bart saga than most people know. Trust me, it wasn't because they wanted to duck the SP lawsuit -- there was much more going on behind the scenes.

yakitori
11-15-2005, 10:47 AM
my bad, I knew an excal is closed bolt. I dont know how that got in there. Nice catch duzzy.

Anyway. Kung pao chicken is no worse a name calling than fanboi so get over it. I didnt go on a matra about how spools are better, I simply said why I PERSONALLY like spool valves over poppets.

I said that dye markers have weak wiring didnt I? Didnt I say that? Yes I did. Hmmmm...what else is bad about them. They are expensive. hmmm.....cant think of much else wrong w/ the 06 guns. Can you?

and a lot of the rest of your post coolhand is misleading and inaccurate about where this thread has gone. I dont have to go back and quote to prove it, but ppl can go read for themselves. I said nothing but good things about a viking at first, then everyone started their "vikings are like the best guns ever made" schpeel and then I stated some negatives. Thats when the guy even says"""""I dont see how I [i]cant[i/] buy a viking" and thats a straight quote even w/ the misused Italics.

Again, more slander.....I thought a person of your status (a dealer, and logic paintball person) would be a bit more insightful and able to read a post.....appearantly I was wrong.

rkjunior303
11-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Man, the Viking/Trix debate is almost as bad as the Mag/Cocker debate..

SCpoloRicker
11-15-2005, 11:12 AM
rawr!1!

/ ;)

Steelrat
11-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Best thread evar.

yakitori
11-15-2005, 11:39 AM
viking, excals, and trixes are freakin awesome guns. I LOVED mine. I just dont like it when ppl skew the statements Ive made.

at least something is happening on AO w/ this thread. Most other threads are :(

:cheers:

magman007
11-15-2005, 11:52 AM
wow, i cant believe i made it through a thread, with a lengthy post by my self, without even getting a minute amount of criticism, but then again, no one agreed with me. maybe im just on everyones ignore list :tard:

Steelrat
11-15-2005, 12:24 PM
No, I replied to you, look a few posts up ;)

yakitori
11-15-2005, 01:00 PM
I agreed w/ you magman. ;).

UTDragun
11-15-2005, 02:35 PM
I said that dye markers have weak wiring didnt I? Didnt I say that? Yes I did. Hmmmm...what else is bad about them. They are expensive. hmmm.....cant think of much else wrong w/ the 06 guns. Can you?

sure, their anno scratches almost as easily as sp, the proto eye ribbon is a joke, you have mill down some to put no riders on them, inefficient even with mods or stock improvements, they taller than alot of guns, they eat batteries, they have alot of orings.

You can believe the hype or you can believe the truth. Ppl need to stop acting like vikings are the end all of paintball guns. Vikings are getting kinda outdated. Spartans is nice no doubt, so is rkjuniors, but those are pimped out vikings, not unmilled ones..
Right, like Dye doesnt get hype on their markers? some vikings are less than a year old. how many lcd trixes do you see running around? what about mags? theyre old, so they suck too? cockers are old so they must suck too.

WenULiVeUdiE
11-15-2005, 02:52 PM
I said nothing false.

http://www.pbwarehouse.net/taakavibo.html

Just so you know. ;)

UTDragun
11-15-2005, 02:53 PM

Topspin is what causes
curve balls downward
Which I still have not seen, nor FSDO.

Im not a DYE fanboi. I happen to like Dye markers. I liked my viking and my emag just as much at the time I owned them. I like my Ion and I used to not even like SP. Im just not a biased kung pao chicken like you. :ninja: Im still not seeing how you came up with the conclusion of being biased.

weight AND size are issues in the kind of ball I like to play. Im aggressive kinda front man. I cannot run hauling arse to my 50 carrying a 9-10 lbs setup. ANd yes the 6.5-7 lbs is A LOT easier to squeeze into a bunker and lug around. Im a lot more agile w/ a lighter marker. Im sorry if you think that 1-1.5 lbs on a marker alone makes no differnece. Its also easier to snapshoot faster w/ a lighte marker. Im sick of the "lift some weights" arguement. I weigh 180 and benched 305 a year ago, and still prefer a lightweight marker. Its not that I cant carry around a heavier marker, I DONT WANT TO. Im faster w/o it. will then since you can bench 305, you can tell me you can feel a difference between 303? despite what you think 2 pounds will not be noticeable on your run to the deadbox.

I have a personal prefernece. I never recommended a trix. I didnt recommend a viking or anything else either. I DID however make some points about the other side of vikings that NOBODY was mentioning. If you read through the first page of this thread its all "OMG, vikings are the shiznit" "vikings are the BEST guns ever made" blah......there is no best gun.
Get a cyborg or something, since you think protos are hideous

Pros of the viking

Cons
-Must use a toolkit to work on it, and you must use AKA lube or a high-quality synthetic.You started off with a good post there, but you were wrong again. then it made its way downhill. People were expressing their opinions. Not once did someone say anything you just quoted. They all stated why they liked vikings with some support, there was more pros than cons listed but still supported.

UTDragun
11-15-2005, 02:56 PM
http://www.angrypaintball.com/musashi-board-p-291.html

yakitori
11-15-2005, 03:18 PM
they were 100 when they were released. Now youre paying 115 plus shipping for a board that you cant even prove is in stock and ready to ship. And angry paintball is paintballdoctor in dallas. Thats where I live, I dont think they have the boards in stock. nice try though.

And if you dont think FSDO is a problem w/ some vikings, youre a tool. read up some. Thats why 1.6v was addressed it by adding dwell for the first shot to account for a sticky ram. Even coolhand admitted that. :tard: Even Dan the man auctionjunkie....former AKA guru and employee and mastertech has seen it many times....http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1256501&highlight=FSDO get a life utdragon.

And no, you cannot tell the difference between 303 and 305, but youre not running anywhere w/it. Thats different when you are discussing lifting weight. Its a fact that you are NOT as agile when your setup is bigger and heavier. Every played w/ a pump?

you have contributed nothing to the issue at hand, and if you think that ppl werent praising vikings you need to go back to the first page and re-read it.

Steelrat was the only one who said anything "remotely" negative. Wasnt even negative IMO. All he said was heavy if unmilled, AKA is in turmoil right now, and you need a tool kit. to me, thats not too negative. And that isnt ALL the cons of a viking either.

I know WTF Im talking about. Ive owned the freakin gun for a while and had tadao, mitey max (which didnt reduce kick, more hype), Tadao, etc.

If I wouldve said:

viking is great, its arguably one of the best guns ever made, yada yada.....yould be quoting me going.....*nod* :clap:

I didnt do that, now all the fanbois get mad. I even gave the good w/ the bad. Both. Ive owned it, I know what ppl have experienced w/ them. Its a copied design anyway....eh ehm WDP.

68magOwner
11-15-2005, 03:38 PM
never had FSDO with my viking, or any other on the team, using WAS, pandora, or tadao, just non-existant in the 4 vikings we have had. Also, no idea what your talking about with the balls curving down deal, just not the case. And, your putting alot of emphasis on weight, when an unmilled 04 weighs roughly the same as the DM4 you much prefered over it and never wined about the weight.

My team is now shooting 2k5 timmys, dm5's, ST dm5, PM6's, my viking, have a freestyle laying around, as well as other markers. And yes, each has its pro's and cons- ex- the timmys get worse shot groupings than the viking or matricies by far, the viking is the heaviest (which, dosnt bother me in the slightest, a matter of ounces dosent slow me down, and i play front/snake (well, anywhere on the field, but, thats where i typically end up)). I am most comfortable playing with the viking, and it performs on par or better than the other markers in every aspect. Other teammates shoot what they want because thats what they like.

BUT- to stay on the topic of reliability, which, is what the thread was about, the viking is the ONLY marker on the team that has stayed up with no problems, through wind, rain, snow, normal play, whatever, has never skipped a beat, and also requires less matinance than ANY of the other markers on the team, so, in that catagory, its top of the heap.

UTDragun
11-15-2005, 03:40 PM
they were 100 when they were released. Now youre paying 115 plus shipping for a board that you cant even prove is in stock and ready to ship. And angry paintball is paintballdoctor in dallas. Thats where I live, I dont think they have the boards in stock. nice try though.
Well he was supposed to have them in stock after cup, so that was the story. since you live so close, call him or something and find out for us. Do a little good.

And if you dont think FSDO is a problem w/ some vikings, youre a tool. read up some. Thats why 1.6v was addressed it by adding dwell for the first shot to account for a sticky ram. Even coolhand admitted that. :tard: Even Dan the man auctionjunkie....former AKA guru and employee and mastertech has seen it many times....http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1256501&highlight=FSDO get a life utdragon.Right and that was how long ago? What I was implying is that was a thing of the past. "Get a life" ...wow, should I feel bad or something?

And no, you cannot tell the difference between 303 and 305, but youre not running anywhere w/it. Thats different when you are discussing lifting weight. Its a fact that you are NOT as agile when your setup is bigger and heavier. Every played w/ a pump?
Sure have, and bigger doesnt always mean heavier. Even so, it doesnt make that much of a noticiable difference

you have contributed nothing to the issue at hand, and if you think that ppl werent praising vikings you need to go back to the first page and re-read it. Why don't you re-read what I said? I never said they werent praising. I said they were praising with support. Not "OMG Vikes beat everything else" like you quoted.

Steelrat was the only one who said anything "remotely" negative. Wasnt even negative IMO. All he said was heavy if unmilled, AKA is in turmoil right now, and you need a tool kit. to me, thats not too negative. And that isnt ALL the cons of a viking either.
Im sorry you believe that your opinoins are superior to all. It doesnt have to be demeaning to be negative. My point was that there were cons pointed out and you discredited and ignored them

I know WTF Im talking about. Ive owned the freakin gun for a while and had tadao, mitey max (which didnt reduce kick, more hype), Tadao, etc. At least you have confidence in yourself

If I wouldve said:

viking is great, its arguably one of the best guns ever made, yada yada.....yould be quoting me going.....*nod* :clap:Sure wouldnt. Good try though.

I didnt do that, now all the fanbois get mad. I even gave the good w/ the bad. Both. Ive owned it, I know what ppl have experienced w/ them. Its a copied design anyway....eh ehm WDP.
You did give the good with the bad, it is something that not alot of people do, but some over your info was skewed a little. Angels with batter packs are slightly different though, but still the same basic design. Which by the way, Both the DM platform and The AKA/WDP Tri tube design are coming pretty close to being as good as they can get.

UTDragun
11-15-2005, 04:23 PM
heres what was said, although I admit I might have read it wrong the first time

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=17167173#post17167173

Steelrat
11-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Pros of the viking

Cons

You started off with a good post there, but you were wrong again. then it made its way downhill. People were expressing their opinions. Not once did someone say anything you just quoted. They all stated why they liked vikings with some support, there was more pros than cons listed but still supported.

Wait, was that directed at me, or yakitori?

magman007
11-15-2005, 04:46 PM
i give up reading this thread.

Steelrat
11-15-2005, 04:47 PM
i give up reading this thread.

No, keep with it, this is when things start to get interesting. At least it hasn't degenerated into one of those "O rly?" threads.

yakitori
11-15-2005, 05:43 PM
I wouldnt take Utdragons word for anything. As far as Im concerned he isnt aware of ANY issues w/ vikings. IF AKA could make vikings and excals still, Im sure the issues would be addressed. Any good paintball gun manufacturer addresses and tries to remedy issues of the previousl years model. At least they should. ;).

magman007
11-15-2005, 06:29 PM
No, keep with it, this is when things start to get interesting. At least it hasn't degenerated into one of those "O rly?" threads.

http://www.the-red-army.com/orly.gif

SCpoloRicker
11-15-2005, 07:02 PM

edit: Dangit!

CoolHand
11-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Anyway. Kung pao chicken is no worse a name calling than fanboi so get over it. I didnt go on a matra about how spools are better, I simply said why I PERSONALLY like spool valves over poppets.

Man, I don't care what you call me, it makes me no difference. I just hadn't heard that used in a derogatory manner before.

They're spoolers. ;)

and a lot of the rest of your post coolhand is misleading and inaccurate about where this thread has gone. I dont have to go back and quote to prove it, but ppl can go read for themselves. I said nothing but good things about a viking at first, then everyone started their "vikings are like the best guns ever made" schpeel and then I stated some negatives. Thats when the guy even says"""""I dont see how I [i]cant[i/] buy a viking" and thats a straight quote even w/ the misused Italics.

Show me where I mislead anyone. I didn't do anything of the kind. I have had nothing but good luck and fun with my Viking (even though I am a crappy PB player). I told him my experiences, and that's it. No more no less. Everything I said is true. I haven't had any problems, and my buddy with a Viking hasn't had any problems. He loves his to death.

The fact is that I am very happy with my Viking, so much so that I sold every other electro I had (except the new electro Mag I just built :ninja: ). As my dad would say, "I'm as happy as a puppy with two peckers." :eek: :rofl:

Anyway, I'm not running you down, think whatever you like, and say whatever you like, just don't expect me to swallow it, or if asked, confirm it.

Again, more slander.....I thought a person of your status (a dealer, and logic paintball person) would be a bit more insightful and able to read a post.....appearantly I was wrong.

BTW, it's not slander if it's written down . . . . . . . . . it's libel.

AND, to be libel, it has to be a lie. . . . . . . . . but since you ARE making an *** out of yourself, I didn't say anything at all that wasn't true. :rofl:

yakitori
11-15-2005, 09:00 PM
BTW, it's not slander if it's written down . . . . . . . . . it's libel.

AND, to be libel, it has to be a lie. . . . . . . . . but since you ARE making an *** out of yourself, I didn't say anything at all that wasn't true. :rofl:

libel is publicly written. Slander is a more relative explaination of it since you are typing your thoughts which would be otherwise spoken. :rolleyes:

I know what libel is.

I have NOT made an arse of myself. Maybe in your crappy pball playing eyes I have, but Ive said nothing but what I know and believe to be true about vikings. I owned one for a long time and I know.

so you dont like spoolers, and I like them more than poppets. Big deal. they shoot smoother to me. Ive said over and over that if I went to a poppet that it would be a viking excal or cyborg....so stfu already

dahoeb
11-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Maybe in your crappy pball playing eyes....

yes, youre right, youre not making an arse out of yourself. let it go. its just a pball forum. :rolleyes:

68magOwner
11-15-2005, 09:17 PM
SO, sum up this thread
-Vikings are arguably the best poppet valve marker to date, and, as far as reliability goes, second to none.

Dont know that anyones going to argue that.

-just a sidenote, i agree with SOME of the stuff that yak is saying, for instance, some people have ad problems with the detents in the 04's, but, this has been fixed by many of mods (stretching detent springs, or oring behind the ram, or the quad detent mod) But, some of the stuff (like fsdo being common, or balls lobbing down, is just nonsense as far as im concerned).

CoolHand
11-15-2005, 09:43 PM
libel is publicly written. Slander is a more relative explaination of it since you are typing your thoughts which would be otherwise spoken. :rolleyes:

I know what libel is.

I have NOT made an arse of myself. Maybe in your crappy pball playing eyes I have, but Ive said nothing but what I know and believe to be true about vikings. I owned one for a long time and I know.

so you dont like spoolers, and I like them more than poppets. Big deal. they shoot smoother to me. Ive said over and over that if I went to a poppet that it would be a viking excal or cyborg....so stfu already

:rofl:

YES!!!

I think I can actually see steam coming out of your ears.

When I read the last page and a half of this thread I get this image in my head of a very short kid swinging his arms frantically, while the bully (being a full foot taller) holds him at arms length with the palm of his hand on the short kid's forehead.

It's almost too priceless for words. :rofl:

OK, I'm done trolling now. I just had to yank your chain a couple of more times Yak, it was too wonderful to pass up.

Have a good one. :cheers:

UTDragun
11-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Wait, was that directed at me, or yakitori?
it was directed at yak

I used your statement to prove yak wrong

I wouldnt take Utdragons word for anything. As far as Im concerned he isnt aware of ANY issues w/ vikings.
wow thats just plain ignorant, unsupported bs

UTDragun
11-15-2005, 10:13 PM
SO, sum up this thread
-Vikings are arguably the best poppet valve marker to date, and, as far as reliability goes, second to none.

Dont know that anyones going to argue that.

-just a sidenote, i agree with SOME of the stuff that yak is saying, for instance, some people have ad problems with the detents in the 04's, but, this has been fixed by many of mods (stretching detent springs, or oring behind the ram, or the quad detent mod) But, some of the stuff (like fsdo being common, or balls lobbing down, is just nonsense as far as im concerned).
First statement could be argued, last statement = true

I have NOT made an arse of myself :spit_take

68magOwner
11-15-2005, 10:23 PM
First statement could be argued,

Hence the word "arguably" right in there

UTDragun
11-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Hence the word "arguably" right in there
yes, was supporting you

68magOwner
11-15-2005, 11:12 PM
just making things clear, because, as we all know, when you get down to it, there is no end all be all best of the best in any catagory of anything for paintball, but, as far as poppet markers go, vikings are cream of the crop

Steelrat
11-15-2005, 11:27 PM
it was directed at yak

I used your statement to prove yak wrong

I thought it might be, but I wasn't 100%.

yakitori
11-16-2005, 12:18 AM
just making things clear, because, as we all know, when you get down to it, there is no end all be all best of the best in any catagory of anything for paintball, but, as far as poppet markers go, vikings are cream of the crop

as I have said in this thread. I just pointed out other issues that ppl have faced w/ vikings and all the fanbois throw a ****fit.

UTdragon you didnt prove anything wrong. All you provided was a link to angrypaintball saying they are selling tadao board (a VERY small run) after the cup. That was over a month ago. Shut up now. You lose.

and FSDO was a problem w/ some 03s. UT, you try to make it sound like its old news and an old problem. Vikings were stopped production in 04 and the problem wasnt corrected until then. Took long enough didnt it. Not ALL vikings have FSDO issues, and some can be allevieate by increasing dwell which will inturn decrease efficiency. Some have reported having to run dwell at 16ms to avoid it. I had it w/ WAS pre 1.6v firmware on my 03. It is a pneumatic issue and involve a sticky ram. It happens.....and even DAN "auctionjunky" admits it and refers to it on many occasions. WHen I update to WAS 1.6v firmware which added 4ms of dwell for the first shot, I had first shot hot. I tried ALL kinds of settings, both LPR and dwell, never helped. Tadao ABS dwell fixed the problem. STFU if you dont know UTdragon. Youve prolly never heard of it cause you dont know jack squat about vikings.

And I never once said they werent reliable, consistent, dependable, fast, efficient. They are. And prolly some of the best at it in the poppet line. I get sick of ppl making it out like Im BASHING them for saying what I have said. Ive been unbiased, and thats what ppl want to really hear. Some of you act like a bunch of pbreview or pbn kids that get mad when someone says ONE thing about the gun you own that is a Con. Get over it. Truth hurts, and life sucks, then you die.

Jerzee201
11-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Actually, I got my Tadao board from Angry this past Friday, ordered the week before. ;)

Unfortunately, it shipped with the older firmware (no Excal support). Sent to Will.

cheers

SCpoloRicker
11-16-2005, 11:25 AM
yak, you are making an arse of yourself. Again.

Skoad
11-16-2005, 11:55 AM
most guns today still have FSDO...except now they include software to help alleviate that

UTDragun
11-16-2005, 12:24 PM
as I have said in this thread. I just pointed out other issues that ppl have faced w/ vikings and all the fanbois throw a ****fit.

UTdragon you didnt prove anything wrong. All you provided was a link to angrypaintball saying they are selling tadao board (a VERY small run) after the cup. That was over a month ago. Shut up now. You lose.

You still dont get it do you? Tadao boards are in stock at many online stores. Angry had them in stock last week. There are many vikings on BST on many forums that have tadao. Face it, no matter how you reword and keep saying the same ****. You are still overexaggerating the number of tadao boards out there.

and FSDO was a problem w/ some 03s. UT, you try to make it sound like its old news and an old problem. Vikings were stopped production in 04 and the problem wasnt corrected until then. Took long enough didnt it. Not ALL vikings have FSDO issues, and some can be allevieate by increasing dwell which will inturn decrease efficiency. Some have reported having to run dwell at 16ms to avoid it. I had it w/ WAS pre 1.6v firmware on my 03. It is a pneumatic issue and involve a sticky ram. It happens.....and even DAN "auctionjunky" admits it and refers to it on many occasions. WHen I update to WAS 1.6v firmware which added 4ms of dwell for the first shot, I had first shot hot. I tried ALL kinds of settings, both LPR and dwell, never helped. Tadao ABS dwell fixed the problem. STFU if you dont know UTdragon. Youve prolly never heard of it cause you dont know jack squat about vikings.

Yes, some 03s had fsdo. But once again you exaggerate on how many truly had problems. Turning up the dwell fixed most of this problem. Being childish doesnt acomplish anything.

And I never once said they werent reliable, consistent, dependable, fast, efficient. They are. And prolly some of the best at it in the poppet line. I get sick of ppl making it out like Im BASHING them for saying what I have said. Ive been unbiased, and thats what ppl want to really hear. Some of you act like a bunch of pbreview or pbn kids that get mad when someone says ONE thing about the gun you own that is a Con. Get over it. Truth hurts, and life sucks, then you die.

People are not "bashing" you for listing cons and not pros, most are correcting some of your theories, generalizations, or exaggerations on some info. Resorting to name calling when you cant think of anything else to do and disrespect others when you cant have a civil discussion...

hypocrisy at its finest

Obviously this topic has been run down into the ground as well as your self image and im tired of seeing you post the same junk over and over.

yakitori
11-16-2005, 12:45 PM
so angry had them last week and had a small run of them and you "exaggerate" that they still have them in stock.

I didnt resort to name calling until someone started w/ the dye fanboi talk, so how is that hipocracy? Its not, its being defensive. Call names and expect to get called one back. I dont turn the other cheek. I hit back. ANd I did think of other stuff to do. Every one of my posts was about a viking and not "just" namecalling. Again, I only did that after being referred to as a fanboi. Like you guys arent fabois. HOws that for hypocracy. Dont use the term so loosely when you partake in such behavior.

FSDO was an issue on more than what you are "exaggerating" about. Just cause 3-5 ppl on AO didnt have it doesnt mean that "none" of the other 2000+ vikings or excals dont. Ive been reading on many many occasions in the PBN forum. Dont believe it, go search.

youre still stupid or dont get it. I never listed cons and not pros. I listed both but you seem so offended by the cons that you get upset and start the bashing. Again, Ive been unbiased about it. And you still dont seem to know much about vikings.

I post the same thing over and over cause you keep arguing the same moot points. You are saying my cons dont really exist when they do. I never discredited reliabiltiy, efficiency or other pros, I just listed SOME OF THE PROBLEMS THAT PPL HAVE HAD W/ VIKINGS. are you still not getting it. You seem to want to argue about the TADAO board and thats all. So what, there are a couple places that have a few boards you can buy. I wouldnt call that readily available. And I keep repeating myself .....ya right. :rofl:

FSU_Paintball
11-16-2005, 02:11 PM
This thread has become super entertaining

tsc
11-16-2005, 02:23 PM
This thread has become super entertaining

If by "super entertaining", you mean filled with stupid crap, then yes, you would be right.

yakitori
11-16-2005, 03:00 PM
If by "super entertaining", you mean filled with stupid crap, then yes, you would be right.

including that post. ;)

Im done arguing. Think what you guys want about vikings. buy one, find out for yourself though months of posting and searching the online forums on AKAO and PBN. Thats the 2 most helpful places online to get info about vikings. Use them.

I stand by what I said, and its up there for ppl to read. If you dont believe it, buy a viking and take your chance on finding out whether yours has a sticky ram, or FSDO, or a detent problem, or heavy, or kicks some, or has SCM or LPR creeping issues. Im tired of trying to get info through skulls that are so thick it would take a jackhammer to get in there. :cheers:

cdacda13
11-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't friends

FSU_Paintball
11-16-2005, 05:00 PM

Can't it be both?