PDA

View Full Version : Nitro tank problem

bojangles1983
11-14-2005, 09:51 PM
So my friend just picked up a nitrogen tank off of ebay and didnt do any research before buying. This is a stumper to me, I have seen this style but not for about 5 years and need help hooking it up, I dont know how to post pics, so I hope I can describe it.
The tank looks fine, the regulator is a Air America on the lower portion of the reg it has Low,High,In (with fill nipple) Out (just open threads) and gauge (with a gauge in it) on the upper portion of the tank it does not have standard threads, it is a device that says National Paintball Supply Raptor Rex , rex 1933 made by Air America. it has a threaded top (not standard tank thread) that looks to be adjustable with a Allen Wrench and has a tourney stop cap. Am I looking at an adjustable pressure tank? Are there anythings I should know about this style before taking it to be filled? do I need to unscrew the top cap or screw it all the way in before filling? Do I just attach a macroline fitting to the open-threaded OUT port? any help would be great! thanks guys!

Bejita
11-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Its probably for a remote or some garbage like that.

magman007
11-14-2005, 10:53 PM
its a raptor rex, it is adjustable. you should be fine to just fill it

WARPED1
11-14-2005, 11:09 PM
This is my AA Raptor. This pic help?
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/31000/raptor_AA_rs.JPG

Vex
11-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Don't the Rex's lack an on/off valve? What do you use to shut your air flow off?

bojangles1983
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
The tank I have has a smaller regulator than the one in your picture, and I see no way of turning the tank off, so do I have to have it hooked to a marker when filled? do I unscrew the top to turn the pressure off?

bojangles1983
11-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Ok after taking another look at your pic I see that what I thought was a larger regulator is actually a sort of attachment to place the tank on a marker... where do I find one of those?!? I have no way of attaching this to the marker.

WARPED1
11-15-2005, 06:42 PM
That's a seperate cradle, I forget where I got it.

FallNAngel
11-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Yes, it's an adjustable tank. I highly suggest reading the manual for it, which can be found here:

http://www.airamerica.com/manuals/raptormanual.pdf