PDA

View Full Version : College Paintball

P8ntBallBoom
11-14-2005, 10:58 PM
OK, I've heard you guys talking about it and I'm getting kind of interested. What is college paintball like? How can I get invloved? I'm either going to Iowa State or Minnesota State next fall for college and any info from someone from those schools or other schools would be appreciated. I like paintball a lot and being to play on the college competitive level would definitely be something fun for me.

wanna-b-ballin'
11-14-2005, 11:05 PM
i dont know anything about it either but i would like to get involved in it too.
does anybody know if any of the california state colleges have a team? or any sites with info?

wolf13
11-14-2005, 11:13 PM
college-paintball.com for general college ball info.

I know ISU has a team, I played for em for a year a while back and I know they are still active. Beyond that, I haven't kept in touch with them at all so I really can't give details. they have a forum here (http://www.paintball.stuorg.iastate.edu/phpBB2/index.php?sid=a4237ceb0baf8ef5df7a621726730028) from a link from one of their players. I haven't been involved with college ball in a few years, but it was a pretty good league at the time.

Skoad
11-15-2005, 02:59 AM
Email the team captain or anyone really. College ballers love having more people around to play with :) Its good to have a nice sized team overall because us college students are usually poor and could only make a few tournies a semester. Of course unless your school pays for most everything - not mine of course :( . So the more people they got the more events their team can attend.

BD_Paintball
11-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Email the team captain or anyone really. College ballers love having more people around to play with :) Its good to have a nice sized team overall because us college students are usually poor and could only make a few tournies a semester. Of course unless your school pays for most everything - not mine of course :( . So the more people they got the more events their team can attend.
yes the more people the better. Iowa State has a good team and they have a field on campus. we played a tourney there and the field was good. e-mail Pink on pbn i think he is the presedent of the iowa state team. im sure he will answer your questions

White_Noise
11-15-2005, 01:38 PM
yeah, if you want to get in touch with captains, etc. you can go to either the ncpa website college-paintball.com

or go the college tourney forums at PBN, they have a list there as well of the contact info for different club presidents.

ThePixelGuru
11-15-2005, 01:43 PM
At UMass, at least, our team is set up as a Registered Student Organization - don't know what it's like at other schools, but paintball teams at college are usually set up as a club of some sort. Just look for general club info at any school and if there's a paintball club, there'll probably be someone for you to contact about it.

P8ntBallBoom
11-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks for all of the info!

onedude36
11-15-2005, 10:02 PM
ASU will be sending you guys some 'boom headshot' soon. Cant wait for college. :clap:

UTDragun
11-17-2005, 11:19 AM
UT just started a club, we will most likey be playing lots of tourney's nppl, cfoa, ncpa to name a few...but of course we need $$$ and sponsors first

UTDragun
11-17-2005, 11:23 AM
www.utpaintball.com

has info and our constitution

ntn4502
11-17-2005, 01:23 PM
its fun, and its even more funner when you have a good team like us! :D

FSU_Paintball
11-17-2005, 01:28 PM
FSUpaintball.com

:)

We have a really great developing team this year... next year we will have almost entirely D1&D2 level players on our roster. 1 Jax Warrior + 2 Strange players + JP + misc D2 players = success

grEnAlEins
11-17-2005, 03:58 PM
My school just started a club/team. We are the fake FSU, not Florida State, but Ferris State University in MI. We played at the Grand Valley State U X-ball tourney and got smoked. It was tons o fun though. I can't say more than that, that was our only college tourney, we just started our club/team in mid-october. They best way to get involved is to organize with other players if your school has no team. Try to win over the support of your school, become a student organization. After that, you must find funding. From what I understand, most schools do not fund their teams, so sponsorship is a good.