PDA

View Full Version : E-MAG Specs or possible AutoCAD file?

StellarRAD
11-15-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm a CAD tech and I was wondering if anyone knew if any place has specific size and dimensions on the entire EMAG body/rail and so on.

I have a person that can possible do some custom milling for me and I'd like to get an exact measurements if possible. I can get close with all my equipment but I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard or anything like this.

My goal is to attempt to cut down almost an entire pound off the EMAG frame. I like the normal look of the body, but CAD it was I do and I understand all the main stress points and pivot points on the EMAG.

If anyone has a full CAD drawing, I might even be willing to pay a few $ for it.

I'm going to have down time with winter coming and I think it'd be bad @$$ if I could make a one of a kind EMAG.

I already have some ideas, but I'd like specs first.

*Note: I will not post any pictures on the production until the EMAG is finished because I've already had an idea ripped from me in the past, by Microsoft on their controllers.*

The 3rd MLG tournament that came up, I fully modded and Xbox controller with lights on a timer and in sink with button touches. This was a one of a kind that I did for looks, and a month later Microsoft signed a patent on the d*mn thing, and know sells them everywhere, but MINE is still way better than theirs.

BigEvil
11-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Im thinking it may be real hard to get CAD files from anyone on their products. I guess it wouldnt hurt to send out a few emails to AGD about it.

tae
11-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Let me know, Im in search of the same information.

Thanks

Arstron
11-15-2005, 05:53 PM
There is a cad file out there for the slug bodies, perhaps you could use that as a base. is it a old emag body or a ule body?

StellarRAD
11-15-2005, 09:50 PM
It's an older version emag body.

I think I'm going to just straight mill down the rails I have. I honestly looked over all the strength points and I can close to 10-15 ounces I think I can take off. I just need to find a CnC machine to use:)

I know a few in the area, so I have to see what I can pull off.