PDA

View Full Version : Saw this in APG and decided to check out their site...

warbeak2099
11-15-2005, 07:15 PM
http://www.predatorgames.com/

Huh... might be fun for backyard games or even recball. Operates on sound... wonder if you could just shout at it instead of wasting gas lol.

Glickman
11-15-2005, 07:39 PM
almost as cool as :

FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE

Huskie_American
11-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Thats awsome! Now i can turn my $300 marker into a $20 Lazer tag gun!!! :rolleyes:

Bejita
11-15-2005, 07:47 PM
You still need air......Pretty friggen stupid.

Link44
11-15-2005, 07:59 PM
so how does the player mode work, i don't really get it...if its just a laser how does it know if it hit a person or a bunker?

Glickman
11-15-2005, 08:00 PM
you could make it urself for like 20 a set

personman
11-15-2005, 08:06 PM
so how does the player mode work, i don't really get it...if its just a laser how does it know if it hit a person or a bunker?
Theres a reciever which is really lame and can be covered up for easy cheating.

cdacda13
11-15-2005, 09:02 PM
OLD!

I think this was posted a while ago.

Skywalker
11-16-2005, 01:07 AM
You still need air......Pretty friggen stupid.

Yeah, plus all that dry firing can't be real good for any gun.

Vex
11-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Sheep will buy it.

Spartan X
11-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Yeah, plus all that dry firing can't be real good for any gun.
Unless it's a viking :)

Lohman446
11-16-2005, 08:27 AM
So... how does a lazer simulate the balistic arch of a paintball?

Arstron
11-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Might be good for a propane marker, but I cant see anyone using it with anyting else, then again I guess you could turn the bolt upside down in a spyder or cocker and save on air. For me, paint is alot easier to get then air, when they find out how to make a cheap air compressor that can get 2k psi fills, then I will be happy. :dance:

WARPED1
11-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Theres a target the opponent wears. Read next time. :)

warbeak2099
11-16-2005, 03:19 PM
So... how does a lazer simulate the balistic arch of a paintball?

I was thinking the same thing. It's not perfect, but it's a neat idea.

BTW, what's with people getting so damn hostile? I found something that I'd never seen before and decided to share it. Why are some of you blasting the freaking thing? It's a new product that obviously needs some developing. Maybe we should just condemn all of those kinds of things so no new ideas ever come to fruition and paintball dies. Jesus people, let's try and be a little open minded once in a while huh? And people wonder why the warpfeed never became huge...

TheTramp
11-16-2005, 04:14 PM
I think it could be helpful for snapshooting practice. As stated, you don't have the arc that real paint does but it could still help you learn to come out on target etc.

Arstron
11-16-2005, 04:46 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It's not perfect, but it's a neat idea.

BTW, what's with people getting so damn hostile? I found something that I'd never seen before and decided to share it. Why are some of you blasting the freaking thing? It's a new product that obviously needs some developing. Maybe we should just condemn all of those kinds of things so no new ideas ever come to fruition and paintball dies. Jesus people, let's try and be a little open minded once in a while huh? And people wonder why the warpfeed never became huge...

I dont have anything against it, I just know how quickly id run out of air doing somthing like that...

FSU_Paintball
11-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Problems I'd ASSUME the system would have:

1. You have to hit the sensor to set it off? Well, people are bigger targets than just a little sensor... and if you widen the sensitivity range, you might be "hitting" people when you're not even anywhere close.

2. Lasers and light travel straight. Paintballs do not. This would not teach you how to shoot accurately since you're not putting arc on it.

3. Lasers and light travel at the speed of... er... light. Paintballs most definitely do not. You don't instantaneously hit someone with a paintball when you pull the trigger, but this system has your "invisible paintballs" traveling much, much faster than a bullet.

4. Dry-firing is probably not great for guns.

space_weazel_45
11-22-2005, 03:28 AM
Yes! i still have mine, woot wooot

almost as cool as :

FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE