PDA

View Full Version : ULT on/off stick????

CAPTINSANE
11-15-2005, 09:44 PM
X-valve ULT Intelli

got my mag and am about half way through wearing in the bolt...etc. I was walking it on sunday whcih astounded me. My problem is:

when i don't fire my gun for a while (ie: com back from regassing and filling pods), sometimes my mag will fire once and then the on/off pin stays back, hence i cannot pull the trigger as the sear is not pushed back. If i hit the gun a few times on the body it seems to fix the problem...i am sure this is not bolt stick...because the bolt does not stick forwards... My LVL10 bolt works fine. It is after the mag has been at rest that this happens (which just hapens to be as soon as i make my bunker)...

it is not vital...it hasn't cost me an eliminatino yet...just a few seconds to hit it a few times :shooting:

Coralis
11-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Is your sear wore down or modified ? Do you hear leaking down the barrel ?

rb211
11-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Feed it lots of oil. ULT's are real sensitive about that. If you are breaking in a lvlX, you need to feed it lots of oil anyway.

SpitFire1299
11-15-2005, 10:38 PM
How many shims are in the ULT? Does pushing the bolt back do anything when you have this problem? :cheers:

Vex
11-16-2005, 03:16 AM
It also may be your Level 10 carrier. If your carrier is too small, it will catch your bolt, causing stick, therefore not reseting the sear. This was my problem. Use the largest carrier that does not leak. Be sure to use the current carrier o-ring in the new carrier, as it's already broken in.

athomas
11-16-2005, 07:04 AM
I agree. Sounds like bolt stick. Use a larger carrier.

CAPTINSANE
11-16-2005, 07:51 AM
it's not bolt stick..the next largest carrier leaks. I put oil in the asa before and after each day of play...i assume that will do for the on/off as it is all connected and the oil goes through the entire system...i will attempt the 'push bolt back' idea...though bashing it probably more practicle while under fire (beats taking off the egg, pushing back bolt, screwering back on egg...loosing lots of paint out of hopper). It may be just breaking in the orings still...i have put approx 3 + casses through it and it wa an ex-demonstration gun at the store so i guess about 5 to 6 cases. So no-one knows of the on-off causing any problems like this...I also have an Extreme Rge Preset on my bottle (not enuf $$$ for an adjustable yet) so perhaps a low end input is effecting it (about 750-800), thus not enough reactivity?????? I will probably post once i have 12 cases through it and post again :shooting:

no leaking down barrel, no mods to sear or anthing for that matter

5 shims in ULT, more won't fit as valve won't fit in the body without more bashing...which shouldn't have to happen...

athomas
11-16-2005, 10:27 PM
How many shims do you have in the level 10? Take them out and retune the level 10 for the correct carrier size. Have you tried a different carrier oring, just in case the one you are using is bad, causing you to use a tighter one than necessary to keep from leaking?

Also, check the gun using another bottle. It is possible that the bottle is not outputing as high a pressure as you think. If this is the case, then you may have recharge issues with the on-off pin.

Little_Ho
11-17-2005, 09:16 AM
i had very similar Probs here.

I tryed less Shimes and more Shimes. The Thing I did was.....

Put the Stock On/Off in to see if its really the ULT. And it was...

after a Game or two I decide to try the ULT again. So I put no Shimes in at all on the Beginning.
The Marker was Gassing up but nothing then Pressure behind the Trigger. No shooting. It start Shooting after i Put 3ULT and 2 Level10 Shimes in. But it was slow and the Bolt stuck sometimes. It did not restet complete. Kinda like the On/Off Pin would stuck in the Valve.
So I went and put one more Shim into it (ULT Shim) and oiled the Hell out of it. Ever since it works like a Charm.

Hope that helps

Little_Ho