PDA

View Full Version : Creamy Flatline Goodness...

davej946
12-09-2001, 01:41 PM
Hey Guys,
The UPS Fairy delivered my eBay-purchesed 47ci Flatline on Friday. The auction said it was a 68ci, but a 47 came. Either way, 140 shipped was a deal. So, like anyone on these boards would do, I hooked it up and went to play!

First off, the Flatline on an iFrame with the stock drop, VERY nice, VERY comfortable. I was thinking about swapping the 47 with the 88 I already have, not going to happen. The lower capacity is well worth the comfort factor.

The reg came adjusted to about 850 psi output, as close as I could tell. Those guages are hard to read...so small. I hooked it up, and chronoed. 233, 235, 230 or something in that range, very nice. Field limit is 250, so I decided to leave it there, not worth the trouble of adjusting.

In game, none of the inconsitancy problems I had with my Crossfire reg. I found myself short stroking when the xFire was on there, but not with the FL. Maybe I was getting better recharge? I dunno?

All in all, I have to say that I am VERY pleased with the flatline. It will be a fabulous addition to my mag, especially since the next upgrade is a ReTro valve!

PS - I would like to give a special thank you to Phil (cphilip) for checking out the tank on eBay for me. Phil - It was a 47ci not a 68ci as advertised. That's why it is a steel tank. Thanks for making feel better about my purchase.

Later,

X-Plosive
12-09-2001, 02:02 PM
I believe the 47cu is aluminum. I'm not positive though.