PDA

View Full Version : Questions and thoughts for the Save Mags "Crusaders"

lather
11-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Do Mags really need saving? Has anyone access to AGD's financial records, and has seen the books showing that AGD is on the verge of financial ruin?
Why do some on AO have a problem with AGD's business style when AGD itself clearly does not?

Did I miss the post where Tom Kaye or Zupe appealed to a select few here to start on a holy mission to help save their product?

Does anyone here have access to AGD's financial records, and have seen the books showing that AGD is on the verge of bankruptcy?

Maybe its a feeling of insecurity that some folks need massive amounts of reassurance that their marker of choice has to be wildly popular in order to justify ownership. A mag doesnt magically shoot any better or become more effcient if a crowd ooohs and awes at a mag and then immediately trade in their Egos and Angels for a ule Mag.

What if AGD is doing better now then it has for the previous 5 years or so? The Tac one seems to be popular with the scenario crowd, can anyone give accurate sales records besides AGD? They do seem to be running lean with low overhead, believe it or not they could be making a comfortable profit.

Perhaps AGD is settling in to be a niche company like PPS-- and if thats their strategy I dont see a problem with that at all. A gun doesnt have to be insanely popular and accepted on a massive scale to perform well for me.

If someday AGD does close its doors, believe it or not, it is not the end of the paintball world, there are other markers out there that are just as fun to shoot, built well, and are great performers.

Here's an idea, if AGD ever goes under, you can continue shooting your Mag!
It is not the end of the paintball world, your Mag wont self destruct, instead be satisfied that you own something with nostalgic, sentimental value that other knowlegable people can appreciate.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-17-2005, 12:35 AM
maybe it's the ever decreasing resale value on mags... then again all markers are getting cheaper and comming with more things that make you go "oooooh aaaahhh" Mags aren't going anywhere folks... cept my xmag and karta mag :(

Vex
11-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Do Mags really need saving? Has anyone access to AGD's financial records, and has seen the books showing that AGD is on the verge of financial ruin?
Why do some on AO have a problem with AGD's business style when AGD itself clearly does not?

Did I miss the post where Tom Kaye or Zupe appealed to a select few here to start on a holy mission to help save their product?

Does anyone here have access to AGD's financial records, and have seen the books showing that AGD is on the verge of bankruptcy?

Maybe its a feeling of insecurity that some folks need massive amounts of reassurance that their marker of choice has to be wildly popular in order to justify ownership. A mag doesnt magically shoot any better or become more effcient if a crowd ooohs and awes at a mag and then immediately trade in their Egos and Angels for a ule Mag.

What if AGD is doing better now then it has for the previous 5 years or so? The Tac one seems to be popular with the scenario crowd, can anyone give accurate sales records besides AGD? They do seem to be running lean with low overhead, believe it or not they could be making a comfortable profit.

Perhaps AGD is settling in to be a niche company like PPS-- and if thats their strategy I dont see a problem with that at all. A gun doesnt have to be insanely popular and accepted on a massive scale to perform well for me.

If someday AGD does close its doors, believe it or not, it is not the end of the paintball world, there are other markers out there that are just as fun to shoot, built well, and are great performers.

It is not the end of the paintball world, your Mag wont self destruct, instead be satisfied that you own something with nostalgic, sentimental value that other knowlegable people can appreciate.
Well said.

thefuzz
11-17-2005, 01:50 AM
maybe it's the ever decreasing resale value on mags...

Hey used mags cost more than used cockers now. I can't sell my 03 Cocker (with a few ups) for $175 when the thing cost me $275. I thing has had only a case through it and is practically brand new and there's still no market.

Actually the used paintball gun market has been flooded with Tippmans, Cockers, Mags, <insert other mech here>, etc. because now for less than $300 you can get a paintball gun that is garunteed to shoot 17bps without even trying! Now to me that sounds like a deal if I wanted to shoot that much paint. I don't. I want reliability. That's why I choose to have a Mag as my only semi.

Recon by Fire
11-17-2005, 03:27 AM
maybe it's the ever decreasing resale value on mags... cept my xmag and karta mag :(

Yeah, don't try to sell that Xmag....you will find their only value is your own appreciation of it or those who are not willing to pay anything for it :(

BigEvil
11-17-2005, 05:51 AM

QFT

stop whining buy a mag
11-17-2005, 07:33 AM

You're smart. I'd give you a dancing banana but you haven't shut up all the crusaders yet. When you do that I have many bananas for you!

Maggot6
11-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Well Said. I wonder how anyone will argue your points...

Lohman446
11-17-2005, 08:33 AM
You're smart. I'd give you a dancing banana but you haven't shut up all the crusaders yet. When you do that I have many bananas for you!

Its been said before, it never helps... I will point it out again people - if TK is satisfied with the company now, with its current standings and the current risk to reward ratio than it is acceptable. Its a privately held company, its success is measured by its owner, not stock prices / units sold / etc.

shartley
11-17-2005, 08:37 AM
I think “save the mag” discussions can be a good thing. And I don’t see how having them hurts anything at all. As for me, I could care less actually. I will toss out my opinions along with everyone else but in the end it does not matter since AGD will be the determining factor for that they do or don’t do. And whatever that is or is not will not affect me one bit. I like my RTPro but honestly have not used it in a game in 2 years.

phantomhitman
11-17-2005, 08:59 AM
im fine as long as rogue is able to tell me everything is alright and tuck me in :ninja:

I think people ran out of things to talk about in the forum so they decided to ask what/why/how/when/where can agd come back. Little does anyone know that mags will actually turn to brimstone and smoke if agd goes out of business, so shot em while you got em.

Automaggot68
11-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey used mags cost more than used cockers now.

To other mag shooters.
Last year I could have sold my intelli frame for $75.
Now one one wants it for $50 shipped.
It's just not happening.

Muzikman
11-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Ya kinda had me up until this part.

Sure, paintball won't go away (well, actually paintball as I knew it already has), but it's never a good thing when companies that have been around for 15-20 years and had such a huge influence on the game close their doors.

When and if AGD closes their doors, it will surely be a sad day in paintball and especially here on AO.

Automaggot68
11-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Sure, paintball won't go away (well, actually paintball as I knew it already has), but it's never a good thing when companies that have been around for 15-20 years and had such a huge influence on the game close their doors.

When and if AGD closes their doors, it will surely be a sad day in paintball and especially here on AO.

Quotin' dis'.

bentothejam1n
11-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Prices will always go down for any product
Look at the 04 matrixes... It just happens as things get older

UTDragun
11-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuzz
Hey used mags cost more than used cockers now.
yeah, I spent over 1300 in mine, now no one will pay 700 for it :cry:

I'm not convinced that when AGD dies, It will effect the paintball realm as much as people think it will. automags will be around for a long time as entry level and woodsball markers. AGD died along time ago as far as the speedball community is concerned. There arent many new threads on AO now that have to do with AGD. The ones about automags are dissapearing unless its some 3rd party upgrade or "look at what is new to me/what color should I get".

SlartyBartFast
11-17-2005, 05:24 PM
I can't sell my 03 Cocker (with a few ups) for $175 when the thing cost me $275.

And how long have you had it? Surely you've had more than 100$ use out of it.

yeah, I spent over 1300 in mine, now no one will pay 700 for it :cry:

:rofl:

How many commodities can you name that retain more than half their NIB price when being sold used.

But a 25,000$ car and try sell it for more than 70% (17500) of it's value the day after you bought it. Ain't gonna happen.

The drop in prices is just the market becoming more saturated and possibly people coming to their senses and evaluating the real value of used equipment.

GT
11-17-2005, 05:30 PM

I can say with 99.99% certinaty that TK is a millionaire. I started a thread, maybe a year ago, about the possible profit margins just for classic mags. Hell, there is a 100 dollar difference bewteen what AGD sells x valves at events and on thier website. To state the company is in fincial ruin is silly. My only concern is that it has been alittle to long since we have seen a new prodcut. Hopefully we are not in another period of AGD dormency.

Perhaps AGD is settling in to be a niche company like PPS

That is fine and dandy but AGD has a lot more overhead than PPS.