PDA

View Full Version : Zgrip or Ygrip?

slateman
11-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Anyone used both? Just wondering which you preferred

Automaggot68
11-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Anyone used both? Just wondering which you preferred

I prefer hybrid frames, and 90 degree frames.

I had a Z and a Y though, liked them both.

Unless you have a forgrip extender, your entire marker setup will revolved around your Z grip.

Loguzzzzzz
11-17-2005, 01:36 PM
I have both and use both. I personally don't have a preference but seem to have my best games with the "Z-Grip".

The Y may be a better choice primarily due to availability.

ThePixelGuru
11-17-2005, 03:26 PM
It's all preference, which means you gotta try both to make up your mind. If you can't find any to test out, as dumb as it sounds, do some mockups. Seriously, tape a paper towel tube to your gripframe at the correct angle for both and give it a try. It'll give you a better feel for it than looking at pictures. But no one of us can tell you what the best setup for you is.

giant1515
11-17-2005, 03:57 PM
As everyone else says - it boils down to preference. I haven't shot a Y, but i have a z on my classic mag... it's really comfy when shooting from tucked behind a bunker or crouched/contorted somehow, but about useless w/out lots of practice if you spend a lot of time on the standing/moving/on the run. Me, i'm big and have to really try (read pretzel up) to get in some of those small bunkers, so it works out nicely.

Now that i'm started playing again some i just want to get the Z electro'd somehow... man, guns have gotten fast in the 2.5 years i've been out.

craltal
11-17-2005, 05:15 PM
you mean something like this...

http://idisk.mac.com/cral/Public/BKO-left.jpg

buzzboy
11-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Craltal, That thing looks awesome. I want a frame like that for my BKO. There needs to be a drooling smiley.

giant1515
11-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Yeah, that would make me happy. :)

*files away for future knowledge and begins putting more pennies in the piggy bank.*

craltal
11-17-2005, 11:42 PM
it was licensed by Zenitram from AGD, however they discontinued them earlier this year and are sold out.

WARPED1
11-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Never used a Y, but I hated the Z. The Y looks like it would be nice.

Caffiend
11-18-2005, 09:09 PM
I did own a Y grip but sold it because it put the bulk of my flatline tank were my wrist should be. It made one VERY uncomfortable setup. I bought a Z and loved it. If you like foregrips, you'll have to get a foregrip extender. But I think one of Rogue's rails might be slotted far enough for a foregrip to fit.