PDA

View Full Version : Gas thru

tae
11-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Has there ever been a plan to make a gas thru rail for the Classic and X valves?

Theres this idea Ive kicked around about having a hidden hose. Im looking for opinions here, please fire away.

Vex
11-18-2005, 04:03 AM
You'll still have the hose sticking out to attach to the valve though...but the rest will be hidden? That might work and look pretty cool. I'll bet it could be done.

Automaggot68
11-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Has there ever been a plan to make a gas thru rail for the Classic and X valves?

Theres this idea Ive kicked around about having a hidden hose. Im looking for opinions here, please fire away.

I already answered this for you.
They did it on the Classic RT.
If they did it now, you wouldn't be able to swap out valves(the present ones), there'd have to be a completely new valve design to accomdate it as well, etc.

tae
11-18-2005, 12:15 PM
My idea hides the hose all the way into the valve. You would only see if out of the grip.
To give ya all a better idea to shoot at, the rail would come up covering the valve intake, the airline would be running through the rail and out the grip(or something, not the side o the valve).

Automaggot, I had revised what I stated to clarify my idea. I know about the RT and how its a different style bolt. With my idea you can keep the standard valve intake and still pull your valve out.

tae
11-18-2005, 12:33 PM
I know its not easy but Im ambitious!

Im glad your here, I wanted to ask you about this whole idea. For what you have heard, what are the major hangups with this? The part that Im not sure about are my idea for connecting the airline and valve, then a good setup to run out of the rail. So what stops the people who know better?

tae
11-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Well I have a idea on how to do it, I am curious as to the specifics for creating a good seal.

I am very appreciative of your advice, your expertise is really what I need.

I basicly have a good plan to conncet the airline and valve. The thing is Im sure someone has thought of this already, so what keeps it from working/happening?

SpitFire1299
11-18-2005, 01:54 PM
I guess its one of those things you will need to get used to. I run my macroline from my on/off asa to my valve. I also have it so my valve(right handed)connects to the left side of the asa.

:)

tae
11-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Make it myself? I was afraid of that ;)

Ive heard this question asked before, but where can you find specs on any of the rails? Another thing was how what are the psi and flow ratings for steel tubing of various sizes? I would like the airline to be solid as a rock, I just dont know the appropriate sizes so airflow isnt restricted. Numbers from a professional would be greatly appreciated.

I really would just like a way to verify if my design is sound.
:cheers:

tae
11-18-2005, 02:28 PM
I guess its one of those things you will need to get used to. I run my macroline from my on/off asa to my valve. I also have it so my valve(right handed)connects to the left side of the asa.

:)
Over the body or are all your hoses on the left side of your gun?

The hoses arnt something that I dislike, I actually like the look of them( Im weird I guess :D ).

tae
11-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Sure dose! :D

Theres one part that would have to be made, the rail itself is just covers it all up.

Where do I buy these specs? I cant get a hold of AGD but Im still trying.

The concept is really simple, the only real hangup is making sure the seal for the valve works. It has been done already with the RT so I know its possible.

To clarify, I am entirely unexperienced in what Im attempting. Ive never attempted to model anything for CNCing, and never done anything with HP plumbing. Wont stop me from blowing myself up though!

Thanks again for your help! Please keep it coming!

:hail:

Arstron
11-18-2005, 03:28 PM
This is somthing I have spent some time thinking on, just havent set my mind to doing it yet. I want to take a RPG Shadow rail (square and hallowed out), and drill holes in the sections that are milled out so that I could run a peice of hardline or macroline in from front to back. Then I was going to drill holes where my foregrip is and where the valve is so I could put a 90* fitting at each end of the line inside the rail, and so the threaded part of the fitting would stick outside of the rail. I would then attach another 90* fitting on each of them as well as 90* fittings on the valve and foregrip with a small peice of hardline or macroline going to each. I havnt decided on the best way to mount the fittings to the rail though, also I am not sure how I would go threw that part of the rail where the front frame screw goes into the body. I am not sure how weak this would make the rail either, if I dont sell my RPG mag, I will have to give it a try. :D

tae
11-18-2005, 03:38 PM
I dont know if Im reading correctly, but would you still have a 90° coming of the valve showing?

Har that gives me a silly idea!
Rouge, can I buy your rail specs from ya?

Arstron
11-18-2005, 05:00 PM
yeah, you would still see the 90* elbows coming out of the rail, foregrip, and valve, but it wouldnt be much showing.

tae
11-18-2005, 05:16 PM
I have the same idea basically.

My plan is to have a "special tab" coming off the rail over the air intake. With a grip the only hose youd see would be from the there to the tank. Hopefully I can make it as low profile as possible.