PDA

View Full Version : Removing/Installing IZE Lens

MoserMan
12-09-2001, 02:33 PM
I NEED HELP!
I got the top part off with no problem, but the two nose t- clips won't budge. I dont want to snap the mask by just pulling on it, how should I get it off?

I might as well ask exactly how to put the lens back on cause I'm sure I will have trouble there too:(

MoserMan
12-09-2001, 02:34 PM
can anyone give me a link with maybe a picture story that shows the best way to remove/install the lens?

ProjectMag
12-09-2001, 02:58 PM
You need to start at the nose area. Put the top back together and start at the nose. Pinch it together with two fingers and pull down (this may take some force). Once you get that, work your way around to the top. To put the lens back in, just reverse the way you take it off. Hope this helps. ;)

MoserMan
12-09-2001, 03:02 PM
Thats the opposite to what the directoins say but I'll give it a try
How do you pintch the nose part? It is hard plastic!

Load SM5
12-09-2001, 06:25 PM
If you go ahead and seperate the lower flex half from the goggle part it's a little easier. It allows you to flex the the goggle part and get the lense in a little easier. It always comes apart when I'm beating the thing against the wall whenever I try and change the rootin' tootin'! lense anyway.:D

Puddleglum
12-09-2001, 07:17 PM
If that doesn't work try Vasaline:D :p

Lobo
12-11-2001, 08:20 PM
I don't really know how many times you've tried to take out the lens, but the only advice I can give u is this:

-Following the instructions in the manual works fine.
-The first time it will be very tough to change the lens (I spent ALL afternoon removing it and trying to put it back, and I REALLY wasted my fingers, man :(), but each successive time you try to remove the lens it'll be easier (the plastic holes become bigger, etc.)

So, basically, all I can say is PATIENCE
Hope this helps :D

Ityl
12-12-2001, 04:30 PM
I start at the middle top and peel back the outer shell around the lense and work my way around. Gets easier with practice.

Load SM5
12-12-2001, 05:13 PM
Anyone tried one of those JT barrel plugs/lense removal tools? If so, can you tell me how to use the dang blang! things. I've tried every way I think it could work and I still resort to prying it off and removing 6 layers of fingertip.

spacemanspiff
12-12-2001, 06:26 PM
I use a small screw driver to help pry out the tabs on the lens from the mask. Just be alittle careful not to scratch the lens part. I don't worry about scratching the tabs. Its saved my fingers alot.

alf
12-12-2001, 10:05 PM
yeah...they really suck!

tip: keep the plastic backing on the lens until it is all put back together...this way, you will only have to clean ONE side of the lens...dont try to keep your fingers off the lens either...it will just add to your frustration...

like the guys said...just keep at it...i had to put mine down for about 2 hours and then when i picked it up again, i must have caught it off guard, because the lens came right out.

-alf

TITAN
12-13-2001, 10:09 AM
i would suggest getting the 32degrees spectra lenses they have little clips to hold the tabs of the lens in and they come off easliy when you want to take off the lens. i like mine makes cleaning very easy

capn' krunch
12-13-2001, 08:17 PM
I suggest getting V-Force gogs :D
It will take about 30 sec. to change lens and they have a better view.