PDA

View Full Version : When will the next AGD Tech Class take place?

Geoff Call
11-18-2005, 12:17 AM
I think I can talk my boss into sending me to a Tech class for AGD. I'd like to know if and when the next one will take place. PM me or fill the thread because I'd really like to take part in it.

Thanks,

Geoff Call
Paintball Charleston Store Worker

Kevmaster
11-18-2005, 12:26 AM
My guess is that one will likely never happen again **tear**

WARPED1
11-18-2005, 01:33 AM
Whenever TK releases his new project he's working on? I know he is, he said so! :)

peewee
11-18-2005, 10:53 AM
:D That would be very cool. Start rattling the chains maybe we can get them to do one. :ninja:

Geoff Call
11-18-2005, 09:53 PM
:D That would be very cool. Start rattling the chains maybe we can get them to do one. :ninja:

Count me and Skeeter in for a tech class.

Lets see something happen here, maybe we can work something out with the AGD remains and get another good handful of certified techs.

-Geoff Call

phantomhitman
11-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Do you practice dropping oil into the asa or something ;)

I heard these were few and far in between even when agd was "doing much better". Something about once a year and invitation only......

SpitFire1299
11-18-2005, 10:11 PM
I want to become an AGD tech too! :(

Muzikman
11-19-2005, 02:22 PM
The only true "Certified Tech" from AGD is from the factory tech classes which were invite only. The other classes at IAO and the like were more of a quick overview of the mag and then a more indepth look at a new product. This was more of a marketing thing than a true tech class. It created a group of people who now knew the ins and outs of the new AGD products. This means when someone at the field would have a problem, there might be someone there that could help.

Gunga
11-19-2005, 06:34 PM
The only true "Certified Tech" from AGD is from the factory tech classes which were invite only. The other classes at IAO and the like were more of a quick overview of the mag and then a more indepth look at a new product. This was more of a marketing thing than a true tech class. It created a group of people who now knew the ins and outs of the new AGD products. This means when someone at the field would have a problem, there might be someone there that could help.

This post reminded me of all the kiddies who made their AO title 'AGD Certified Tech' after they took one of those classes. :rofl:

BlackVCG
11-19-2005, 10:14 PM
This post reminded me of all the kiddies who made their AO title 'AGD Certified Tech' after they took one of those classes. :rofl:

You talking about me? :ninja:

Gunga
11-19-2005, 11:45 PM
You talking about me? :ninja:

Especially you! :p ;)

Geoff Call
11-21-2005, 03:32 PM
My colleague and my boss both have the "training certificate" thats all I really want. I know there is very little to tech on a mag "normally" but I've seen **** that'll turn you white so to speak here at the shop. I'd just like to go thru a course of some kind.

Muzikman
11-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Call Marcia at AGD and ask. I doubt there is going to be anything in the works, but I guess ya never know. And again, the public classes do nothing for you if you already have an understanding of the Mag, and the cert is just a piece of paper, more worthless than my Microsoft certs.

As a matter of fact, didn't the last public AGD tech class turn into a drinking session {wink} Mayhem {/wink}? I wish I would have skipped meeting up with my team and went to that!

Geoff Call
11-21-2005, 08:43 PM
...the cert is just a piece of paper...

I'm kind of the new tech at work and I replaced a really good tech in gaining this new job. So that worthless piece of paper means a lot to me. Not complaining about your comment though, I completely understand where you're coming from. For me it at least shows that I might know something... ya know?

Worthless to me is an intimidator tech certificate. They probably print those on the same tin foil the marker is made of:) jk

All in good fun, I figure the trip to AGD is worth it as well.

Cheers.

-Geoff Call

Thordic
11-22-2005, 08:53 AM
As a matter of fact, didn't the last public AGD tech class turn into a drinking session

Yeah, as soon as we showed up with the cooler :) Tom didn't seem to care though.

Muzikman
11-22-2005, 12:35 PM
I'll sell you my pieces of paper for $50 a pop. I think I have 6 of them. ;)

sleepingbeauty
11-22-2005, 05:44 PM
I have the pleasure of working with a former sattelite tech at his field, he has taught be pretty much everything I could ever want to know about working on mags. I consider myself to be lucky to teching with him. :headbang: :headbang: :rofl:

-Pat

Geoff Call
11-22-2005, 10:03 PM
I have the pleasure of working with a former sattelite tech at his field, he has taught be pretty much everything I could ever want to know about working on mags. I consider myself to be lucky to teching with him. :headbang: :headbang: :rofl:

-Pat

Sounds like Mr. Brad Nestle you're referring to. Maybe I'm wrong.:)

sleepingbeauty
11-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Sounds like Mr. Brad Nestle you're referring to. Maybe I'm wrong.:)

No, its Rod Demaris. He is an older tech, that hasn't been around since 2000 or so I think. He is good friends with brad though.

-Pat