PDA

View Full Version : Favorite play style?

WARPED1
11-18-2005, 02:49 PM
What's yours and why? Mine is Xball. Because it is fast paced and the non playing public can generally understand it.

68magOwner
11-18-2005, 02:51 PM
X-ball

chairman_mao
11-18-2005, 02:57 PM
I like pure rec. Generally the people are more laid back and there isn't as much of the nasty side of competition. I usually prefer speedball to woodsball as far as format but I'll play whatever

shartley
11-18-2005, 03:10 PM
I am purely recreational. The exact style is not important to me.

FSU_Paintball
11-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Xball/airball... I just always had a feel for it. Pure recreation as well, provided the people you play with are fun to be around :)

BD_Paintball
11-18-2005, 03:30 PM
air/x-ball for tourneys and working on your skills. Pure rec for just messing around

refugee
11-18-2005, 03:33 PM
I will play any format game, but I like to keep it on a recreational level. I do have a sweet spot for woods/scenario but I always play for fun competion is secondary.

can'tthink of1
11-18-2005, 04:14 PM
I like playing with people are now are cool, and won't overshoot/cheat. So in that sense, I prefer pure rec. I'm out there for fun, and if people are being idiots and cheaters, it's no fun.

Jeffy-CanCon
11-18-2005, 04:22 PM
I play rec pretty exclusively, preferring woods to airball fields.

My favourites are big games, though. Lots of play with little down-time, lots of room to move. You can play aggressively, or not, do missions, or not... whatever you choose. Plus, where else can you get the excitement of facing down a nigh-invincible tank, or being outnumbered 20-1? :ninja:

dahoeb
11-18-2005, 05:51 PM
i prefer woods/scenarios.
speedballs fun but after years of playing it, the replay value has slowly been depleting for me. after awhile all the games start blurring together and people do the same stuff with the same tactics every game. its still fun though.

i find myself enjoying woods and scenarios more and more. every game is unique and theres so many different tactics you can whip out. so i'd have to say woods/scenario. :)
(ofcourse this is all just my opinion ;) )

Skoad
11-18-2005, 07:00 PM
you sure are asking a lot of questions...... :shooting: :confused:

Coralis
11-18-2005, 07:19 PM
I prefer woodsball/rec/scenario play, its just too darn hot here in central florida most of the year to play speedball.

11 Bravo
11-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Scenario/woodsball

AutomagRT1483
11-18-2005, 10:01 PM
I love scenarioball. I love the idea of actually being in an all day fight. Gaining every inch of territory. I find that, in a way, when we do scenario games, we are paying a special tribute to the soldiers past and present. By re-living those events that they have taken part of thru paintball, it is another way to show are support for the troops and all the veterans out there. Plus, I love to command and play with hundreds. Small squads of course! But, I'd love to General one someday. ;) :D

phantomhitman
11-18-2005, 10:07 PM
For me, its the people I play with rather than the style. Always has been, always will be.

Stop copping out rogue, tell us your answer ;)

I would love to play xball but unfortunately I moved away from the closest xball field. I have only seen 1 xball "pickup game" played properly and that was in Greensboro at PBC (baltimore traumas home). Oh well, I will stick to airball.

WARPED1
11-18-2005, 10:12 PM
When I open my field/store, I'll be having an XBall league on a certain night.

Head knight of Ni
11-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Rec is very fun because it is mostly gunfighting. :cheers:

quik
11-18-2005, 10:14 PM
My favorite play style is the one where I'm winning.

Recon by Fire
11-18-2005, 10:42 PM
The poll is fixed! I couldn't vote more than once! I am happy playing woodsball, speedball, etc....as long as I play :) It's not what you play, but that you play!

buzzboy
11-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Recreational outlaw speedball with wood bunkers in the forest with nazis attacking me at all times and a giant X in the middle of the field.

I like Rec oiutlaw speedball but thats about all I have ever played.

Napalmic
11-20-2005, 05:23 AM
Stop copping out rogue, tell us your answer

Acorss it matters who you play with. Everybody can make anything fun. But anyway my answer would be airball, Hehe Just cause the people around here that i play with.

Thanks\
Napalmic :mad:

yakitori
11-20-2005, 08:06 AM
speedball/xball if I can find a good place to play that isnt an hour drive and has good fields. I play woods some too because I like the ppl at the field, but I much prefer faster gameplay.

warbeak2099
11-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Where's the "paintball" option? As long as it's paintball, I'll play it. Speed, woods, scenario, rec, everything. I play speed/xball mostly, but that's because all the other fields in the area closed down. The closest woods/scenario field is 30mins away and all the indoor rec fields have closed.

White_Noise
11-20-2005, 01:46 PM
i put speedball/xball down, but for seconds id say woods. i like switching it up from time to time, and have complete setups(with multiple markers) for both styles of play.

etjoyride
11-20-2005, 02:06 PM
I play recball almost exclusivley- modified woodsball courses turned into somewhat speedball fields. and a little bit of airball

JRingold
11-20-2005, 05:38 PM
I enjoy paintball. It doesn't really matter what genre of play. If there's people willing to be shot at and shoot back, I'll play.

As long as it's recreational. Well except the pump tournament that the club puts on.

Caffiend
11-20-2005, 06:33 PM
For me, its the people I play with rather than the style. Always has been, always will be.

AMEN BROTHER!

Whatever style my teammates want to play. Tournament, scenario (TAW Coming up in Dec :clap: ) or Recball. Haven't played X-ball...yet.

paint magnet
11-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Favorite style of play?

I like forepla...I mean uh, speedball. Yeah. Actually, it really doesn't matter to me, as long as the field is good.