PDA

View Full Version : ZackZel - check your e-bay account for hijack

Lohman446
11-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Zack, if you read these message boards more than you check your hotmail account I have reason to beleive your e-bay account may have been hijacked... I have a second chance offer from you that I do not beleive is from you.

I sent you the e-mail, and I need to say thsi Zack is a stand-up guy, a great trader, honest, and friendly. Noone should worry about him as a person That being said, the e-mail I got from e-bay (or a very good look alike), with your name and location on it, has every indication of not being from you.

If anyone has Zack's phone number, PM it to me, I seem to have lost it, or call him and have him check his e-mail.

Edit: Unless you were going to sell me that Russian Legion upped Timmy (originally listed by someone else on e-bay) for $400... then we need to talk.

zackzel
11-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Zack, if you read these message boards more than you check your hotmail account I have reason to beleive your e-bay account may have been hijacked... I have a second chance offer from you that I do not beleive is from you.

I sent you the e-mail, and I need to say thsi Zack is a stand-up guy, a great trader, honest, and friendly. Noone should worry about him as a person That being said, the e-mail I got from e-bay (or a very good look alike), with your name and location on it, has every indication of not being from you.

If anyone has Zack's phone number, PM it to me, I seem to have lost it, or call him and have him check his e-mail.

Edit: Unless you were going to sell me that Russian Legion upped Timmy (originally listed by someone else on e-bay) for $400... then we need to talk.

Thanks for the heads up Lohman, I definately didn't send you that, and will check out whats going on right now.

Lohman446
11-18-2005, 04:02 PM
When you get it cleared up let me know so I can delete this thread off, I have no intention of harming your name with it

zackzel
11-18-2005, 04:03 PM
Yeah something is definatly going on, I'm going to contact ebay right now. Once again thanks for the heads up. And to anyone who gets something like this for me do not respond to it or report it to ebay as this is not me.

Hexis
11-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Remember folks, the "From" address in email means literally nothing. You can not trust that information ever.

SCpoloRicker
11-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Good jorb, Lohman. :cheers:

zackzel
11-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I emailed ebay, I am going to call them them tomorrow if I don't get a fast response. I will post here when this is cleared up.

Thanks guys,
Zack

Automaggot68
11-18-2005, 04:24 PM
good jorbz, Lohman.

11 Bravo
11-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Also watch out for some kind of scam to get your paypal info. I dont know exactly what the person was trying to do, but I got an email with an ebay address saying that someone was trying to send me money for an item via paypal but was having trouble and needed my paypal account info. I didnt sell anything on ebay and the item address was bogus. :(

Recon by Fire
11-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Just a reminder: NEVER log into any account through a link provided in an email. These are scams called phishing. You will end up giving up access to your accounts! Always log into accounts from a new browser window you opened.

Jaan
11-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Yup, phishing ... it's easier to hack people than systems. People have this brainwashed reaction to authority where they just automatically give in. It's amazing what you can make people do if you just order them to do it.

warbeak2099
11-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Ebay is so much less secure than people think. Their customer service is nonexistant too. They're a bunch of dicks. I got a credit card number stolen through ebay and they opened a $5k paypal account. Ebay blamed it on me and when I tried to cancel my account they started billing me for posting auctions. They're a bunch of shysters. I obviously don't ebay anymore. Maybe if they get their heads out of their hind quarters I'll go back. But now I see it's still going on. Good luck to you zakzel. I hope your experience isn't as drawn out and painful as mine was. It took me about 2 years of telling them to sod off to finally get away from ebay's bs emails and payment requests. I hope your dispute gets settled quickly and painlessly!