PDA

View Full Version : wanting to upgrade a Automag classic

reddevil367
12-09-2001, 02:52 PM
Ok here's the question. I have a classic automag with expansion chamber. I run co2 because it's just to hard to get compressed air or nitro here. I was wanting to increase the firing rate and give it a better look. I'm looking for recomendations on how to do this and where to acquire the parts at a decent price.:confused:

Phatty
12-09-2001, 03:04 PM
2x trigger frame would be a good start.

Dave
12-09-2001, 05:08 PM
Stick with AGD aftermarket parts, they work the best since AGD knows their stuff.

Rate of fire increase-I am not too sure just how fast you can get on Co2, but Intelliframe or Z-grip for a frame, and the Retro Valve, but only if you use Nitro(make sure your trigger rod is properly set up by an AGD tech before you use it!)

Things to make it look good: Try to get a theme going. The theme on my mag is black/green. Different colored bodies, definitely powerfeed bodies, sight rails, a nice looking, nice performing barrel(Custom Products or Lapco Bigshot)

All these would probably help. Check the online store on the main forum at the top of the posts( its a classic post) to find some of these products. Email AGD at office@AGD.com( I think that is it) for a store near you that carries their stuff.

-Dave

Xzion
12-09-2001, 05:12 PM
As the suggestion earlier stated, a 2X trigger frame would boost you ROF a little bit, the AGD Intelliframe is probably the best upgrade 2X trigger frame... It'll preserve the short crisp trigger pull of your stock trigger frame, as its made to precice AGD specifications, but ive heard that certian foregrips wont fit with it, Seeing as I don't own an intelliframe myself, hopefully someone else on the boards will be able to tell if your ex chamber and an intelliframe will fit with eachother, otherwise you may need to get some sort of foregrip extender.

Puddleglum
12-09-2001, 07:02 PM
A good hopper will also increase feeding capabilities. I really like the Rikochet and the Warp. If you were to get one or the other, or both and a 2X frame you would be in business. Also an RT valve but those are pretty steep and you would need nitro.

reddevil367
12-09-2001, 08:44 PM
Thanx for the replies I already have a 9v revy hopper it helped things alot. I guess my main problem is the availability of nitro. We really don't play much besides rec ball. But I want to just have a little show and go . Not real sure about it all but I'll work on it. By the way I would also like a new barrel can you tell m about that.

[NA]WARLORD
12-10-2001, 12:23 AM
Personally i like the Smart Parts barrels, the best being the freak setup, thats a lil much for your set-up but if you want the best this company offers, that would be it. I f you want a great barrel try the All American 12/14 ", awsome barrel for price and lastly a tTeradrop will offer good perfomance at cheaper price. It really depends on your budget, how often you play and the conditions you play in to base the type of upgrades you add to your marker. A barrell is always the first IMO, then a decent hopper, then a tank. Something you forgot to mention, is it a power or standard feed? nitro is a great upgrade, but if you have a standard feed i wouldnt get a retro valve , i would change the body first.if you want something trick go to paintballgear.com, for 160.00, they offer a splash kit with a matching splash barrel, that would be trick and an upgrade all at once. Also a double trigger frame is nice. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!

reddevil367
12-10-2001, 03:12 PM
Well it's a standard feed at present. I have already looked into changing that. Once again I appreciate all of your helpful suggestions. As far as the money goes I'm not real concerned about price I just hate paying more than I have to.By the way I was wandering about the zgrip frame can you tell me a little about it.

PyRo
12-10-2001, 04:07 PM
Good hopper, warp feed, barrel. I wouldn't worry about the trigger frame because you cannot shoot too fast anyway on c02 unless its warm out. Unless you want a z-grip, they are cool :)