PDA

View Full Version : Pro Connect Users

Carbon Blue
11-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey, Im about to purchase a proconnect for my mag and had a few questions about it. I currently run a macroline setup on my mag and tank, will I have to switch to steel braided line? If iam able to run a proconnect onto my macroline setup does this take the place of the macro fitting on my xvalve?? or does it attach to the macro fitting somehow? thanks

mobsterboy
11-20-2005, 09:16 PM
pro connect, as in quick disconnect pieces? No, simply this setup, valve to 90 degree ss elbow, ss elbow to proconnect, pro connect to straight macro fitting, macro fitting to macro. The only thing that boggles my mind is taht macro is just like proconnect. So why?

GT
11-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Hey, Im about to purchase a proconnect for my mag and had a few questions about it. I currently run a macroline setup on my mag and tank, will I have to switch to steel braided line? If iam able to run a proconnect onto my macroline setup does this take the place of the macro fitting on my xvalve?? or does it attach to the macro fitting somehow? thanks

You can keep the marco if you like. Remember the female side is the side that keeps the line pressurized. You can run a 90* off of the xvalve, then screw the male end of proconnect into the 90*. add a straight macro connecter to the back of the female proconnect.

Carbon Blue
11-20-2005, 11:05 PM
pro connect, as in quick disconnect pieces? No, simply this setup, valve to 90 degree ss elbow, ss elbow to proconnect, pro connect to straight macro fitting, macro fitting to macro. The only thing that boggles my mind is taht macro is just like proconnect. So why?

because even with the tank turned off the valve still holds enough psi so that you are unable to disconnect the macro from the fitting.

thanks for the info

Carbon Blue
11-20-2005, 11:20 PM
http://splatzone.net/store/product_info.php/products_id/202

not sure if thats what Im getting looks like, but how are any of those ends able to screw onto a macro fitting? :confused:

paint magnet
11-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Right, just don't take off the macro, forget that the valve is still pressurized, and then try to remove it :wow:

Carbon Blue
11-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Right, just don't take off the macro, forget that the valve is still pressurized, and then try to remove it :wow:

what do you mean "just dont take off the macro" i thought the whole point of this pro connect mechanism was that you were able to bleed the air out of the valve so that you were able to take off the valve and leave the macro pressurized??

forget that the valve is still pressurized, and then try to remove it :wow:

what are you trying to tell me?? because it doesnt seem to make sense??

Lee
11-21-2005, 06:55 AM
a pro connect is in a way like a slide check. you disconnect from the marker at the pro connect and the pro connect keeps the line from the air source pressurized while allowing the marker itself to be degassed.

there will still be pressure in the air line from the air source despite the line being disconnected from the gun, therefore, you will not be able to remove the macro from any of the fittings until the line itself is depressurized.

Carbon Blue
11-21-2005, 11:24 AM
thanks for the explanation.

OEM Petey
11-21-2005, 11:31 AM
what do you mean "just dont take off the macro" i thought the whole point of this pro connect mechanism was that you were able to bleed the air out of the valve so that you were able to take off the valve and leave the macro pressurized??

forget that the valve is still pressurized, and then try to remove it :wow:

what are you trying to tell me?? because it doesnt seem to make sense??

i think he meant not to take off the macro... then forget that theres still pressure in the valve, and try and take out your valve with the pressure still in there.

Lee
11-21-2005, 07:27 PM
no problem. hope it helped.

Pha|anx
11-21-2005, 07:45 PM
I take it your using an adjustable non-bleeding tank, correct? Does it at least have an on/off?

Carbon Blue
11-21-2005, 08:50 PM
yup ive got an 05 inline max flo and its got an on/off on it but that left over pressure prevents me from working on the valve or disconnecting the macro. Getting this pro connect would help alot.

Tunaman
11-21-2005, 08:55 PM
The one in your link looks like the old Proconnect III. Dont get that one. The real ones are ALOT skinnier, and will fit on the valve side without hitting the body. The male piece is missing from the pic also, so make sure you are geting that piece too for 30 bucks, which I doubt. I have them here if you need one. ;)

Pha|anx
11-21-2005, 10:26 PM
yup ive got an 05 inline max flo and its got an on/off on it but that left over pressure prevents me from working on the valve or disconnecting the macro. Getting this pro connect would help alot.What style of mag body do you have? If you have an X/SFL breached body it is real easy. Stick with the macro and simply turn off your Maxflow, then take a allen key and stick the short end into the bolt and pull up. This will break you air seal venting the remaining gas and allow you to do maintaince.

Carbon Blue
11-22-2005, 11:16 AM
thanks for the info