PDA

View Full Version : Super Bolt, Plastic nubbins, Freak barrel report =]

rudy
12-09-2001, 05:31 PM
Well I recieved my freak barrel set a couple days ago and my super bolt with new plastic nubbins and honed spring. I finally had a chance to play today.
First problem the plastic nubbins are too big so my oring is getting caught in the eyes that are milled into my mini mag body. i wouldnt be able to take out the barrel fast without breakign the barrel orings also. I had to sand down the back support bump in the nubbins so make sure you do that anyone who gets them. So then I went out to play with my unltralite barrel so i would know if any problem was caused by the bolt or the nubbin. It worked good the bolt is lighter but most of the kick was still there cause of the reactive trigger and i only have a single trigger frame. I broke a ball in the 4th game part way down the barrel. so i swapped out the unltralite for the freak. It was hard to size the right insert up cause the balls were feild paint and the they were not very round. So they would get stuck in inserts that were larger then ones they just rolled trough. again i had a hard time getting the barrel orings caught cause of the orings getting but finally i did get it in and it shot well, very accurate for the rest of the day. well the way the games were going i was trying to shoot alot of paint but i only went through 500 balls. so far things went well i just need to deal with the plastic nubbins being to big. And I looked at the bolt after and it was barely worn. all though i noticed the sear was marking the bolt alot its been so long since i had a new bolt though i cant rememeber if that is normal