PDA

View Full Version : Ok.. I need a Cell Phone, MP3 Player, Camera. With new tech do I need 3 diff items?..

Echo419
11-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Alrite, I currently havea Treo600 For those of you who dont know, its a SmartPhone/PDA... Has Camera, Touchscreen, Full Keyboard, Pretty much like palm pilot... Has headphone jack, all of that good stuff... But it is outdated, Way under par camera (unsuable), and thats pretty much whats bugging me about that thing. Not to mention the guy who sold it to me didnt mention the LCD was 1/4 dead... So i am getting the 200 dollar refund for this.

So I am looking for an Mp3 player with enough space for enough songs... like around 2 to 4g's (willing to buy memory cards), Good quality camera 1mpxl+, LARGE Lcd, Good quality speakers... Kind of like the sidekick, or that New motorola Vx9800... But these phones are ungodly thick and have that whole open up keyboard scheme...

I don't necesarily need to get a cell phone with all of these features, but I need atleast something like that... I just wnat some new tech..

As far as Mp3 players go I was looking at the M:robe 500i
http://www.cnet.com.au/i/r/2005/mp3/hdd/22049420/sc007.jpg

Well i think you guys get the point of what I am asking about.. any ideas?

7Infamous7
11-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Well for phones i reconmend the new samsung d600, that has 2.0 mega pixel camera, can have transflash memory cards inserted (maximum is 256 mb i think :confused: ) and can play video clips, music and can store pictures. Oh and it can also record video. The d600 is the new "slide" type of phone.

Or if you don't like that style, get the new sony w800i, has exactly the same, except its the more traditional style of phone and it takes sony duo memory cards ( can go up to 2gb, so could be our mp3 player aswell?! )

I don't know anything about cameras so i can't help you there.

Umm well for mp3 players DON'T GET AN IPOD.
That mp3 player you've chosen looks good so i think you should get it

I hope i've helped you, if not, sorry i wasted your time

Well good luck :D

Ben

Echo419
11-21-2005, 03:26 PM
I think im going to look more into a multi function Mp3 player, and a more basic cell phone..

as I research a little more about multi function mp3 players, i'll make a thread like i did last year about the Ipod 20g vs the Iriver H10 with way to much info

I'll keep you guys Posted, the picture Player the Olympus M:robe 500i is a 20gb touchscreen player, with a camera. The Camera is crappy inside, as is the Treo 600, although the camera is 1.2mpxl... I am looking at some others, i will keep posted.

quik
11-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Go to Japan and buy a phone, then come back here.

Pretty much all cellphones in the USA suck ***.

Vodafone for the <3!!!!
http://www.sunakku.net/images/903white.jpg

Echo419
11-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Quik, I do not have the means to go to Japan, but i do realiez there superior technolofy... To to menton Verizon handicaps me

Hairball
11-21-2005, 09:38 PM
The VX9800 is an LG, not a Moto. One VX9800 is probably smaller than a random phone and another device.

I have heard nothing but bad things about the Olympus players.

If you're dead set on more than one gadget, look at the Palm Lifedrive. Palm software, 4gb micro-drive.

magman007
11-21-2005, 10:47 PM
ok first off, the mrobe is terribly thick, and rather useless. read some online reviews, and see for your self.

If you want an mp3 player, that is video capable, i cannot stress enough the idea of buying an ipod video. Ive got a 4th gen ipod, and i love it to death, no issues etc, and itunes is so easy to work with. also, the ipod has un questionaly the best user interface. i can drive and never look at the ipod, and be within 3 artists of the one i was looking for.

In reality, you are better off buying 3 separate items. Nothing is good enough combined yet, and usually when you combine things, they loose alot of simple function of the normal device that they are compiled into.

Cameras on phones and this stuff, is baisically crap. you arent going to get a good camera, on a phone or pda, not yet, nothing that is of any photo quality to ever want to use.

No mp3 player within a phone or pda is going to be worth it either, it will be more of a hassle than it is worth, might as well separate that one as well.

and phones, any phone with a full key board, or any thing to that sort, is going to be crappy to carry around. i hate using blackberrys etc, im much happier with my little samsung, my ipod, and my nikkon camera than i would be living with them all combined.

Vex
11-22-2005, 04:18 AM
Go to Japan and buy a phone, then come back here.
Then when you bring it back with you, it will be a useless piece of plastic...oh wait, you can take pictures and listen to music with it--but the phone will be useless.

The Japanese phones use different cellular technology than we do here in the U.S.

Echo419
11-22-2005, 06:27 AM
Ok to end the cell phone thing, I have decided just to fix my old Kyocera slider, the mainboard is chipped at the bottom causing it not to be able to charge... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OLD OR BROKEN ONES THEY WILL SELL ME!?

As far as the mp3 and camera go.. I dont know yet, I might just stfu and get a 3rd Gen 15g Ipod... And some nice thing large screen camera...

quik
11-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Then when you bring it back with you, it will be a useless piece of plastic...oh wait, you can take pictures and listen to music with it--but the phone will be useless.

The Japanese phones use different cellular technology than we do here in the U.S.

Oh wait, then how am I using it right now? Because I am. Not all do.

Automaggot68
11-23-2005, 04:01 AM
I dont see how you need those things.

Vex
11-23-2005, 06:52 AM
Oh wait, then how am I using it right now? Because I am. Not all do.
Good for you then. What provider do you have?

Thordic
11-23-2005, 08:34 AM

My friend has a Japanese version of the Motorola Razor that he got before they were available here. He uses it no problem, and he is on Verizon.

Glickman
11-23-2005, 11:38 AM
I have the lg9800:

http://www.rightmobiles.com/graphics/products/lg_9800.jpg
http://www.livingroom.org.au/cameraphone/LG-9800-tm.jpg

Mp3- uses mini-sd cards
Camera- 1.3 megapixel camera AND video camera
Phone- And an awsome phone at that

i also use it to download videos, and once u go to a phone with a querty keyboard, you dont go back :D

it ran me $299

Vex
11-29-2005, 05:15 AM
My friend has a Japanese version of the Motorola Razor that he got before they were available here. He uses it no problem, and he is on Verizon.
I stand corrected, there are some Japanese phones that work on American networks. They are most likely GSM. You can probably find some CDMA ones that will work with Sprint.

Echo419
11-29-2005, 06:34 AM
I bought the Olympus M:robe 500i... i've spent hte last 12 hours t rying to get my music onto it.... Thats all you really need to know... I also had it plugged in all night, and was told it was "out of battery"... i'll let you guys know

quik
11-29-2005, 09:40 AM
You're an idiot. You deserve all the trouble you put yourself into.

Echo419
11-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Haha why is that, its not a "bad" player persay, but my god is the software a damned thing... The way I see it, if i can just get all 18gb of my music on there, I wont need to constantly change it and have good software... But for what its worth the 200 is definitly worth what you get... I will keep you guys posted, but my first impression of the player is amazing.. But i have 30 days to return it, and I dont really care...

FooTemps
11-29-2005, 04:17 PM
mrobe had cool superbowl commercials... that's all that was good about it. other than that it blows.

I suggest the vaio mp3 player or an ipod or an iriver or something. (basically anything but an mrobe)

Echo419
11-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Alrite, well i have hte mrobe now... im givin in it a shot... if not ima go with the iriver prolly.

quik
11-29-2005, 07:17 PM
AO doesnt care anymore, so dont let us know what happens.