PDA

View Full Version : Your dumbest games stories.

chadcummings
12-09-2001, 05:38 PM
I have witnessed some dumb things in my paintball days and each game, I see dumber and dumber things. Here is my story for today...lets here yours.

Dumb Paintball Story
-------------------------------------------

I played today with about 23 other guys and right before the last game of the day, I had ran out of air. Since our two 50lb CO2 tanks had been replced with non-siphon tanks at the welding shop screwing up our plans to refill, I decided to go out in the last game as a decoy.

At the start of the game, I decided to lighten my load. I dropped all my gear at our start bunker and grabbed my newly aquired SSS (Silenced Super Stick). I then proceeded to go over the hill to the fields left and show just the top of my head hoping to draw some fire.

I maneuvered back and forth for the next 15 minutes drawing fire from 4 guys from the other team while I only had the stick.

I managed to run 1 guy out of CO2 and 2 others out of paint.

Moral of the story: If you've shot 500+ rnds at someone and they haven't shot back at you then there is something seriously wrong.

BTW: No trees were injured in the making of my SSS.

LawFox32
12-09-2001, 07:21 PM
prolly just a dumb question but what in the heck is a SSS?

chadcummings
12-09-2001, 07:24 PM
The first stick you can get your hands on that resembles a paintball gun enough at a distance that some fool will empty entire hoppers on you to "supress" you.

LawFox32
12-09-2001, 07:27 PM
After the dude ran out of air you should have ran after him and tried to "bunker" him w/ your SSS

BTAutoMag
12-09-2001, 07:28 PM
my dumb paintball story
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18637

IceCool32
12-09-2001, 08:15 PM
I share many players sympathy with stupidity stories....ok, here goes mine.

It was about two months ago at my local field in Peoria,IL. Paint N' Place, indoor field(itsy speedball field) and we had been playing for possibly 4 minutes and everyone on my team but me and my rec. ball friend were eliminated on our team. I told him to cover me as I moved up to center(none of their team was covering it). He hoped out and swept the field as I made it closer to the other teams side. When I slid into the bunker I heard my team-mate call out, and then suddenly heard a guy in the safe area yell "There's only one left".....So at this point I'm thinking great.....3 or so on 1, and they were grouped together(started with 5 on 5 teams). Then I heard and saw hundreds of paintballs nail my bunker and wiss past my head(I was tucked in very close). So I figure, hell they've got 3+2 packs, and 4 packs, so I'll just surrender, After I surrendered I found out each guy only had his hopper filled(they had shot the rest during the few games we played before)and had shot out most of their paint during the begining of the game most of them like pyschos on break.

None of them would have stood a chance had I known that they were all pretty grouped together, I could have snap shot at least two of them with a well placed grouping.

PRO_Ski101
12-09-2001, 08:19 PM
well this aint really a dumb story as much as it is a dumb manuever.alrighy here it goes!!!

i was getting fired upon by some guy with a shocker.I would've shot back but i only had like 20 pb's left.So instead what i tried to do was run from the bunker i was at and slowly creep up on him and bunker him HOPEING he wouldn't notice me.Well LUCKILY i got about 2 bunkers away with him still thinking i was about 5 away.i semi slowly started toward him.in between us was about a 5 1/2 foot tall bunker.I figured "well if i get enuf speed i can hurdle it". WRONG!!!!!!!! i got up to my full speed jumped and my back foot caught the bunker,I fell,landed on my gun,the dude saw me.AND GUESS WHAT.........HE unloaded what felt like his intire hopper on me from about 10 feet away.

well i guess that was a dumb pb story instead of a dumb manuever.LOL

joeyjoe367
12-09-2001, 08:20 PM
Heh, I got one.

I was playing' @ Splat-Attack on a Private group with a bunch of n00b Friends.

One guy i knew was standing behind a tree shooting @ anothe bud of mine a ways away. of course, he didn't see me, so i decided that I'd surprised him :D

Of course, it didn't work the way I wanted to. As I turn around the tree yelling "surrender!" I slip and fall backwards on my ***, Emptying about 1/2 of my hopper. He proceeds to tag me out.:(

It sucked.

barretc
12-09-2001, 08:30 PM
a day of rec ball......

The whistle blew and I made it to the front v=bunker as planned....and I got shot in the back of the head...and I quickly turned around in disgust to see a lil 8 year old kid and his rental gun shooting ( with his arm out of the bunker and his head int he bunker..not even looking where he is shooting.....) he managed getting 2 of our players out this way eventhough we were on the same team

joeyjoe367
12-09-2001, 08:36 PM
barretc, I had something simmilar.

More n00b friends were playin' with us at a differant field. None of them had played before.

Anyhoo, the whistle blows and we start running. After 2 seconds, they find bunkers to hide behind.

*NOTE* This was a fairly large field. Good enough for 25-30 people.

So, I'm about 10 Yards ahead of them trying to get them to move up, and As I turn around to yell at 'em. one of them shoots me in the leg cuz he thought I wasn't on the same team.

5 SECONDS INTO THE GAME. Didn't bother to look @ my armband or ANYTHING.

chadcummings
12-09-2001, 08:45 PM
Here's another one that happened just today...

I am laying in a good hide position and through a small hole I can see the area in front of me. I had two of my teammates that had just captured the flag to my right trying to make it to the other teams bunker when one of them gets taken out. The other one being a n00b yells at me,"Hey Chad, come over here I need some help", then proceeds in throwing a rock at me since he thought I didn't hear him...duuuhh..can you say lets tell the other team where I am.

Needless to say, I was only able to snap shot 1 guy out before 3 others shot me. As I caught up to my friend the n00b, and before we hit the safe zone, I made sure I cleared all the paint remaining in my barrel on him...oops, to bad I forgot to turn my powerfeed off and I had about 10rnds left.

MajorDamage
12-09-2001, 09:56 PM
Well I know a guy who gogged himself lol.
But I once won a One on One game at a pump tourney, and walked off the field without hanging the flag :(! The other guy got points for getting me out, and somehow he got the winning points :confused: .

ENDO!

Zo
12-09-2001, 10:08 PM
well, this actually happened today. so here it goes

Today i was playing open with 2 other friends, and a bunch of other people. It was speedball so off the break everyone sprinted to their bunkers. So i decided to try something diffrent. I just walked off to the side, set my gun down by the netting and just sat there. With about a min left I picked up my gun and just started walking down the sidelines like i was out. when i got to a bunker with another player in it i just jumped in and bunkered him, he just kind of sat there stareing at me in awe...even though i got lit up by their team, it was still one of the funniest things i've ever seen.

ThePatriot
12-09-2001, 10:14 PM
Yesterday, this is a very funny one...

Yesterday i was at my local field, we had combined 2 teams to form about 2 teams of 40 instead of 4 of 20, so we did a massive 40 on 40...well about 10 mins had passed and i was the furthest up player on my team, i was battling with these 3 guys behind the same bunker...and i see im down to 2 paint, so i try and draw fire, then suddenly i hear non stop shots, like hundreds(this happened last time i was there, same field, the entire other team does a full fledged suicide rush, sprinting and shooting) well the second i heard that im like IM NOT STICKIN AROUND FOR THIS...so i sprint back as fast as i can...i get hit 3 times in the back on the retreat but the stupid part was, as i was running i inadvertantly(sp?) got into one of the guys on my teams way and he shot me like 6 times in the chest point blank range...i didnt even feel it i was sprintin and adrenaline filled...it hurts today.

Same day, i was out and sitting behind the field watching cuz i didnt feel like walking around the lake to get back to the main starting place...so im sittin there and this kid comes out gogged and is like DAMMIT and is shooting his gun into the ground, hes like and i ran outta paint, DAMMIT, jumping around shooting the ground, then his hand gets in the way and he had one paintball rolling around inside(dont ask how) and he shot himself in the hand...it was the funniest thing i have ever seen....we were all like DDIIIICCCCCKKKK (for the mods...lets say DICK was the guys name...ok?) and it was so funny...

Same day, this isnt stupid just hurts, i got a bounce off the side of my neck, i bruised my damn lymp nodes in my neck and it hurts to move my head now, still had a GREAT time though.

biggins
12-09-2001, 10:32 PM
Playing on a heavy wooded field @ camp pendelton a friend and I decided to fight our way through the brush. After a bit we moved out onto a trail and bumped into a from the other team. In my friends great wisdom he sticks his finger in the guys barrel.

Had to get one of those finger braces for a couple weeks after.

I've also fallen into the river @ SC village.

Thordic
12-10-2001, 12:39 AM
Not teh dumbest thing I ever did, but funny...

This weekend, at the end of the day, me and Riotz were out of paint/air, so we decided to be moving targets for the other 4 guys we were with (3 of our non-AO friends and spacemanspiff). We tear off down the speedball field (John had Tunaman's shocker trained right at us, in turbo mode...).

Im getting shot to hell, and I decide to jump over the big pipe in the center (3' hyperball tube). It was rainy out, so I figured I'd kinda slide over the top. To my surprise, I ran into it, and instead of sliding over the top, kinda bounced off, and had to jump over and crawl over it without a running start. I got shot a couple times less than I should have on that because I think they were too busy laughin at me. A second later Riotz comes headfirst over the other end of the same tube and lands on his head.

I don't know what was dumber.. not being able to jump over a hyperball tube, or running around without a gun while someone shoots at you with a shocker turbo. *counts the 30 welts on my body* Hmm.. I think #2 wins :)

Mild 7
12-10-2001, 05:49 AM
I was in this 10 men speedball game taking point. Once I got to the center bunker, my gun went out of service. I was reluctant to leave the game, so I took out the balls from my hopper and started to throw paint at people with my hands. I managed to throw about 100 rounds before I got lit up. Interesting and stupid though.:D

clockworkmiller
12-10-2001, 06:29 AM
Ok, this isnt so much dumb as plain bad luck and hella funny.

My friends and I were playing on this really cool speedball field. With barrels and whatnot. Well, the wistle blows and we sprint out shooting. I poped one right in this guys mask, which was really funny cause i was using a spyder tl+ with the STOCK barrel (I was aiming at the guy next to him). Anyways, I spot this nice piece of cover as Im running, and slide downto get a good position. Well, I kinda slid a little too hard. The cover was a large plastic tube (about 3 foot diameter and about 10 feet long) on its side. When I hit it, it started to roll, fast. Apparently it was also at the top of an incline. So im rollin behind it, trying to keep cover, and I roll right past one of the other team's guys hiding in front cover. Didnt even see him till after the 4 shots bore into my back.

The ref said it was the funniest damn thing he's ever seen.