PDA

View Full Version : Viking or Excal HELP QUICK

NewMagMan21
11-25-2005, 02:13 AM
So I need to know quick

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=17025908#post17025908
or
zackzel's 03 green acid wash Excal... I dont know anymore on the excal but if anyone does could I get an opinion

atm743
11-25-2005, 02:24 AM
vikings and excaliburs are basicly the same other than the excaliburs are closed bolt (like a cocker)

i never shoot an excalibur but i hear that they are SUPPER SMOOTH.

they are a tad slower than a viking.

they are both great guns

if i was in your position i would get the viking though being that its an 04 and they are a bit faster and easier to upgrade with tadao

but excaliburs are MUCH harder to find and the excalibur that you said sounds nice.

do you know the specks on it and you you have any pictures??

Psycho Chicken
11-25-2005, 02:38 AM
I had a viking for appox. three weeks and like it vey much, fast reliable, easy to maintain. Then i promtley sold it to buy and excal, and have never looked back. Yes theyare a bit slower than the vikind, but that can be fixed with a tadao. They are butter smooth, highly efficent, and do shoot more like a cocker ( which is the part liked most). I also believe that they can run at a lower opperating presure. I have mine round 55 psi and no fsdo and it simply rails.

Biggest thing you can do for either one is to put a tadao in it. If you can't find one of those, then a pandora.

that's my two cents
Herb

Gunther_mag_user
11-25-2005, 02:44 AM
if i was in your position i would get the viking though being that its an 04 and they are a bit faster and easier to upgrade with tadao
I personaly would go with the excal. They are worth more than vikings. Who cares if it is "easier" to put a board that is very hard to find into a marker? If the excal has humphrey noids it will cycle over 20 bps. The cheapest excal I had ever seen as of 2 months ago was 700... I say excal all the way.

atm743
11-25-2005, 02:48 AM
I personaly would go with the excal. They are worth more than vikings. Who cares if it is "easier" to put a board that is very hard to find into a marker? If the excal has humphrey noids it will cycle over 20 bps. The cheapest excal I had ever seen as of 2 months ago was 700... I say excal all the way.

very true point

but what also pushed me more for the viking is that its an 04 and the excal is only a 03

i know theres not much difference other then the nubbing detends and some other small things and i never really seen an 03 excal go for more than 650

now if the excal is an 04 i would be all over it :D

NewMagMan21
11-25-2005, 02:53 AM
Well...Im not fully sure Im going to keep either gun for very long, so i dont plan to put any upgrades in either. I may but it probably wont happen...so what would have a high resale value and be the best for a short time.

atm743
11-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Well...Im not fully sure Im going to keep either gun for very long, so i dont plan to put any upgrades in either. I may but it probably wont happen...so what would have a high resale value and be the best for a short time.

excal for sure

Gunther_mag_user
11-25-2005, 03:07 AM
excal for sure
Exactly.

NewMagMan21
11-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Stats are 03 green acid wash
Humphrey noids
Mitey Max (what is this?)
25 gram trigger swtich
After market (trigger not even sure what it is)
Mathing javelin barrel
Nelson board (Nelson Board aftermarket...?any good?)(dont compare to tadao)

So whaddya guys think the Viking or this...last vote

atm743
11-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Stats are 03 green acid wash
Humphrey noids
Mitey Max (what is this?)
25 gram trigger swtich
After market (trigger not even sure what it is)
Mathing javelin barrel
Nelson board (Nelson Board aftermarket...?any good?)(dont compare to tadao)

So whaddya guys think the Viking or this...last vote

i hear that the nelson board blows

NOTHING COMPARES TO TADAO

NewMagMan21
11-25-2005, 12:46 PM
... :ninja:

But is the nelson board better than stock...so I can shoot it faster than the stock one?...and what is "Mitey max"?
(IM NOT GETTING TADAO)

atm743
11-25-2005, 01:21 PM

But is the nelson board better than stock...so I can shoot it faster than the stock one?...and what is "Mitey max"?
(IM NOT GETTING TADAO)

mitey max is a volumizer

Banshee23
11-25-2005, 01:31 PM

(IM NOT GETTING TADAO)

The nelson board IS the stock board. Which means the excal doesn't have eyes... I'd have to go with the Viking beacuse of the eyes. It'll cost an additional $225 to get the Excal upgraded with eyes & a pandora board. So unless the Excal's real cheap go with the Viking.

NewMagMan21
11-25-2005, 01:35 PM
both are 400

WenULiVeUdiE
11-25-2005, 01:39 PM
I would get the Viking. Not only is it a year "younger" but it comes with a Reloader B as well, which you can sell off to lower the cost. After you sell the Reloader B, the Viking could end up costing you as little as $350.

The Nelson board is the first board that was used in Excaliburs and Vikings. They aren't too great and can not be updated in any fashion. You can pick up WAS and Pandora boards for $50 and $75, respectively. So you can change that out if you wish.

The Viking is a better deal, but they are both excellent. Just remember, with the Excalibur, paint will roll out if the barrel is too big. So you may want/have to buy a barrel kit to help solve this problem. Or you could just use some electricaly tape. ;)

Either way, you will love which ever you buy.