PDA

View Full Version : How to stop runaway micro

hardr0ck68
11-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Ok so my brother recently bought a used Micromag with a retro valve. It is set up with properly tuned LX, and a stock retro/x valve style on/off (pin length as of yet unknown) . The issues, like the title states is it runs away, we run it with an adjustable at 800psi, but i can make it double or tripple fire/bounce all the way down to 500-450 psi.

Trigger rod has a healthy gap (about 2x credit card thickness)
There is no rail bushing, however it appears the micro is desinged to be used without one
I replaced the sear with one that shows very little wear (the old one looked more than alright), and the bolt looks good.

I dont understand it; we havent put it over a chrono since LX install, however it sounds a bit low if anything....Im stumped.

athomas
11-27-2005, 08:55 PM
An on-off pin that is too short will cause that effect. Maybe the sear is more worn than you think.

Geoff Call
11-27-2005, 09:59 PM
I need more information on how its firing. Is it just rt'ing from a sweet spot or is it going full auto in an uncontrollable manner when you hold down the trigger. There should be just 1x credit card distance between the sear pin and the back of the trigger as well. Let me know...

-Geoff Call

Arstron
11-28-2005, 08:25 AM
If it is going full auto every time you pull the trigger, check the small oring in the top of the on/off. Remove the on/off and the pin, you will see 1 small oring (either surrounded by metal or a bigger oring) still in the valve. Try replacing this oring. I loaned my RT out this past weekend and the guy started freaking out becuse he thought he broke it becuse it went full auto so easily. Anyway that was the fix.

It could be that the on/off pin isnt right either. I cant rember what size on/off pin the micromag uses, but if you search around on here im sure the answer is some where on here.

Geoff Call
11-28-2005, 06:08 PM
If it is going full auto every time you pull the trigger, check the small oring in the top of the on/off. Remove the on/off and the pin, you will see 1 small oring (either surrounded by metal or a bigger oring) still in the valve. Try replacing this oring. I loaned my RT out this past weekend and the guy started freaking out becuse he thought he broke it becuse it went full auto so easily. Anyway that was the fix.

It could be that the on/off pin isnt right either. I cant rember what size on/off pin the micromag uses, but if you search around on here im sure the answer is some where on here.

Also I've found that making sure the regulator seat o-ring is placed in the back half of the valve instead of in the regulator seat will keep it from going full auto. It's also safe to put 2 orings there just so the o-ring doesn't travel. Let me know how them apples taste:) good luck man.

-Geoff Call

nevets11_2003
11-28-2005, 07:44 PM
You said there was no rail bushing are you talking about the bushing that goes through the sear and body?
Also what type of micro is it?

hardr0ck68
11-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Its a removable barrel micro with the plastic detent; i think its a serier 3 micro or whatever. Yeah there is definatly no rail bushing, but i will be a red butt baboon if one will fit into the micro body.

I replaces all the ugly o-rings first thing. I think i need to put some calipers on the on/off pin; however i doubt it will do much good as micros are known for odd ball tolerances.

Longer on off is the only thing i can come up with as well. I know i gapped the trigger rod to long; however to long will only hurt the trigger pretravel (as far as i know) I added the extra distance to eliminate trigger rod length as a possiable cause.

Its not a touch the tyrigger full auto, you have to look and find the "sweet spot" but my little brother is fairly serious about playing clean...i have been tyellin him just run it; to hell with it trigger bounce is a nice way to keep up with rampers. But he wants to handicap himself...sigh morals in paintball; what a weiner i bet he wont even wipe a hit :p (J/K of course)

Coralis
11-29-2005, 09:03 PM
well you could put a classic valve in there then that way you wont ever have any trigger bounce. :rolleyes:

Geoff Call
11-30-2005, 12:49 AM
well you could put a classic valve in there then that way you wont ever have any trigger bounce. :rolleyes:

hehe, you could always replace all the o-rings. That will slow it down for a little while, till it breaks in again. :)

-Geoff Call