PDA

View Full Version : 06 Proto vs. DM4 size comparison pics

yakitori
11-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Dm4 looks big and tall compared to the 06s. Also it is a lot heavier too. Shoots great, but heavy.

Here are some pics I took comparing the size of the two side by side and overlapped.

You always see pics of one or the other and this will help if you are curious about the size of the 06s.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/paintball%20pics/IMG_0568.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/paintball%20pics/IMG_0569.jpg

WARPED1
11-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Nice, dem Protos is gone crazy! :p
I got to get me a Proto, they look great. How's it shoot stock?

slade
11-26-2005, 01:59 PM
nice! but do you have a REAL overlapped picture? in the first one the proto is lower, the grip frames/asas dont line up.

i actually sorta like the look of the proto in that picture, in the other pictures ive seen its just looked fugly. its a lot better than last years proto.

yakitori
11-26-2005, 05:12 PM
thats the best I could do. The ASAs actually are lined up. Its me taking the picture from a slight angle from above. It is still almost the top tubes height in difference.

I can take more pics, but not right now. Gotta change a baby diaper. ;)

mag88888
11-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Wow, all i can say is wow! :bounce: I knew the PM6 was small but not that small. And for this it gets a dancing banana!

:dance:

quik
11-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Not a fan of either :(.

OMG PLEASE DONT TELL ON ME YAKITORI!

yakitori
11-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Not a fan of either :(.

OMG PLEASE DONT TELL ON ME YAKITORI!

excellent post. I wont tell on you, but I know of one AOer that might. :ninja:

Crazy
11-27-2005, 03:05 AM
I take it the 06 proto has a integrated rail on the bottom of the grip frame?
That seems to make guns quite a bit shorter nowadays.

yakitori
11-27-2005, 10:08 AM
yes it is integrated. That still doesnt make a big difference in height. direct mount CP on/offs are the same height. It will still be one tubes difference almost. And it still is a lot smaller when you actually hold them. ;)

Automaggot68
11-28-2005, 05:20 AM
Hybrid Grips.
Just as I thought.

/sherlock holmes

yakitori
11-28-2005, 08:20 AM
hey moron, they are bunkerking grips. not hybrid. Get a life. and for the last effing time, hybrid doesnt make bruce lee grips. Good going sherlock, whered you park the squad car?

Zygote
11-28-2005, 09:06 AM
They didn't have squad cars then. Sherlock Holmes rode in carriages.

yakitori
11-28-2005, 09:12 AM

its a saying dillweed.

Thordic
11-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Yak, you are like an exhibit in a retard zoo. Do you even realize most of AO is pointing at you and laughing like a bunch of little kids giggling at a monkey?

Take better pictures next time.

Here, I realigned your picture so the bottom of the grip frames line up, and the difference in size isn't at all as much as you made it out to be. It's mostly shorter in the front and back, not the top.

http://www.thordic.com/images/dm6sil.jpg

SCpoloRicker
11-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Well, at least the last two pages of the Hybrid thread make a little bit more sense now.

/OMG Photoshop!!

MarkM
11-28-2005, 12:33 PM
I agree the pics could be better, they have been taken at different distances from the camera...much like a small fish is held in a way to make it appear it is larger ;)

http://www.eclipsewatches.com/12264/cougars/web images/matrix compare.jpg

*edit* just noticed Thordic you swapped the pic...oh well mine is in colour...took ages to cut the damned marker for an outline! Must practise more :ninja:

phantomhitman
11-28-2005, 01:35 PM
thanks mark and thordic, now people can get a real idea of the sizes.

Thordic
11-28-2005, 01:55 PM
*edit* just noticed Thordic you swapped the pic...oh well mine is in colour...took ages to cut the damned marker for an outline! Must practise more :ninja:

I colored it red to make it stand out more from the DM4.

Anyway, as for cutting it out, magnetic lasso is your friend :)

yakitori
11-28-2005, 02:54 PM
there is also the distance between the bottoms of the two regs, the bottoms of the two grip frames. And a good distance from the tops of the makers, add them up and its over a half inch.

Its a lot smaller than the DM4 for sure. Def. a lot lighter. And shoots better IMO.

thoradick. you are the organizer of the retard trip and are the bus driver hauling all the little AO kiddies to piont and laugh at monkeys....whats worse? :cool:

So you PS my two dimensional pictures, overlap them and say, "hey, they arent that different in size" :tard: have you seen them in person and compared the two? and by the way I lined up the bottom of the ASAs, not the grip frames. The reason is because when you hold your tank, the height of the marker is what matters. I hold my tank in the same place regardless of what gun I shoot, therefore that height is added to the top of the setup. I dont drop my tank another half inch as it is uncomfortable. ALso, the feedneck is further back as are the barrel threads making for a shorter setup.

All you smart ppl on AO shouldve noticed that.

Lohman446
11-28-2005, 03:55 PM
I love this. Remember the old DM4/5 vs Shocker debates

DM owner: That little bit of size doesn't matter

Now: Wow, look at the big difference between the height of the old and new one, that will make such a difference

:rolleyes: At least stay consistant.

quik
11-28-2005, 04:01 PM
This thread is amazingly retarded.

OMG A 1/2 A INCH IT MAKES IT SO MUCH BETTER.

SCpoloRicker
11-28-2005, 04:06 PM
there is also the distance between the bottoms of the two regs, the bottoms of the two grip frames. And a good distance from the tops of the makers, add them up and its over a half inch.

Its a lot smaller than the DM4 for sure. Def. a lot lighter. And shoots better IMO.

thoradick. you are the organizer of the retard trip and are the bus driver hauling all the little AO kiddies to piont and laugh at monkeys....whats worse? :cool:

So you PS my two dimensional pictures, overlap them and say, "hey, they arent that different in size" :tard: have you seen them in person and compared the two? and by the way I lined up the bottom of the ASAs, not the grip frames. The reason is because when you hold your tank, the height of the marker is what matters. I hold my tank in the same place regardless of what gun I shoot, therefore that height is added to the top of the setup. I dont drop my tank another half inch as it is uncomfortable. ALso, the feedneck is further back as are the barrel threads making for a shorter setup.

Can't. Put. On. Ignore.

Lohman446
11-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Can't. Put. On. Ignore.

It's like watching a train wreck, or looking to much at the stupid people about to play with the Tiger. You know you should do something, or at least turn away, but you just can't.

phantomhitman
11-28-2005, 04:46 PM
im in the conductors seat blowing the whistle
woot woot

I can get your a pic of my dm5, with a dm4, and a pm5, and then a pm6, and then a dm3, throw in a dmc, dig up the old shocktech dm5, and then teh shocktech dm5, then a dm6 on top. But then I would be called a dye trix whore and get booted of of ao.

Thordic
11-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Considering different people use different styles of ASA and different setups, comparing from the bottom of the ASA is terrible way to compare the size of the marker. You aren't comparing SETUP sizes, you are comparing GUN sizes. Hence, you would use a common point on both GUNS to base the comparison off of. Is this so hard for you to understand?

I'm not argueing the difference in weight, you can clearly see they shaved off a lot of useless metal. But as far as actual size goes, there isn't much difference. Somewhat less of a hump on the back. The front portion matters in weight only as the barrel goes there anyway. Location of the feedneck is back further but that effects balance, not size. The only real areas that are noticeable smaller are the reg and the bottom tube. Neither one of which effects the height of the marker.

If it does indeed have an integrated rail, then that would take a TINY bit of height off most setups, granted. But that has little to do with the height of the gun itself. All in all,a rather large savings in weight I'd imagine, which is a good thing, but a somewhat negligible size difference.

EDIT: as for hte barrel being farther back, whether or not the barrel sticks out an extra inch or not is of debateable value. Why not argue what barrel is better, 12" or 14"? Pointless.

phantomhitman
11-28-2005, 04:56 PM
I can tell you, without a doubt in my mind, that the pm6 is far easier to play with than a dm4. A lot lighter, much smaller, tighter profile. Easier to play tighter with, run with, and be face down in dirt playing a snake with. Shorter, more compact, and ligher, its a great gun.

yakitori
11-28-2005, 06:17 PM
I can tell you, without a doubt in my mind, that the pm6 is far easier to play with than a dm4. A lot lighter, much smaller, tighter profile. Easier to play tighter with, run with, and be face down in dirt playing a snake with. Shorter, more compact, and ligher, its a great gun.

agreed. Obviously thoradic has never seen or held one next to a DM4. He thinks the size difference is so small and negligable. right. Its over a lb lighter and way smaller.

and yes the bottomline does matter. They both have a rail/unimount style asa. The integrated one makes it a lot shorter. i didnt compare one w a drop to one w/o.

and lohmn makes some senseless post about what he may have seen someone ele type and credits it to me. size does make a difference no matter what you tell yourself. ;)

yakitori
11-28-2005, 06:30 PM
This thread is amazingly retarded.

OMG A 1/2 A INCH IT MAKES IT SO MUCH BETTER.

youre jealous cause you own an 05......buahahaha

dahoeb
11-28-2005, 06:50 PM
well,
at least yakitori posted some pics and tried to help. and he did have that 2nd pic with the markers positioned differently so you can get another perspective of the size differences. props to you yakitori for trying.

yakitori
11-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Ya, everytime I post, I get flamed. And all the while everyone just says.....

"AO hates you yak", or "I must be a loser w/ no friends, no job, etc." Or "im an exhibit in a retard zoo or whatever"

And all I do it flame? ya right. :tard:

SCpoloRicker
11-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Ya, everytime I post, I get flamed. And all the while everyone just says.....

"AO hates you yak", or "I must be a loser w/ no friends, no job, etc." Or "im an exhibit in a retard zoo or whatever"

And all I do it flame? ya right. :tard:

http://www.conjur.com/images/Humor/wahmbulance.jpg

MarkM
11-28-2005, 07:33 PM
I colored it red to make it stand out more from the DM4.

Anyway, as for cutting it out, magnetic lasso is your friend :)

I had thought of that but decided to go with the full coloured version as that had taken so long to do...I have Photoshop but don't use it (too many windows and options..one day I guess) that pic edit was done with Paintshop Pro which has it's version of Magic Lasso but mine is set too sensitive that was why it took so long to do.

Back to the thread topic...I agree with your follow up comment about things being pointless in some comparisions plus you are 100% correct to line the two up by the grip frame...which was exactly the way I did it, if wasn't for the fact that you swapped your original pic other readers of this thread could look at my editted pic and yours and think they were copies of each other.

Yakatori...no you aren't getting flamed for the sake of it. You just seem unable to grasp sensible debate and once again you have resorted to name calling...(well done Thordic for not biting)

slade
11-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Here, I realigned your picture so the bottom of the grip frames line up, and the difference in size isn't at all as much as you made it out to be. It's mostly shorter in the front and back, not the top.

http://www.thordic.com/images/dm6sil.jpg
thanks, thats exactly what i was talking about. the two pictures were set up to be exaggerated. id still take the dm4, its slightly bigger but thats not worth $500.

I can get your a pic of my dm5, with a dm4, and a pm5, and then a pm6, and then a dm3, throw in a dmc, dig up the old shocktech dm5, and then teh shocktech dm5, then a dm6 on top. But then I would be called a dye trix whore and get booted of of ao.
or, youd have a LOT of friends quickly. :ninja:

yakitori
11-28-2005, 08:50 PM
well I own both the DM4 and the 06 proto and I say it IS worth the extra money. Its not that much more than a DM4. A nicely upped DM4 is about 600-700 depending on ups. Only ppl sell them lower want to sell fast, and Ill bet they are selling them to get an 06.

So, Id pay 200+ extra to get the 06 simply because its smaller, lighter, shoots the same, better resale, and an all around better gun.

And as Ive said again and again. The 06 is about 2.1 lbs w/ barrel, reg. etc. The Dm4 is 3.2. Thats over a lb in the gun alone. It makes a difference in these areas:

running
snapshooting faster
carrying around all day
getting into a bunker tighter
playing front

I dont care if youd buy the DM4 instead. Go for it.

Have any of you seen or held both?

the pictures in the thread were not intended to exaggerate size. Stop being foolish. You guys are acting like I posted it like that on purpose. "oh ya, everything is a conspiracy" :ninja:

So please tell me, if overlapping the guns w/ one in front of the other decieves the size of the gun, how would YOU have taken the picture?

Lohman446
11-28-2005, 08:53 PM
I still say when all those advantages were attributed to a Shocker over a DM4/5 the DM owners argued they made minimal differences.

That 1lb, 99% of paintball players could loose a lot more than that without touching there equipment.

Not to say there not nice, but its the standard what I have now is the best thing ever invented syndrome.

yakitori
11-28-2005, 09:00 PM
I still say when all those advantages were attributed to a Shocker over a DM4/5 the DM owners argued they made minimal differences.

That 1lb, 99% of paintball players could loose a lot more than that without touching there equipment.

Not to say there not nice, but its the standard what I have now is the best thing ever invented syndrome.

I never said that. I never acted like they are the best thing invented.

All I did was post a subjective picture of the two guns for a comparison of the size. All the other nonsense is what you AOers have dreamt up.

MarkM
11-28-2005, 09:12 PM
I never said that. I never acted like they are the best thing invented.

All I did was post a subjective picture of the two guns for a comparison of the size. All the other nonsense is what you AOers have dreamt up.

Rubbish. You posted a picture that was badly taken (by you or not but they weren't identical in terms of perspective) and then complained about the way in which they were compared. When the answers didn't appear to go the way you intended/hoped for you resorted to name calling.

yakitori
11-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Rubbish. You posted a picture that was badly taken (by you or not but they weren't identical in terms of perspective) and then complained about the way in which they were compared. When the answers didn't appear to go the way you intended/hoped for you resorted to name calling.

liar. I ask you again>>>>> how would you have taken them?

If I was trying to decieve the comparison, would I have posted the side by side? I even said that the picture was taken from the slight angle above.

I didnt RESORT to name calling until Automaggot referenced the bruce lee grips as trying to make a connection to the hybrid has a bad day thread. And which they arent even made by hybrid as I stated in that thread. Yet he spams about it.

Then some dillweed gets called dillweed cause he gets a sarcastic remark about some stupid carriages.

Then thoradic starts w/ his flaming.

.....then AO blames me of taking the pictures w/ INTENT to decieve. :confused: wtf is that all about. Are you a bunch of fools?

You are turning out to be as bad as the teenie boppers on AO mark.

read through before you start your nonsense too.

And for the freaking record. I didnt take the pictures to intentionally exaggerate the size of anything. Thats foolish.

ANd I ask AGAIN......HOW WOULD YOU HAVE TAKEN THE PICTURES?

phantomhitman
11-28-2005, 09:24 PM
best way to take comparison shots is either lay them on top of each other or find a level surface and line them up at the grip.

MarkM
11-28-2005, 09:32 PM
liar. I ask you again>>>>> how would you have taken them?

If I was trying to decieve the comparison, would I have posted the side by side? I even said that the picture was taken from the slight angle above.

I didnt RESORT to name calling until Automaggot referenced the bruce lee grips as trying to make a connection to the hybrid has a bad day thread. And which they arent even made by hybrid as I stated in that thread. Yet he spams about it.

Then some dillweed gets called dillweed cause he gets a sarcastic remark about some stupid carriages.

Then thoradic starts w/ his flaming.

.....then AO blames me of taking the pictures w/ INTENT to decieve. :confused: wtf is that all about. Are you a bunch of fools?

You are turning out to be as bad as the teenie boppers on AO mark.

read through before you start your nonsense too.

And for the freaking record. I didnt take the pictures to intentionally exaggerate the size of anything. Thats foolish.

ANd I ask AGAIN......HOW WOULD YOU HAVE TAKEN THE PICTURES?

1. I suggest you re-read all my replies before you accuse me of being a liar!
2. Two pictures taken both the same distance from the camera would have been the ideal setting
3. No one accused you of trying to deceive, certainly not me.
4. Totally different thread and you started called Thordic names by badly spelling his name in a pretty lame attempt to get a reaction.
5. If you think I am as bad as the teenie boppers you are gravely mistaken.
6. I certainly hope that wasn't a threat aimed at me.
7. See #2
8. The internet is a place for information and mis-information so very often you will find something that you don't agree with so don't get irate when things don't turn out the way you hoped. You are obviously feeling rather raw overr the way you have been replied to in the other thread, don't carry those feelings over to another unrelated subject.

bofh
11-28-2005, 09:48 PM
1. I suggest you re-read all my replies before you accuse me of being a liar!
2. Two pictures taken both the same distance from the camera would have been the ideal setting
3. No one accused you of trying to deceive, certainly not me.
4. Totally different thread and you started called Thordic names by badly spelling his name in a pretty lame attempt to get a reaction.
5. If you think I am as bad as the teenie boppers you are gravely mistaken.
6. I certainly hope that wasn't a threat aimed at me.
7. See #2
8. The internet is a place for information and mis-information so very often you will find something that you don't agree with so don't get irate when things don't turn out the way you hoped. You are obviously feeling rather raw overr the way you have been replied to in the other thread, don't carry those feelings over to another unrelated subject.

um... so is Yak the way of the BANT? :)

quik
11-28-2005, 10:02 PM
youre jealous cause you own an 05......buahahaha

Sorry I sold it.

paint magnet
11-28-2005, 10:13 PM

True, but one pound makes a much bigger difference when it's being held a foot from your body rather than being directly a part of it.

yakitori
11-28-2005, 11:20 PM
I didnt call thoradic a name until he said I am some exhibit at a retard show or whatever. I had a good reason to do so.

And taking two pics separately at the same distance doesnt show a comparison. That is why I took a pic of the guns side by side, the same distance, in the same picture. They are both laying on the floor in my computer room.

Putting one on top of the other as others have mentioned will create an illusion of size. Only the guns are so close that it doesnt create that illusion. And if thats the case, then the 06 proto would seem BIGGER since its in the front. Therefore, i was not trying to make it look smaller through some stupid camera illusion as other have eluded to.

And so, I didnt not RESORT to name calling. I got defensive when someone starts the flaming. Automaggot first w/ the reference to the hybrid post about the bruce lee grips, which he is wrong about. And Ive said so time and time again, but ppl dont seem to get it.

Then thoradic making his stupid flaming remarks. Hence the change of his name because that is what he was being.

Hexis
11-28-2005, 11:45 PM
And taking two pics separately at the same distance doesnt show a comparison. That is why I took a pic of the guns side by side, the same distance, in the same picture. They are both laying on the floor in my computer room.

Not with long enough glass. Perspective compresion is quite good for a direct size comparison with a long (tele) lens. When the distance to the film plane (or digital sensor) is similar to for each of the items being photoed, which you can do with a long lens, the relative sizes will be maintained. Since the guns are not more than 1.5" apart, put the camera back as far as you can and use the longest glass (or setting) you have. Then line them up with a common point (like the bottom of the body).

Better yet, setup the camera on a tripod and put each marker to be compared in the same exact position (using long glass will also help eliminate distortion). Take an image of each and combine in some image editing program. You can make your life easier by using a uniform background that's a different color than anything on the guns. That will make dropping out the background easier.

Target Practice
11-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Oh yakitori, can I be next? Come on, do me next!

yakitori
11-29-2005, 12:55 AM
Not with long enough glass. Perspective compresion is quite good for a direct size comparison with a long (tele) lens. When the distance to the film plane (or digital sensor) is similar to for each of the items being photoed, which you can do with a long lens, the relative sizes will be maintained. Since the guns are not more than 1.5" apart, put the camera back as far as you can and use the longest glass (or setting) you have. Then line them up with a common point (like the bottom of the body).

Better yet, setup the camera on a tripod and put each marker to be compared in the same exact position (using long glass will also help eliminate distortion). Take an image of each and combine in some image editing program. You can make your life easier by using a uniform background that's a different color than anything on the guns. That will make dropping out the background easier.

why do you ppl have to analyze everything. Im not a professional photographer. My pics were taken w/ a canon powershot digital camera 3.2 megs. Im not going through that much trouble to prove to a bunch of ppl the size difference. If you cant see the difference from the pics Ive taken, then you are either really hard to convince, or you need glasses.

heres more pics to you "non-believers". I could care less what gun you think is a better value, or whether you think someone who thinks 1.1lb or so less in gun weight alone is not noticable. :rolleyes:

also, my 8 week old son got immunization shots in his legs (4, 2 on each thigh) and I will be away for a few days. If you want to flame someone or be immature, please, do it to each other.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/paintball%20pics/IMG_0578.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/paintball%20pics/IMG_0577.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/paintball%20pics/IMG_0576.jpg

yakitori
11-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Oh yakitori, can I be next? Come on, do me next!

why would I mouth off to you, when youve done nothing to insult me? I have no reason to insult you back. :D

yakitori
11-29-2005, 01:34 AM

okay, let me explain why I called you a liar.

You insist that I may not have even taken the picture, and that I complained about how they were compared. ????? sorry, but where the heck did you get that from. I was as nice as possible until the flaming emerged. And the picture was not badly taken. It was taken and EXPLAINED by me in the first 4 posts of the thread.

maybe YOU should re-read. I started calling names AFTER I was provoked.....as I usually do. PPl that are a sarcastic jerk get called names BACK.

as for the different thread argument. So what. Flaming is flaming whether somone comes into my thread and posts some crap that is OT and sarcastic based off of another thread. Its still flaming and sarcasm, and gets the same response as it would w/in that same thread.

and Uh....that number 8 goes for automaggot too. Dont carry over feelings from another thread. I had posted completely on topic until that OT flaming crap was brought over from another thread. ///sherlock? good one. :rolleyes:

and again, thoradic got the response AFTER he flamed first. If anyone needs to be banned for flaming its the ppl that keep instigating it, not the ppl that get defensive when flamed.

Army
11-29-2005, 02:02 AM

You insist that I may not have even taken the picture, and that I complained about how they were compared. ????? sorry, but where the heck did you get that from. I was as nice as possible until the flaming emerged. And the picture was not badly taken. It was taken and EXPLAINED by me in the first 4 posts of the thread.

maybe YOU should re-read. I started calling names AFTER I was provoked.....as I usually do. PPl that are a sarcastic jerk get called names BACK.

as for the different thread argument. So what. Flaming is flaming whether somone comes into my thread and posts some crap that is OT and sarcastic based off of another thread. Its still flaming and sarcasm, and gets the same response as it would w/in that same thread.

and Uh....that number 8 goes for automaggot too. Dont carry over feelings from another thread. I had posted completely on topic until that OT flaming crap was brought over from another thread. ///sherlock? good one. :rolleyes:

and again, thoradic got the response AFTER he flamed first. If anyone needs to be banned for flaming its the ppl that keep instigating it, not the ppl that get defensive when flamed.

OR....this may be a little tough for you, as it means you have to act like a *gasp* grown-up....

Try IGNORING those posts you don't care for, or simply answer them maturely. The Hybrid grip could have been answered; "They are Bunkerking grips". See how easy that was?

Your other replies could have been done the same way....but that wouldn't fit your agenda of being a PITA, would it? You've been banned before for much the same behavior, next time, we'll make it permanent. Balls in your court, play like a man now.

bofh
11-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Hybrid Grips.
Just as I thought.

/sherlock holmes

hey moron, they are bunkerking grips. not hybrid. Get a life. and for the last effing time, hybrid doesnt make bruce lee grips. Good going sherlock, whered you park the squad car?

its a saying dillweed.

Yeah, looks like a well reasoned response to being provoked...

/columbo mode

And one other thing...

I didnt call thoradic a name until he said I am some exhibit at a retard show or whatever. I had a good reason to do so.

Then thoradic making his stupid flaming remarks. Hence the change of his name because that is what he was being..

and again, thoradic got the response AFTER he flamed first. If anyone needs to be banned for flaming its the ppl that keep instigating it, not the ppl that get defensive when flamed. You must be new here.

Quick hint, after a Mod calls you to the mat expressing displeasure with your behavior, and cites a specific example... stop doing it.

It moves from being an insult to thordic to being a insult to the authority of moderation team.

bofh
11-29-2005, 08:12 AM
It moves from being an insult to thordic to being a insult to the authority of moderation team.

Then thoradic making his stupid flaming remarks. Hence the change of his name because that is what he was being.

Hmm, if your were to get on the bad side of the Mods...
And I'm only saying if, here.

They might take exception to this admited intentional bypassing of the cuss filter.

/columbo mode off

MarkM
11-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Hybrid Grips.
Just as I thought.

/sherlock holmes

Automaggots 1st reply in the thread...a dig perhaps but not a flame

Your reply

Your reply, which actually quoted the above

its a saying dillweed.

To me Dilweed doesn't mean a thing nastily, so I purposely overlooked this as a flame, plus you directed it at Zygote NOT Automaggot

This is a flame but for the continuity of the thread I left it alone...hoping it wouldn't get any worse...two cases of a ban in that one post alone, 1 very very minor and 1 not so minor

Yak, you are like an exhibit in a retard zoo. Do you even realize most of AO is pointing at you and laughing like a bunch of little kids giggling at a monkey?

Take better pictures next time.

This was Thordic's 1st reply and sorry a descriptive way of sescribing your actions is yes a dig but not a flame as such...you might have taken this to be a reference to another thread, it might be it might just be a reply only Thordic would know for sure.

I agree the pics could be better, they have been taken at different distances from the camera...much like a small fish is held in a way to make it appear it is larger ;)

My FIRST reply in the thread, note the use of words...read the first line/paragraph...this means maybe/possible/might be a case of badly taken pics that would have benefited from a better set up before being taken. Not a Flame just an observation.

Your 1st attack on Thordic, who didn't react in anyway what so ever. The driver of the Bus thing is excusable but the deliberate mis-spelling of his name is an attempt to get a reaction was what I was getting at about you resorting to name calling.

agreed. Obviously thoradic has never seen or held one next to a DM4. He thinks the size difference is so small and negligable. right. Its over a lb lighter and way smaller.

and yes the bottomline does matter. They both have a rail/unimount style asa. The integrated one makes it a lot shorter. i didnt compare one w a drop to one w/o.

and lohmn makes some senseless post about what he may have seen someone ele type and credits it to me. size does make a difference no matter what you tell yourself. ;)

2nd deliberate mis-spelling of a user name in an attempt to get a reaction after failing the 1st time

This last post by you is the 4th time you have mis-spelled a user name to get a reaction. I have quoted my own post where I said about the pics could have been taken better, you asked how they could have been taken and I explained how and above this is a very technical way to take those pics has been explained to you. At no point did I say YOU had NOT taken the pics (which now appears to be your basis for my lies)

Army has popped in and explained that the grips thing was easy to take as an answer but to quote a comedy duo from my side of the water "You wouldn't let it lie" (prize of nothing to the first american who can tell me who said that via pm's)

You have attempted to subvert this and another thread to you own agenda...which in this case means you are reading what you want to read and not caring for what is actually written. I gave you overnight to see the error of your ways but you perpetuated it by way of your replies so have a good Christmas and New Year and we will see you next year.

Stix
11-29-2005, 09:41 AM
True, but one pound makes a much bigger difference when it's being held a foot from your body rather than being directly a part of it.

Agreed. Yesterday I picked up some 14 oz. boxing gloves; was using 12 oz. beforehand. You can definately tell the difference after just warming up w/ them and that's only 2 oz. that's sort of a part of your body.

tranman
11-29-2005, 09:46 AM
It really doesn't take a genious to realize Hybrid and Bunker King grips are made by the same people/facility and machinery. They are identical in every way, shape, contours, idea. Who in their right mind would buy 2 sets of the exact same injection moulding machines to produce the same exact grips? Don't believe me? I will post a pic comparing the 2 after work.

phantomhitman
11-29-2005, 10:15 AM
You have a kid?! Wow, i thought you were a kid? :confused:

edit-i guess ill cya in 5 weeks

Lohman446
11-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Agreed. Yesterday I picked up some 14 oz. boxing gloves; was using 12 oz. beforehand. You can definately tell the difference after just warming up w/ them and that's only 2 oz. that's sort of a part of your body.

But, it would seem to me, boxing gloves require more constant movement than a paintball gun, and are not stabilized against the shoulder. Not to say that that one pound makes no difference but I still beleive the vast majority of us can improve further without messing with gun weights - we have other issues.

joeschmo
11-29-2005, 10:27 AM
It really doesn't take a genious to realize Hybrid and Bunker King grips are made by the same people/facility and machinery. They are identical in every way, shape, contours, idea. Who in their right mind would buy 2 sets of the exact same injection moulding machines to produce the same exact grips? Don't believe me? I will post a pic comparing the 2 after work.

that doesnt mean that bk and hybrid are working together. Dye stickys look like a lot of other grips too, but they arent made by the same company.

Calling someone a exhibit in a retard show IS flaming btw mark. I dont know what kind of rules you go by on AO, but its flaming. It doesnt have to be repetative to be flaming. Yak had the right to respond how he did.

You also insisted that the picture was not taken by him in your second post. I mean...cmon? are you serious are was that just sarcasm? In his first post, yak says.... pics that I took. Why would you say something like that. Do you not believe the guy?

And IMO the picture is not badly taken. There are so many pics from so many different angles and you guys are persistently provoking yak in A LOT of threads. Just about every one he posts in. Funny how ppl dont get banned for doing that to yak, but yak gets banned for being defensive to ppls personal attacks. just an observation. AO moderations needs to step up and take control of it in ALL threads IMO. Its turning into a flame fest in every thread. And yak has participated in some, and some he hasnt. You guys are harrasing him and its obvious reading through all the posts.

AND FINALLY ON TOPIC. I can tell the difference in size is definitely noticable. Its also enough to make the newer proto a lot lighter than the older models of matrixes.
Nice guns, I like them both. Now all ya need is an emag in there. ;).

joeschmo
11-29-2005, 10:31 AM
You have a kid?! Wow, i thought you were a kid? :confused:

edit-i guess ill cya in 5 weeks

to me that is flaming too. Why do you have to stir the pot? You are doing that to provoke a response.

phantomhitman
11-29-2005, 10:35 AM
to me that is flaming too. Why do you have to stir the pot? You are doing that to provoke a response.

Lets see, for the past year or so I thought yak was a kid (look at any of the posts). He makes a post saying he has a kid and I am suprised to see that, hence my response. I noticed that under yaks name it now says banned, so I had to edit my post. However, I am doing my best not flame you at this point.

:hail: the all knowing schmo

Lohman446
11-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Joe, I disagree with many people on here often. They are still people I get along well with and it does not fall into a flamefest. Yak seems unable to disagree in a civil fashion with anyone here, its not just me. There is a difference between disagreeing and instigating a flame fest. Do people give back as good as they get from Yak? Yes they do, and threads spiral downward. But he is a key point of that spiral, and often central to that spiral with several people. Although noone is perfect or has clean hands, Yak is a centralized part of these various problems with various people and, even after being warned, has failed to curb his behavior.

Though I HIGHLY question a new user name suddenly posting after Yak's ban in defense of him. Personally I hope for ban circumvention and a perma ban but that is obviously without the knowledge if they are in fact related SNs

joeschmo
11-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Joe, I disagree with many people on here often. They are still people I get along well with and it does not fall into a flamefest. Yak seems unable to disagree in a civil fashion with anyone here, its not just me. There is a difference between disagreeing and instigating a flame fest. Do people give back as good as they get from Yak? Yes they do, and threads spiral downward. But he is a key point of that spiral, and often central to that spiral with several people. Although noone is perfect or has clean hands, Yak is a centralized part of these various problems with various people and, even after being warned, has failed to curb his behavior.

Though I HIGHLY question a new user name suddenly posting after Yak's ban in defense of him. Personally I hope for ban circumvention and a perma ban but that is obviously without the knowledge if they are in fact related SNs

that last part is funny. :rofl:

phantomhitman
11-29-2005, 10:56 AM
I was also thinking that loh, but then again I always wait and see first. Oh well, :dance: for 06 protos and dm6s :shooting:

SCpoloRicker
11-29-2005, 11:19 AM
http://www.durf.org/log/archives/huge_manatee.jpg

Thordic
11-29-2005, 11:43 AM
I know what this thread needs that would make everyone happy...

http://www.thordic.com/images/monakedhoes.gif

phantomhitman
11-29-2005, 11:48 AM
wow, nakey people everywhere, oh the humanity....get it....ahahahhahahahahhaha

Lohman446
11-29-2005, 02:58 PM
that last part is funny. :rofl:

Considering your past posts content, your post dates, Yak's ban dates, your user creation date I didn't find it that ridiculous of an assertion of possibility.

joeschmo
11-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Considering your past posts content, your post dates, Yak's ban dates, your user creation date I didn't find it that ridiculous of an assertion of possibility.

yak is an idiot, how can you associate me w/ him based on a date. geez. :cool:

Eric Cartman
11-29-2005, 04:21 PM

Ahem (http://www.psycom.net/mchugh.html)

Lohman446
11-29-2005, 04:24 PM

Inability to read entirety of what is written and concentrating only on the portions one chooses too. Notice in addition to dates, in fact before dates, I listed post content.

/Could be wrong
//It has happened before
///Amazed? Me too

11 Bravo
11-29-2005, 04:32 PM

Flaming? :confused: :eek:

Lohman446
11-29-2005, 04:36 PM
Flaming? :confused: :eek:

Same as libel / slander - not if its true :D

FSU_Paintball
11-29-2005, 04:39 PM
I find it hilarious that he's even attempting to pretend it's not him behind that username.

SCpoloRicker
11-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Its going to be really hilarious once someone runs an IP trace.

/twiddles thumbs
//work.... meh.

Hexis
11-29-2005, 05:56 PM
how would YOU have taken the picture?

why do you ppl have to analyze everything. Im not a professional photographer. My pics were taken w/ a canon powershot digital camera 3.2 megs. Im not going through that much trouble to prove to a bunch of ppl the size difference.

Don't get pissy at me for trying to answer your question. I'm not a professional photographer, but I'm quite knowledgable about the technicial aspects of photography. You asked, I answered. Perhaps you should stop taking offence at everyting anyone posts, or just plain give up on the Internet.

SCpoloRicker
11-29-2005, 06:04 PM
Hrm. joeschmo started his account 10/30. Yak was banned by Army 10/23. Again today. Here's some typical postings:

Today, 07:27 AM
that doesnt mean that bk and hybrid are working together. Dye stickys look like a lot of other grips too, but they arent made by the same company.

Calling someone a exhibit in a retard show IS flaming btw mark. I dont know what kind of rules you go by on AO, but its flaming. It doesnt have to be repetative to be flaming. Yak had the right to respond how he did.

You also insisted that the picture was not taken by him in your second post. I mean...cmon? are you serious are was that just sarcasm? In his first post, yak says.... pics that I took. Why would you say something like that. Do you not believe the guy?

And IMO the picture is not badly taken. There are so many pics from so many different angles and you guys are persistently provoking yak in A LOT of threads. Just about every one he posts in. Funny how ppl dont get banned for doing that to yak, but yak gets banned for being defensive to ppls personal attacks. just an observation. AO moderations needs to step up and take control of it in ALL threads IMO. Its turning into a flame fest in every thread. And yak has participated in some, and some he hasnt. You guys are harrasing him and its obvious reading through all the posts.

AND FINALLY ON TOPIC. I can tell the difference in size is definitely noticable. Its also enough to make the newer proto a lot lighter than the older models of matrixes.
Nice guns, I like them both. Now all ya need is an emag in there. .

Today, 07:31 AM

10-31-2005, 08:59 AM
I havent noticed much a balance difference between the two markers in question here.

For what you do to one marker, you must do to the other if you are comparing kick between them. So if you compare a viking w/ a bull barrel on it, then the bull barrel must be put on the DM to check it. Dont slap a bull barrel on a viking and then an ultralite on the DM. I still dont think that would matter though.

on another note not mentioned earlier. What mods can you do to a viking to lower kick? None, other than cut the bolt back off. Cant even do that on the 04. What can you do to lower kick on the DM4? Orange bolt, evolve bolt, and any other bolt mods that dont really effect kick like the 530 mod, which is easy and free, and the tape, or tophat mod, that takes all of 10 seconds to do. Those mods arent extensive at all. The 530 just cuts off the two bars on the bolt guy allowing for better flow through the bolt and the tophat mod just decreases the volume of the dump chamber and is supposed to give better efficiency.

Thing is that these mods work against each other kinda. one decreases the volume of the dump chamber, and the other increases it. The mods are very simple and free to do. The orange bolt however is not free, but very simple to replace.

10-30-2005, 07:03 PM
eh ehm.....mags. looks are preference. Its just a bad job. Look at the pic w/ the eye covers the bottom of them are blah and screwed up and exposed. the intenal eye hole is exposed which prolly means cleaning if you get shot on the side of the gun there.

the slit in the back between the tubes is

so, correction, youll take ugly poorly designed cnc tubes over a sexy 3d body anyday.

also, it looks too much like a old school trix. Why not juts mill it like the old ones?

Yup. No way thats the same guy. None at all.

/ping!

joeschmo
11-30-2005, 12:15 AM
I know yak. I play at the same field and have met him on multiple occasions. Hes a nice guy despite the way he gets defensive online.

That doesnt mean I AM yak. I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to say I am.

Also, I disagree w/ him on some things, but I also agree w/ him on some things.

And just to make a point, according to the ban thread, yak was banned for 7 days on 10-23 right? I registered on the 30th which would be at the end of his ban. Why would he do something like that? wouldnt he be allowed to just go ahead and post? Maybe its just me, but you guys are pressing the issue pretty hard.

And you are wrong. :cheers:

Target Practice
11-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Why would he do something like that?

I'll take "Parachute Accounts" for $1000, Alex.

Eric Cartman
11-30-2005, 07:30 AM
I'll take "Parachute Accounts" for $1000, Alex.

Very good TP, that's our daily double. The answer is "AO members who have an aversion to spelling the word "with".

Also, I disagree w/ him on some things, but I also agree w/ him on some things.

\just sayin'

phantomhitman
11-30-2005, 08:51 AM
lmao :rofl:
<-----sucks at jeopardy

joeschmo
11-30-2005, 09:19 AM
so everyone that doesnt type out with is yak?

Lohman446
11-30-2005, 09:20 AM

Everyone who goes on active post streaks only when Yak is banned gains attention :D .

Tell you what though, I'll play along. Don't act like an idiot and I'll accept that you might be someone else.

/Still don't think so though

Thordic
11-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Yes.

Eric Cartman
11-30-2005, 01:00 PM

Of course not. And not everyone who is driving a white Ford Bronco while being chased by the cops has just murdered his wife and her lover, but it does look suspicious...

\still just sayin'
\\chewbacca is a wookie

SCpoloRicker
11-30-2005, 04:53 PM
http://static.flickr.com/6/7917038_c7c8472b35.jpg

/?

Eric Cartman
11-30-2005, 04:59 PM
http://static.flickr.com/6/7917038_c7c8472b35.jpg

/?

Exactly!

cdacda13
11-30-2005, 05:02 PM
IP check solve this pickle.

Eric Cartman
11-30-2005, 07:49 PM
IP check solve this pickle.
Apparently IP's are different, but that doesn't prove anything. It is evidence for the defence though :D

joeschmo
11-30-2005, 07:58 PM
my god guys, I cant believe you are still talking abuot it. Im not yak for god sakes :p

SCpoloRicker
11-30-2005, 08:09 PM
my god guys, I cant believe you are still talking abuot it. Im not yak for god sakes :p

*crosses fingers*

/obvious

Commissar_Loki
12-02-2005, 04:00 AM
Do what they used to for witch trials. Throw him off a cliff. If he falls to his death, he's normal. If he flies away and lives, he's Yak.....

There may be a fatal flaw here but I don't think most of those posting would mind the outcome.

tyrion2323
12-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Whatever,

I like the original pics. The new Proto6 is the first Dye-made proto that has appealed to me, and Yak's pics really cultivated the urge for me to rob some rich guy and buy a PM6 :p

sleepingbeauty
12-02-2005, 04:19 PM
This thread was blown way out of proportion. I think he was just showing a comparison of the 2 guns. Does it have to be perfect? Its not rocket science, why does everything have to be so percise. It seems like people search for threads they can argue and flame in. I have played with both yaks dm4 and pm6. Even with an orange bolt in the dm4, the pm6 is still quieter. Its lighter and overall a way better gun than a dm4 in my opinion.

Everyone getting defensive and flaming everyone seems kinda childish in this thread though, it was just a simple comparison. If you don't like the way it turned out, go buy both the markers and see for yourself...

-Pat

Lohman446
12-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Everyone getting defensive and flaming everyone seems kinda childish

Flamed for being defensive with Yak.

/Can you say irony?

sleepingbeauty
12-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Flamed for being defensive with Yak.

/Can you say irony?

Can you say jagermeister?

SCpoloRicker
12-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Can you say jagermeister?

Yes, but I can't get that umlaute thing to work. ;)

/every thing would have stayed mellow if all just acknowledged that YAKITORI IS NEVER WRONG STFU STFU!!1

joeschmo
12-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Yes, but I can't get that umlaute thing to work. ;)

/every thing would have stayed mellow if all just acknowledged that YAKITORI IS NEVER WRONG STFU STFU!!1

where did he say that?

chefstevie
12-02-2005, 05:27 PM
where did he say that?

i think its him... :rofl:

sleepingbeauty
12-02-2005, 05:28 PM
As soon as everyone realizes that everybody is different, and has there own opinions. The sooner people will quit thinking they know everything about anything. Its hard to say anything nowadays in the forums, cause everyone takes everything to heart and starts flaming contests. If some of these people talk to people in real life like they do on here. Then I feel sorry for the people who have to put up with that. I would not stand for it, as they would not be around me.

Express opinions not enforce them....

-Pat

SCpoloRicker
12-02-2005, 05:44 PM
where did he say that?

Well, I'm convinced.

Lohman446
12-02-2005, 06:03 PM
As soon as everyone realizes that everybody is different, and has there own opinions. The sooner people will quit thinking they know everything about anything. Its hard to say anything nowadays in the forums, cause everyone takes everything to heart and starts flaming contests. If some of these people talk to people in real life like they do on here. Then I feel sorry for the people who have to put up with that. I would not stand for it, as they would not be around me.

Express opinions not enforce them....
-Pat

So, Yakitori gets banned from a forum because, over a course of time and not just a single thread he could not express an opinion different than someone else's civilly.

Then his "cheering" section shows up to defend him, some of whom were never participating members of the boards and have the tenacity to say something like that.

:rolleyes:

mobsterboy
12-02-2005, 06:39 PM
all i have to say is, taht if he weighs as much as a duck, then he floats and is therefore yak...
Enjoy guys, but lets face it, you guys did do this with some hatred toward him after the hybrid/countless other flames he's had. So its kinda like taht whole thing with a bunch of ppl stabbing one guy, the person holding the knife last is the culpret, and yak definitely had the knife on this one

sleepingbeauty
12-02-2005, 06:40 PM
So, Yakitori gets banned from a forum because, over a course of time and not just a single thread he could not express an opinion different than someone else's civilly.

Then his "cheering" section shows up to defend him, some of whom were never participating members of the boards and have the tenacity to say something like that.

:rolleyes:

You don't make much sense to me, but I am pretty stubborn so you probally wouldn't. I am going to drink jager! You should try lightening up and having a good time, instead of having a thumb up the butt thinking your the paintball board master answer tech.

-Pat

Skoad
12-02-2005, 06:45 PM
why haven't these threads been locked yet. I'm sick of seeing them. :cuss:

SCpoloRicker
12-02-2005, 07:15 PM
You don't make much sense to me, but I am pretty stubborn so you probally wouldn't. I am going to drink jager! You should try lightening up and having a good time, instead of having a thumb up the butt thinking your the paintball board master answer tech.

-Pat

Pat, I think that sounds emminently reasonable.

Lohman446
12-02-2005, 07:18 PM

-Pat

:confused: Ricker, your going to have to explain it to me. How does being stubborn have anything to do with intelligence and "getting" it? Using "Im stubborn" to explain why you "don't get something" that was reasonably well written might exemplify the intelligence of why you don't get it I guess...

Eric Cartman
12-02-2005, 07:44 PM
And this thread continues to rock!!!!eleventyone!!1

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1910/dioface8wb.gif (http://imageshack.us)

FooTemps
12-02-2005, 08:04 PM
yak = newb. lawl

yak, for future reference when you get back from bannage, here's an example of what you could do for your next great size comparison thread.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/footemps/hdfsgd.jpg

Notice how I took two pictures of the pens in approximately the same place. Even though they are warped and I didn't bother to show them at the same scale (I used goddamn paint okay?), you can still see a size comparison since I included a grid and a ruler.

/thread of the year
//5 starts
///3.236534 thumbs up

bofh
12-02-2005, 08:30 PM
yak, for future reference when you get back from bannage...

Ah, you haven't heard the news. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2040088&postcount=129)

Ja, a perma-ban.

joeschmo
12-02-2005, 09:38 PM
AO went to crap after TK left.

you guys are stupid.

bofh
12-02-2005, 11:19 PM
AO went to crap after TK left.
"Join Date: Oct 2005"

O RLY?

joeschmo
12-02-2005, 11:26 PM
"Join Date: Oct 2005"

O RLY?

:tard:

FooTemps
12-02-2005, 11:41 PM
:tard:

joeschmo + AO = WTF NOEZ

SCpoloRicker
12-03-2005, 12:20 AM
:confused: Ricker, your going to have to explain it to me. How does being stubborn have anything to do with intelligence and "getting" it? Using "Im stubborn" to explain why you "don't get something" that was reasonably well written might exemplify the intelligence of why you don't get it I guess...

I'll go ahead and pre-emptively accept your apology. You know, since we're obviously both part of the horrid and insidious nosferatu. What, with our traditions, rituals, and whatnot...

It'd take several weeks for us to arrange seconds so that we may have a proper duel. You understand, of course.

/I think your meter may be broken
//LOL at der Waldorf's post... YA RLY

Lohman446
12-03-2005, 08:04 AM
I'll go ahead and pre-emptively accept your apology. You know, since we're obviously both part of the horrid and insidious nosferatu. What, with our traditions, rituals, and whatnot...

It'd take several weeks for us to arrange seconds so that we may have a proper duel. You understand, of course.

I'll travel for a proper duel. Do you prefer swords or pistols? :D It wasn't a slight at you, it was my hoping you could explain how stubborness was a measure of intelligence. I don't get it, perhaps you do?

:cheers:

/Swords
//Or pistols

AO Moderation Team
12-03-2005, 08:29 AM
This thread has degenerated way too far from the orginal subject and now serves no purpose so thread closed.