PDA

View Full Version : Great new rule at my local field

chadcummings
12-09-2001, 10:38 PM
One way we have stopped n00bs from shooting someone that is dead as they walk off the field, is we started a new rule that says basically:

if you are walking off the field and are shot, after you have placed your barrel plug in and have your hands and gun up, you may then walk up to the person that shot you and finish him off, which puts them out as well.

We had never used this rule until today. One kid, about 16 years old, kept shooting everyone several minutes after they had called out. He even shot his dad like this on 2 occasions. After about the 5th warning, and the second time his dad had been shot by him, his dad walks up to him and unleashes the most massive one-sided fire fight from about 15ft away on him.

Everyone stood up and laughed for about 30seconds as this happened because it was so funny.

Then, not 2 games later, the same kid did the same thing again to someone else. This time someone on the same team lobbed a grenade in his lap and soaked him with paint.

I have never seen that much blue paint in my life.

Cliffio
12-09-2001, 10:42 PM
thats the stupidest rule, the kid should be repremanded then if he continues to do it kick him out for the day
shooting people at point blank range is a stupid form of payback

thats stupid, sounds like people that run taht field are newbies themselves

DrEvil
12-09-2001, 10:43 PM
i dont know how thats gonna pass. effective though, definately effective. yikes. why dont they just line the kid up in front of a firing squad?

Miscue
12-09-2001, 10:43 PM
Hahaha. That should be an official rule everywhere!

FooTemps
12-09-2001, 10:46 PM
I think that rule is dumb... what if a little kid tk's his whole them then shoots them up some more? His/her skin color would changed to purple...

DrEvil
12-09-2001, 10:47 PM
hey Foo, dont let your parents hear that one dude

chadcummings
12-09-2001, 10:49 PM
It wasn't point blank...I said 15ft...:)

How would you like to be shot by someone as you walk off the field...the 1st time..ok...the 2nd would really torque you off.

Especially since he was about 15ft from his day the 1st time when he shot him. With his arms up and barrel plug in. Right in the gut.

Cliffio
12-09-2001, 10:55 PM
i still think the only reason to get shot from that close of range is if your bunkerin someone, or maybe if the bunkers are that close, but to just shoot someone to teach them a lesson?
thats not really what its all about, if he doesnt obey the rules kick him out
remember the old saying, two wrongs dont make a right

DrEvil
12-09-2001, 10:57 PM
and if the payback shooting doesnt work you get to take the kid out back and drown him.
Cliffios right, 2 wrongs dont make a right, but 3 lefts do.

FooTemps
12-09-2001, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio
i still think the only reason to get shot from that close of range is if your bunkerin someone, or maybe if the bunkers are that close, but to just shoot someone to teach them a lesson?
thats not really what its all about, if he doesnt obey the rules kick him out
remember the old saying, two wrongs dont make a right

I agree with cliff. That rule gives paintball a bad name...

biggins
12-09-2001, 11:09 PM
I'm pretty sure their insurance wouldn't pay out if someone got hurt by that rule either.

Good in concept bad in practice. Best bet would be just kick the kid out, if he does it again ban him from the park.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-09-2001, 11:38 PM
there is no way that could be an official rule for any field. insurance would never cover that. that must have been a ref that just got annoyed by the kid and allowed it.

Russ
12-10-2001, 09:10 PM
I think a better thing to do would have been to throw the kid out, and then daddy should take his gun away for a while! :mad:

TefMag68
12-10-2001, 09:23 PM
I once shot a guy out and before he left the field he told his friends my exact position. So as he was walking off the field i squeezed off 3 shots right into his backside. I've never seen anyone jump so high in my life, and he kept his mouth shut after that.

FooTemps
12-10-2001, 09:37 PM
I never give away positions. I just say what was going on in the area and an estimate of about how many guys were where I was.

mag_pbg
12-10-2001, 09:39 PM
i like it were you said that if you are shot when you walk off then you can shoot the other person and they will be out, but if you just had were if you shoot someone when they are out, then the perosn who was shot after he was out could decide if the person who shot him late would be out or keep on playing.

MajorDamage
12-10-2001, 10:32 PM
Well I personally don't care when I'm shot leaving the field. I mean, it happens kinda ofton, and I am way beyond the point to where I actually care. I mean if I get shot like in the ear(happened a couple weeks ago) that kinda ticks me off cuz I have rubber earflaps, but its no big deal.

ENDO!

dawump
12-10-2001, 10:55 PM
I'll shoot someone if I see them giving away my position after they have been marked.

I think that is OK. Dead men don't talk - so if someone is talking, then they can't be dead, so they gotta be shot again.

Talking on the way out is a form of cheating.

Keith

FooTemps
12-10-2001, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by dawump
I'll shoot someone if I see them giving away my position after they have been marked.

I think that is OK. Dead men don't talk - so if someone is talking, then they can't be dead, so they gotta be shot again.

Talking on the way out is a form of cheating.

Keith

I agree with that. It's really dishonest and gives the other team the advantage. I sometimes do that in a way. I just say if there are a lot of guys when I get hit or not... I never tell people an exact number or locations just "There are a lot/few players and so and so got hit"

dawump
12-10-2001, 11:39 PM
I thought that most fields had the rule that if you are hit you can't give away your paint - because your dead, and you can't talk - because your dead.

Bang. Your dead. No communication AT ALL.

Keith

FooTemps
12-11-2001, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by dawump
I thought that most fields had the rule that if you are hit you can't give away your paint - because your dead, and you can't talk - because your dead.

Bang. Your dead. No communication AT ALL.

Keith

I know but I still do it sometimes...

ArthurDent
12-11-2001, 10:19 AM
heres a interesting story

on sunday we are playing attack and defend at local park in cali and me and a friend are in a bunker chiling team is doing a good job holding them off then all the sudden we hear "get the guy" "get the red guy" my friend snap shoots and hits this guy about 3 times in the arms and chest at about 20-30 feet well it was on of the refs playing a joke on another one watching the game... Well anyways the ref come over to us and asks what paint collor we are shooting my friend says he is is sorry and all and the ref says its coo. well about 3 minuets later out of no where 3 paintball hit me and the tree next to me none break but i cant figure out where they came from, finally just figure it is somsone lobing them over the fort next to us ....then about 2 more come and i know alots going on so still guessed lobs because none where breaking or were anyware close together or close to me. 1, 2, 1, 1,hit the tree and bunker over the next few minuets. Then 2 hit me. Well i stand up and look over the hill and the ref was sitting in the middle of the dead pile shooting me from the hip.

Thordic
12-11-2001, 10:38 AM
If you shoot the ref, I say he should get his revenge :)

A couple times when I played at Fireball Mtn. the refs would take your gun and shoot you with it if you did something really stupid. I thought that was a good way to teach the important rules :)

Dragoon
12-11-2001, 11:39 AM
A paintball marker should never be used as a form of punishment.

If while I was reffing, anyone unloaded on another player for any reason like you've mentioned they would be packing up their gear and going home. There are other ways of stopping someone from shooting dead players.

It's actions like these that hurt the reputation of paintball and make me embarrassed to say I love the game.

mac2k4
12-11-2001, 03:50 PM
sounds like a buncha newbies, a ref shooting you back, thats his job, to get in there, watch a nppl game and look how many hits the judges get.
and about shooting dead people, well if i'm shooting at some one and a dead guys is walking through, i'm not going to stop and be distracted by'em, if i hit'em, i hit'em, he was on the feild,but one thing i can't stand is when somne1 gets shot up, and trurns and starts shooting back...

magic55
12-11-2001, 03:56 PM
haha thats great. not for the person getting shot from that close but for the people who have to put up with getting shot. lastweek when i was playing the dumb___ on my team kept hitting me in the back of my head. i would have loved to have that rule. haha thats funny:D

AngelBoy
12-11-2001, 04:48 PM
Rules about getting shot when u r out would totally screw up dead man walks. If u get shot live with it. I kinda like the tihng that happenned, but only because it was his own dad that got shot so its not like his parents are gonna sue or anything.

FeelTheRT
12-11-2001, 04:54 PM
that rule is pritty dumb. People don't shoot people that are gone on purpose. It happens. If I got to shoot back at some kid that accedently shot me while reffing I'd be poor cause i'd use so mch paint...

hardr0ck68
12-11-2001, 05:11 PM
lol lol i could only immagin that rule in the nppl hand book next year, Billy Ciranski (is that how its spelled?) would have a feild day!! but yeah that really makes our sport look like a bunch of 3 year olds to me. First off over shooting dose sometimes happen get over it without crying. Second off there are plenty of peniltys for it already, the refs should take care of it, if its one person doing it repeatedly as was the case here talk to the refs, or the feild owner...if that dosent work plaster him on the feild FAIRLY, an elliminated player should for NO REASON fire his marker...60% of the time it just looks bad for him and ruins the game for others, 40% of the time all hell breaks lose! I recomend finding a new feild to play at.

12-11-2001, 05:43 PM
Being shot on the way out is a female dog but it doesnt bother me. But what really irks me is when the refs give away your position in scenario games. Its one things to be shot 5 times by a newbie than to be shot 15-20 by a tank. This happened both at the liberty big game and the Survival Scenario the refs were telling the tank where we were and it both ended up with my whole chest/side/back/and worst of all gun welted and inguns case covered in paint. This has happened to me about 4 or 5 times the rest were purely my fault. :rolleyes:

Worst part is breaking out the q-tips and having to clean all the paint out of cockers pneumatics and grooves and holes and etc. Thank god I got a mag no pneumatics to get covered in paint :D

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-11-2001, 11:55 PM
i was playing some speedball about 2 weeks ago. i was at the fifty and i had one guy at the back of the field. there were 3 of them left i believe. they had me covered pretty good, but i was still trying to move up. eventually i got shot as i was poking out to snap. knowing these guys were noobs. i called a ref over for a check, he confirmed i was out and yelled to the other team i was out. i held my gun up over the bunker and got shot about 3 times. the ref and i yelled again that i was out. hoping that this would be enough for them to know i was done(obviously i knew it wasn't), i stepped out the side of the bunker only to recieve to shots to the head, one on the ear. i was so pissed. i can't believe i didn't light that guy up. he was so horrible, he was halfway out the bunker. after yelling a few choice words in frustration, i walked off the field. the one guy on my team held out pretty good. but eventually he got overrun. before the game ended, the ref came over and was telling me that the guy that shot me called him over and asked how pissed i was. the guy got pretty scared(i'm a pretty big kid and i was yelling some "nice" things at him). he came to me after the game kind of reluctant and apologized. by this time i was cooled off and i thanked him for apologizing. just reminded me of it, thought it was kind of funny.

TefMag68
12-12-2001, 10:17 AM
This rule is really stupid. I mean most of the time when you get shot walking off you have No idea who it was anyway. What if someone on your own team shoots you?? then obviosly you don't want to go over and light them up that would even hurt your team more. Usually when you get hit walking off its just stray shots anyway.