PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid mode and NPPL

Rob @ DNR
12-09-2001, 11:40 PM
Hello all, I have been searching for a while now with no luck. My team shoots e mags, and we are going to be playing in a few of the NPPL events this coming up season, along with Skyball and some of the WPF circut. My big concern is about the Hybrid mode on our e mags. Is it tourney legal? I have set up the triggers on our E's, that in Hybrid they are basically full auto. I have no problem shooting in pure elecro mode, but would hate to get yanked for cheating if we use Hybrid. Any info would be great. thanks.

Cliffio
12-09-2001, 11:43 PM
i believe that the basic rule of the NPPL is if u can shoot ONE shot over the chrono, your cool
its just the guns that shoot two or three on "one" pull
like if it bounches, thats illegal

hope this helps

Cliffio
12-09-2001, 11:45 PM
also, i dunno if they allow you to switch modes on the middle of a game, thats not allowed either, just like u cant do it on an angel
because it isnt NPPL legal

Webmaster
12-10-2001, 12:16 AM
You can switch from Hybrid to Electro to manual. Its not that you are changing modes - but meathods of operation - they still all run semi auto.

Hybrid mode and the RT are legal, unless you set it up so the gun "runs away". Sounds like that is what you are doing - and yes - that wont be allowed at any tournament that catches on.

RobAGD
12-10-2001, 12:18 AM
Actually, you can change modes from E to M during a game, as its not changing the gun from Semi to another "mode" of fire it just changes what the gun is atually firing on.

At least it never been brought to my attention and I played 3 NPPL's last year with my Emag.

Other than Bill C telling me my trigger was humm how did he put it.... Mildly illeagle :) I need to de tune it a tad to make him happy.

-Robert

kilo776
12-12-2001, 07:03 PM
watch out for team x-h cause we are going to the top