PDA

View Full Version : Blocking numbers without caller ID?

Huskie_American
11-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Wondering how i can block a certain someone(ex g/f) without caller id? Is there any hope? She calls day after day, and all i can do is answer, hope its someone else, then when its her...hang up. Its getting really annoying, she moved away, so i cant just go over to her house and kill her(jk). So my final question is: How can i block a number without caller id? Thanks guys!

slade
11-29-2005, 09:22 PM
posting her name and phone number here should do the trick.

...although im guessing that would be illegal. i hate it when that gets in the way.

FreakBaller12
11-29-2005, 09:25 PM
isn't that *69 or am I just silly? :confused:

Huskie_American
11-29-2005, 09:40 PM
isn't that *69 or am I just silly? :confused:

That calls her number back... :(

I do think posting her name and phone number is illegal, besides i just want her to stop calling me. I dont want to make her life a living hell, you AO fold are creative :ninja:

beam
11-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Old school call screening.

Just let every call go to the answering machine. If it's not her, pick up.

billybob_81067
11-30-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a way to block a specific number from calling, you'll just have to call up your telephone company and find out more.

I know if you did have caller ID you could have it set up so that "unavailable" numbers would have to release their info before it would ring through.

Also if you want to call someone with an unavailiable number you hit *67 before you call.

lots of crazy crap you can do on the telephone

skife
11-30-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a way to block a specific number from calling, you'll just have to call up your telephone company and find out more.

I know if you did have caller ID you could have it set up so that "unavailable" numbers would have to release their info before it would ring through.

Also if you want to call someone with an unavailiable number you hit *67 before you call.

there is way way more than that.

Huskie_American
11-30-2005, 03:50 PM

So i hit *67 then call her number and she wont be able to call back? Im not the smartest person out there, took a few to many hits to the head...

billybob_81067
11-30-2005, 11:21 PM
So i hit *67 then call her number and she wont be able to call back? Im not the smartest person out there, took a few to many hits to the head...

No, if you want to call someone and have your number not show up on their caller I.D. then you dial *67 before you dial. but you have to do it before every call.

They can still call you back... it doesn't block them.

Skife, I know there's way more than that, that's just all I could think of off the top of my head

:)