PDA

View Full Version : Deep blue topic about 'Mag pressure

SpitFire1299
11-29-2005, 10:09 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25877

I was looking around and i saw that topic.

60 psi for the mag and the impulse
95 pis for angel
45 for matrix
110 for autococker

AGD
Im confused.. does that mean that a mag is just as "low pressure" as an impulse is? I would have posted in deep blue, but all i need is some simple clarification. :D (some people just werent born smart. :tard: )

Miscue
11-29-2005, 10:14 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25877

I was looking around and i saw that topic.

Im confused.. does that mean that a mag is just as "low pressure" as an impulse is? I would have posted in deep blue, but all i need is some simple clarification. :D (some people just werent born smart. :tard: )

All markers are low pressure when the air gets to the ball.

cdacda13
11-29-2005, 10:14 PM
he means only 60 psi is pushing the ball out of the barrel.
Most gun dont use the whole 850 psi that the tank reg gives off.

SpitFire1299
11-29-2005, 10:31 PM
he means only 60 psi is pushing the ball out of the barrel.
Most gun dont use the whole 850 psi that the tank reg gives off.
i see what you mean on the first part(60 psi pushing the ball out), but the other part.. :confused:

Well my question was answered. Thanks! :)

Troen
11-29-2005, 10:33 PM
i think (not 100%) it was mentioned here http://airgun.com/xmag/html/AirgunDesigns_HB.asf

minimag03
11-29-2005, 10:36 PM
I always new it was low, but I'm suprised to see the Impulse on the same level.

So why does the mag break so much paint if only 60 psi reaches the ball? Is it the force of the mag bolt when it hits the paint?

buzzboy
11-30-2005, 07:24 AM
So why does the mag break so much paint if only 60 psi reaches the ball?
Blasphamer(sp) :nono:

BigEvil
11-30-2005, 07:55 AM
I always new it was low, but I'm suprised to see the Impulse on the same level.

So why does the mag break so much paint if only 60 psi reaches the ball? Is it the force of the mag bolt when it hits the paint?

Well,.....

#1 the bolt is metal, and some of them had realativly 'sharp' edges on them that would nick the next ball in the stack.
#2 its moving pretty fast
#3 The foamyless bolt combined with the old non-parabolic powerfeed plug could = a blender at high rates of fire.
#4 those wire detents were hit or miss for most people, and I saw very few useres ever attempt to adjust them properly
#5 for a long time Mags would outshoot any hopper on the market. The RT was way ahead of modern force fed hoppers
#6 Paintball shells were being made thinner to accomodate the tourny crowd and try to limit the number of bounces

Im sure there are a few factors that Im missing. It really wasnt just one thing, but a set of varibles that differed from user to user.

Here is some food for thought... my old school lvl 7 RT wouldnt chop during rapid fire with a halo, but my old school Angel LED with the ZIP chip on full auto would, every time. (And the Angel had better detents)

Death of Rats
11-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Wasn't the problem with the force feed on the angel it was pushing the ball down enough where the bolt would travel forward it would nick it. I think I experienced this first hand with my old angel led.

Thordic
11-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Paint breakage in a mag has to do more with bolt speed than pressure. Not quite the same thing.

BigEvil
11-30-2005, 10:57 AM
Wasn't the problem with the force feed on the angel it was pushing the ball down enough where the bolt would travel forward it would nick it. I think I experienced this first hand with my old angel led.

Ive heard things to that effect too... but when I put the Predator morlock and break beam eyes in my LED it has have very little paint breaking issues, even with the insane rof and ramping. At first, I would get an occational break, but a little farther down the breech. It was hard to tell if the balls were getting chopped, or wtf was going on. When I changed the eye hold-off setting on the Predator from 1ms to 2ms it seemed to eliminate the problem, and I havent had one since.

Go figure?

hardr0ck68
11-30-2005, 11:00 AM
Well,.....

#1 the bolt is metal, and some of them had realativly 'sharp' edges on them that would nick the next ball in the stack.
#2 its moving pretty fast
#3 The foamyless bolt combined with the old non-parabolic powerfeed plug could = a blender at high rates of fire.
#4 those wire detents were hit or miss for most people, and I saw very few useres ever attempt to adjust them properly
#5 for a long time Mags would outshoot any hopper on the market. The RT was way ahead of modern force fed hoppers
#6 Paintball shells were being made thinner to accomodate the tourny crowd and try to limit the number of bounces

Im sure there are a few factors that Im missing. It really wasnt just one thing, but a set of varibles that differed from user to user.

Here is some food for thought... my old school lvl 7 RT wouldnt chop during rapid fire with a halo, but my old school Angel LED with the ZIP chip on full auto would, every time. (And the Angel had better detents)

That sir is the best reply i have read on AO in months; you earn a gold star! EDIT: although i must interject, that when a chunck of stainless with 10X the mass of a paintball is hitting it at ~30fps a little bit of foam isnt gonna do much. Try hitting a egg with a hammer wrapped in bubble wrap; im willing to bet it will look more like an omlette than hard boiled.