PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade questions

P the Eliminator
11-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Hello everyone. I bought an automag 68 back in 1999, and was wondering about upgrades. I am just getting back into the game, and quite a bit has changed. First I would like to ask about the intelliframe. Is this an electronic frame? or is it just a frame with the switch option for the hopper link? I really like mechanical, so I don't want an electric frame :nono: Also, just want to make sure that the X-valve is compatible with my older gun. I'd love to have a reactive trigger on my gun :D I already got two brand new air tanks. (50 ci worr games tanks) and a ricochet (sp?) electronic hopper. and a remote setup. The last part would be the barrel. Are the boomsticks still the best out there? I was looking at getting one of the 14" boomsticks. What other good barrel options are there out there? Also, is the ULE trigger for the x valve worth it?

It really is amazing that I can use a gun hard for two years, put it in a closet, and when I need it, drop some oil in it and replace the power tube o ring, and BAM! it's firing perfectly! Truely an engineering marvel. The sad thing is that no one uses them anymore! I went to the local shop here in Vegas, and the guy behind the desk said he hasn't seen one of these in years! At the field it was all electronic guns... most of them were crap too! It's sad to see.

Big'n slo
11-30-2005, 03:18 PM
P,
The intelliframe is mechanical with the option for mounting a microswitch to trigger your hopper.

The X-valve is completely compatible with your 68 and with an adjustable air tank you can dial in the reactivity to your liking.

I'd recommend playing with the X valve setup for a while until your comfortable with adjusting the level 10 before adding a ULT kit.

As for barrels, its all personal preference.
I prefer CP barrels

Enjoy

P the Eliminator
11-30-2005, 04:12 PM
P,
The intelliframe is mechanical with the option for mounting a microswitch to trigger your hopper.

The X-valve is completely compatible with your 68 and with an adjustable air tank you can dial in the reactivity to your liking.

I'd recommend playing with the X valve setup for a while until your comfortable with adjusting the level 10 before adding a ULT kit.

As for barrels, its all personal preference.
I prefer CP barrels

Enjoy

Could you explain the adjustable air tank a bit more? The last time I was playing air had just started to catch on and I haven't heard of that before :). Also, what is CP? are they a company? I'll also take your advice on the level 10 stuff before I add the ULT as well. Thats pretty sound, don't want to add too much stuff to the mix! Also good news about the intelliframe! I like the feel of a mechanical trigger compaired to the mouse click of an electric. It just seems distasteful to me! :D

Big'n slo
11-30-2005, 04:27 PM
With the RT based X valve the more pressure you input the more reactive your trigger will become. There are plenty of threads floating around on this subect on AO

Fixed output tanks should be rated around 800psi, with an adjustable you can increase the output to around 1200psi.

CP = Custom Products

P the Eliminator
11-30-2005, 04:40 PM
With the RT based X valve the more pressure you input the more reactive your trigger will become. There are plenty of threads floating around on this subect on AO

Fixed output tanks should be rated around 800psi, with an adjustable you can increase the output to around 1200psi.

CP = Custom Products

Awesome, thanks much for the quick reply! My tanks are fixed, so they are at 800 psi, would this fire about the same as one of the origional automag RT's? I had one of those when they first came out for tourny play, I loved that gun. Sold it in college tho :(

Big'n slo
11-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Awesome, thanks much for the quick reply! My tanks are fixed, so they are at 800 psi, would this fire about the same as one of the origional automag RT's? I had one of those when they first came out for tourny play, I loved that gun. Sold it in college tho :(

Can't say for sure, never had the chance to play with an original RT but the new valves are based on that system.

P the Eliminator
12-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Anyone else have any barrels for me to look at?