PDA

View Full Version : Anybody who has a lvl10 that works sweet Review this post!

jaron_denson
11-30-2005, 02:53 PM
I thought a good idea would be for anyone who supposedly has a lvl 10 setup that never chops should post their settings, ones set up by Agd or Pofessionals would be the most advantageous. Since I am still not able to get my lvl 10 e-max to stop chopping. This post is not about solving a problem it is more or less putting down data that people should be able to replicate and get exact same results since AGD has standardized parts. Info to put down: EX: NOT TO BE USED MY GUN STILL CHOPS!
#1-GUN USED: E-MAG 1.37
#2-BODY USED: STOCK METAL VERT FEED
#3-VALVE USED: E-MAX X-VALVE
#4-Bolt USED: SUPER BOLT II
#4-SPRING USED: RED LARGEST ONE
#5-CARRIER USED: 1.5
#6-SHIMS USED: 3

WELL COOL I HOPE THIS WORKS! IF THERE IS ANYTHING I OVERLOOKED PLEASE INCLUDE IT.
oPTIONAL:
LOADER:HALOBZ
BARREL:FREAK W .6889

Alpha
11-30-2005, 03:04 PM
All LXes will be tuned differently because all of the Carrier O-rings are different.

jaron_denson
11-30-2005, 05:28 PM
All LXes will be tuned differently because all of the Carrier O-rings are different.
How are all the carrier o-rings different? Were they machined at different times or in different sizes? I thought that the o-ring carriers were produced with different size incraments. correct me if i am wrong but isnt a 1.5 carrier a 1.5 carrier. The size of the o-ring that goes around the carrier should have no effect on performance, maybe are you talking about the power tube o-ring? Be specific please. Thanks.

cort422001
11-30-2005, 05:40 PM
I don't remember what settings I used exactly. I installed it over a year ago so i forgot.

My setup is a Minimag with ULE body, CCM feed neck, Stock valve, gen-x reg, intelliframe, freak barrel kit, phycoballistics drop, and level 10. After installing the level 10 I have never choped. One day my team was practicing in shreveport, and the paint was terrible. I had to put away my E2 cocker because the slimy paint cause an eye maufunction. My gun and everyone else's was chopping like mad. I switched to my mag and never cut another ball all day. This kit is amazing! It is the best anti-chop system avalible for any gun. A must buy.

scrumpy
11-30-2005, 06:23 PM
How are all the carrier o-rings different? Were they machined at different times or in different sizes? I thought that the o-ring carriers were produced with different size incraments. correct me if i am wrong but isnt a 1.5 carrier a 1.5 carrier. The size of the o-ring that goes around the carrier should have no effect on performance, maybe are you talking about the power tube o-ring? Be specific please. Thanks.

Yes a 1.5 carrier is a 1.5 carrier, but the orings themselves are going to be different. (The little whitish one that goes in the carrier) If you don't understand, try to visualize this:
A fat oring and a skinny oring put in the same carrier are going to have a different diameter hole through which the bolt stem will fit, snugger and looser respectively. The size difference in the orings may not be visably noticable but once you start tuning it is.

PumpPlayer
11-30-2005, 06:29 PM
The white o-ring that goes inside the carrier is what he's talking about. The "power tube o-ring" or the only seal that meets directly with the bolt stem.

They're molded and so each batch is slightly different. This is why you get more than one carrier so that you can size them.

If your Level 10 chops, you have it set up wrong.

Isn't there a level 10 FAQ around here somewhere?

Geoff Call
11-30-2005, 06:48 PM
The trick to tuning is pretty simple, you want the carrier with the o-ring to fit snug but not tightly around the stem of the bolt. If you think you've got it to this point, put it back together and air the gun up. If there is leaking out of the bolt, go down a carrier with the same o-ring. If its too tight and the bolt sticks, go up a carrier with the same o-ring.

The spring determines how the bolt reacts to the paint. I use a medium spring and the bolt bounces off my finger nicely. I used the hard spring last week and the bolt was bouncing off the paint in the barrel!!! So you can tune these things to bounce your tongue off of them like TK did in the lvl10 video.

I should make a nice pictured tutorial on all this. Mine never chops unless I outrun my hopper.

Thats my 2 cents, I could be more verbose but its just a post:)

-Geoff Call